NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I wanna be Patty's girlfriend! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Tom Brady needs better agents methinks... 1 ring =$500million for Mahomes so Brady deserves $3Billion for his 6 rings...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:32 pm
Tom Brady needs better agents methinks... 1 ring =$500million for Mahomes so Brady deserves $3Billion for his 6 rings...
Lol, NO JOKE

Of course, Brady intentionally took less, so that they could build around him/for the team.
And, it really worked.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Patrick said he wanted to play his entire career here with the Chiefs and they were wise enough to lock him in. I just hope that paying out that kind of loot that they will be able to afford some other key players to work with him. Well they got Kelce, Hill, Watkins and a few others locked in for a while now.

Basically I'm optimistic about the entire deal and I hope that Mahomes brings us a lot of Superbowl wins. One thing good about Patrick Mahomes is that he could make mediocre players look better than they really are. I just hope this virus non-sense is over with by the first week in September. But I now doubt that they will be able to keep Chris Jones unless they got cap space I don't know about. Let the season begin.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Crazy money!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Apparently, Chris Jones said he wants $20 million or else he's holding out! Personally, I would love to see the Chiefs tie up $60 million dollars for two players per year. :D The chiefs should take notes from the Rams - you cant just buy a championship.
- Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 am
Apparently, Chris Jones said he wants $20 million or else he's holding out! Personally, I would love to see the Chiefs tie up $60 million dollars for two players per year. :D The chiefs should take notes from the Rams - you cant just buy a championship.
Very good point Nick. Rams went all in, and it didn't work out...now their severely handcuffed!

Now I hope Dallas gives Dak that kind of contract so they can't do much else for the next few years haha! Give my Giants a glimmer of hope!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 am
Mushroom wrote:
Very good point Nick. Rams went all in, and it didn't work out...now their severely handcuffed!

Now I hope Dallas gives Dak that kind of contract so they can't do much else for the next few years haha! Give my Giants a glimmer of hope!
Don't put that bad juju on me Ricky Bobby!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Let all these teams spend away while New England keeps playing money ball. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
ON the surface I tend to agree with you. But this general manager Brett Veach is far better than any other GM we've had in the past. After all he was the one that insisted on getting Patrick Mahomes, Tyrann Mathieu, Frank Clark ect. So far whatever he is doing it seems to be doing OK so far. But I do agree that the Rams most definitely painted themselves into a corner that they won't get out of anytime soon it seems.

Personally I'm glad they sewed up Patrick for a lengthy deal but even as much as I like him I do think that contract was a bit too lofty. I would have like to have seen a contract that would still give them the ability to put more premium players around him. Because I now fear that they may not have enough loot in the cap space to continue to put premium players around him in about 3 to 4 years or so. But time will tell and so far Brett Veach has made some excellent moves. Special players like Patrick don't come around too often.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
I got a very bad feeling that Chris Jones is either going to end up with the Raiders or possibly the Bears. I would put a bet on the Raiders because Chris Jones is the type of player that Jon Gruden likes a lot and I think they got the cap space to get him. Plus I think Chris would love to play at the new stadium in Vegas. Just a wild guess on my part but if he doesn't ink a deal with the Chiefs I feel that would be his next choice.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Put my order in for a Cam Newton Patriots home jersey last night! For now, it looks like he'll officially be wearing #1.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm
Put my order in for a Cam Newton Patriots home jersey last night! For now, it looks like he'll officially be wearing #1.
Awesome.
Really gonna be strange not having Cam here in Carolina anymore......
Man oh man, the Patriots might just light some teams up this year!!
Cam Newton is devastating when he is healthy...
Throw in Belichick and the potential is limitless imo.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:02 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Awesome.
You all can have Mr. Newton ( Cam) because I'm feeling really good about the Chief's chances this season. If we can just get the Chris Jones saga sorted out I think we'll be even in better shape than we were last year. Even if Chris Jones moves on I still think the defense will be in good hands with Spagnuola at the helm.

I've heard that Tyreek Hill's workouts have been something out of a science fiction movie. I can't even hardly imagine him being better than he already is. If he stays out of trouble he could be the next Jerry Rice IMO>> especially with Patrick throwing to him :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Awesome.
You all can have Mr. Newton ( Cam) because I'm feeling really good about the Chief's chances this season. If we can just get the Chris Jones saga sorted out I think we'll be even in better shape than we were last year. Even if Chris Jones moves on I still think the defense will be in good hands with Spagnuola at the helm.

I've heard that Tyreek Hill's workouts have been something out of a science fiction movie. I can't even hardly imagine him being better than he already is. If he stays out of trouble he could be the next Jerry Rice IMO>> especially with Patrick throwing to him :cool:
Oh yeah. The Chiefs are in good shape.
Pretty much set to repeat I would imagine.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:37 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Awesome.

Oh yeah. The Chiefs are in good shape.
Pretty much set to repeat I would imagine.
Well that's kind of you to say that MAC but winning that Superbowl has a lot involved. To repeat is easier said than done. Even the greatest teams can have one bad day and wreck their Superbowl chances. But I do think the Chiefs are at least poised to win the AFC West again. The Las Vegas Raiders scare me. Because that Jon Gruden seems to have had a curse on the Chiefs for a long time>> and I do believe that Gruden is going to get the Raiders flying high again. Las Vegas might be really good for that team. Boy I bet the old Oakland fans are super POed :mad: that they left the west coast.

Another team I think could ruin our day is the Baltimore Ravens. Lamar Jackson isn't as good as Mahomes is but he is a premier QB and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If the Chiefs can get by those two teams this year we might have a shot. But I just can't wait to see how Tyreek Hill's new training regimen is going to pay off. And I do believe that Kelce is going to continue to get better as well.

In the NFC this year I believe it will be either the Packers, 49ers or the Cowboys that will go to the big dance. If I were to gamble I would put my money on the Cowboys. McCarthy is going to go gangbusters with that team I can feel it in my bones.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Your welcome Joe.
But, ya gotta admit. The Chiefs are poised to do it again. And, that's considering everything you mentioned about just how hard it is to repeat.
Ya know?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Awesome.
Yeah Cam can really open things up for the offense, it's going be a really interesting season, to say the least.

I kind of forgot that Kyle Allen went to Washington and Carolina signed Teddy Bridgewater. I think that move has a lot of upside. They're getting a much more experienced quarterback who has proven he can play well and win.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Awesome.
Yeah Cam can really open things up for the offense, it's going be a really interesting season, to say the least.

I kind of forgot that Kyle Allen went to Washington and Carolina signed Teddy Bridgewater. I think that move has a lot of upside. They're getting a much more experienced quarterback who has proven he can play well and win.
Dude, seems like I heard that for College Football, there will only be Conference Games this year.....
At least that's what The Big 10 announced.
If I'm not mistaken, The Ivy League CANCELED ALL FALL SPORTS. I hope things get better, ya know?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Awesome.

If Drew Brees retires after this season the New Orleans Saints are really going to be regretful that they let Teddy Bridgewater go. Had I been in the front office of the Saints I think I would have been tempted to trade Brees and keep Bridgewater. But we'll see if I'm right come about November.

Well I heard this morning that the Chiefs have got 5 more days to do something about Chris Jones. I wish somebody would do something ASAP because the fans want to know one way or the other. And the sooner Spags knows the sooner he can make adjustments.

I'm just really scared that the Raiders would jump on him in a nano-second>> and they are in our division and that would not be good.