NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by Mushroom »

I personally think the Bears would've been better off picking up Cam Newton than trading for Nick Foles.
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:13 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm
Yeah Cam Newton to the Steelers would be really great but I hope wherever he goes he gets to start. I think he's waiting for a starter to get hurt and then sign a nice deal with that team. If Kyler Murray goes down bc he's so small, Cam would do great in Arizona
Very good. Hadn't thought of that!
That reminds me, who's QB'ing the Titans??
Ryan Tannehill got resigned to a 4 year deal worth $118 million.
Just Unbelievable!!
That guy is the luckiest man in the world, lol...
I realize he helped take the Titans far last season but...
LOL seriously! I would have thought his career was over after leaving the Dolphins but I guess he played himself into a big money contract. Derrick Henry may have had a LOT to do with Tannehills success but they're getting away with paying him the franchise tag this year! :eek:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:18 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:13 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Very good. Hadn't thought of that!
That reminds me, who's QB'ing the Titans??
Ryan Tannehill got resigned to a 4 year deal worth $118 million.
Just Unbelievable!!
That guy is the luckiest man in the world, lol...
I realize he helped take the Titans far last season but...
LOL seriously! I would have thought his career was over after leaving the Dolphins but I guess he played himself into a big money contract. Derrick Henry may have had a LOT to do with Tannehills success but they're getting away with paying him the franchise tag this year! :eek:
Lol, wow.
I really dont know what else to say..... :confused:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 am
MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm
Well gang, anything going on in the League this week?
Cam Newton still floating around?
There must be more going on than we realize with Cam Newton. Because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested. I kind of thought that Miami would have been a good fit for him. And with the XFL out of the picture his choices are getting fewer.

If I was his agent I would try to get him a spot on the Steeler's Roster. Because Big Ben may be looking at his career end and Ben seems to be getting more injury prone. That might be his best bet for a starter's job.
They would be trading an old QB who is injury prone for a slightly less old QB who is injury prone.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm
Joe Flacco to the Jets on a 1 yr deal. Cam Newton still unsigned.
Perfect fit. Never liked Flacco and hate the Jets.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:26 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 am
MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm
Well gang, anything going on in the League this week?
Cam Newton still floating around?
There must be more going on than we realize with Cam Newton. Because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested. I kind of thought that Miami would have been a good fit for him. And with the XFL out of the picture his choices are getting fewer.

If I was his agent I would try to get him a spot on the Steeler's Roster. Because Big Ben may be looking at his career end and Ben seems to be getting more injury prone. That might be his best bet for a starter's job.
They would be trading an old QB who is injury prone for a slightly less old QB who is injury prone.
Nah man, Cam is a free agent. He would back up Roethlisberger
No trading involved :)
bearfacedkiller

Sorry, shouldn’t have said trade. I was implying that Ben is likely done and that Cam is more of the same.
-Darby
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:02 pm
Sorry, shouldn’t have said trade. I was implying that Ben is likely done and that Cam is more of the same.
It would still be an ideal set up for the Steelers in their present situation to get Newton to back up Big Ben. With Ben being as injury prone as he is it wouldn't be long before Cam would be the starter I'm sure of it.

The poor Steelers truly got screwed by Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell when they both went their own ways. Both the players and the Steelers got a bad deal out that debacle. I'm sure that both players are already regretting what they did considering where both of them are at now.

The Rooney Family would have taken good care of both players if they would have played their cards right and stayed the course. Both were just greedy and neither benefited from their exit. Poor Mike Tomlin now has got one huge re-building job ahead of him.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Tannehill is the new Alex Smith. Game manager, throw about 25 passes max, 200 yards and a TD or 2. Rely on a great running game and solid defense.

Nothing wrong with it, because W's are what counts. But as a fan, their kind of boring to watch.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:52 pm
Tannehill is the new Alex Smith. Game manager, throw about 25 passes max, 200 yards and a TD or 2. Rely on a great running game and solid defense.

Nothing wrong with it, because W's are what counts. But as a fan, their kind of boring to watch.
Tannehill and Alex Smith both are journeymen at best. Neither of those QBs have premier talent IMO. The Chiefs would have never went to the Superbowl with Alex Smith. He was good to have while the Chief's organization was building the empire that we are still working hard on. I wish Alex Smith well but he would be well advised just to go ahead and retire and maybe look at coaching if he loves the game so well.

Actually Tannehill and Kirk Cousins both have done far better than I ever figured they would have. But I'm sure glad that the Chief's are not stuck with either one of them.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I think the Tannehill contract just illustrates how desperate teams are for a good mediocre Quarterback.
Like both Joe and Rick pointed out, a good game manager- dependable QB.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Is anyone watching the Manning/Woods vs Brady/Michelson golf charity match on TNT?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Is anyone watching the Manning/Woods vs Brady/Michelson golf charity match on TNT?
Haven't really been watching too much of it but I did just see Brady sink that incredible birdie shot! :eek:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow. I didn't realize it was on today.
Thanx Spydiegirl!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 am
I think the Tannehill contract just illustrates how desperate teams are for a good mediocre Quarterback.
It isn't always totally necessary for a team to have premier QB to win it all. Just look at the 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens>> Trent Dilfer :eek: !!! Are you kidding me they won the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer :rolleyes: Yes they did as much as I'm forced to admit it. Of course it was that monster defense of theirs that really pulled it out. But Good Lord I bet only the most ardent fan remembers Trent Dilfer :rolleyes:

And Eli Manning wasn't nearly the QB his brother was but yet they both won two Superbowls. Go figure. Defenses in the NFL over the past 4 decades have truly completely changed the game IMO.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:38 pm
MacLaren wrote:
It isn't always totally necessary for a team to have premier QB to win it all. Just look at the 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens>> Trent Dilfer :eek: !!! Are you kidding me they won the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer :rolleyes: Yes they did as much as I'm forced to admit it. Of course it was that monster defense of theirs that really pulled it out. But Good Lord I bet only the most ardent fan remembers Trent Dilfer :rolleyes:

And Eli Manning wasn't nearly the QB his brother was but yet they both won two Superbowls. Go figure. Defenses in the NFL over the past 4 decades have truly completely changed the game IMO.
I'll see your Trent Dilfer and raise you one Brad Johnson lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Eli was definitely a few notches above Dilfer! But, I know what your saying. Eli was helped by great defenses, a few lucky throws...but also was so clutch and didn't make mistakes in those big games. For awhile there, I was actually confident in Eli to pull off those bigs games and trusted him more than most other qbs in the league.

I'll never forget a game against the Saints and Drew Brees. Brees threw 6 tds, Eli 5. We lost, but it wasn't on him. He balled out! Something Dilfer never did :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:46 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Eli was definitely a few notches above Dilfer! But, I know what your saying. Eli was helped by great defenses, a few lucky throws...but also was so clutch and didn't make mistakes in those big games. For awhile there, I was actually confident in Eli to pull off those bigs games and trusted him more than most other qbs in the league.

I'll never forget a game against the Saints and Drew Brees. Brees threw 6 tds, Eli 5. We lost, but it wasn't on him. He balled out! Something Dilfer never did :p
My point in what I was saying is simply that you don't need a Patrick Mahomes type QB to win it all if you got a dynamite defense. Take the 85 Chicago Bears for instance. Jim McMahon by no one's definition ranked in the area of Joe Montana or John Elway but yet the 85 Bears had probably the most explosive season that year that we've seen in modern football.

I'm forever grateful to Eli Manning for beating the Evil Empire twice :cool: The Giants over the years have proven to be a solid organization. The Parcells years were probably the best. But Coughlin wasn't bad either. But Parcells changed that organization overall IMO.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Another great example would be the Ravens 2 Super Bowl wins.
Especially their first. That defense was one of the best ever.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Another great example would be the Ravens 2 Super Bowl wins.
Especially their first. That defense was one of the best ever.
I've heard two big time sportscasters claim that the two most vicious defenses ever in the NFL were the 85 Bears and the 2000-01 Ravens. I can't think of a team that was even close to those two. Maybe going back to the Bucaneers when Tony Dungy was putting that team together he had a pretty good defense going too.

But still a premier QB doesn't guarantee a Superbowl. Look at Dan Marino for crying out loud. He made it to one Superbowl where Joe Montana ate his lunch in grand fashion. But after that he was usually "One & Done" in the playoffs every year he went. Look at Dan Fouts who was one of my all time favorites as far as excitement goes. But he never got to the big dance. My brother has claimed for years that defenses win Superbowls. He might be more right than I think in the big picture.