NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by SG89 »

I've been to Jerry world a few times and it's awesome but I just really like watching games by myself at home. Plus I love being able to rewind and fast forward and pause whenever I want.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:59 pm
I've been to Jerry world a few times and it's awesome but I just really like watching games by myself at home. Plus I love being able to rewind and fast forward and pause whenever I want.
I'll bet it was!
That big screen alone is just incredible from what I understand.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:24 pm
Yeah, I have no doubt at all that Chiefs tickets to ANY game will be a premium.
Man, it would be awesome to see the Chiefs play the Raiders.
Heck, I've still yet to see a pro football game....
As much as I really hope this NFL season happens in general, I also hope they allow fans in the stadiums. I went to the final two Patriots games last season by myself and had a great time! LOL

As long as they allow fans in, I'm planning to go to their season opener this upcoming season.
OH they'll have all of this shutdown over by the opening day of the NFL season. Now there is a possibility that there might be some overlap about the time of the pre-season. But I'm sure the NFL will have a green light. There is just too much money involved.

If they do limit the fans they let into stadium then the Chief's organization is going to have to return truck loads of money because I heard that most of this upcoming season's game are already sold out.

And this being an election year and with many politicians being football fans I'm about 98% sure things will go on schedule for the NFL.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I am ready already for NFL season :D
This year should be super exciting.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:42 pm
Even as good as the KC Chief's roster looks at this point I'm still not going to predict anything at this point. Just look how all the talking heads predicted that Cleveland would win the AFC in the 2019 season. Whoops!!! they sure got that one wrong.

But I do predict that it will be much more easy to get floor seats for the Rolling Stones than it will be to get good seats at ARROWHEAD. Many of those seats already have a very high price tag on them. Kansas City is always good at supporting winners. Also there is even a cult following of the Chiefs going since they got Mahomes. The Chief's front office has been brilliant these past two to three years.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Even as good as the KC Chief's roster looks at this point I'm still not going to predict anything at this point. Just look how all the talking heads predicted that Cleveland would win the AFC in the 2019 season. Whoops!!! they sure got that one wrong.

But I do predict that it will be much more easy to get floor seats for the Rolling Stones than it will be to get good seats at ARROWHEAD. Many of those seats already have a very high price tag on them. Kansas City is always good at supporting winners. Also there is even a cult following of the Chiefs going since they got Mahomes. The Chief's front office has been brilliant these past two to three years.
The only thing that can really stop the Chiefs from becoming a Dynasty is injuries. Let's just hope they stay healthy.
They really are set up to make a run for a Dynasty. Imo, anyways
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:

The only thing that can really stop the Chiefs from becoming a Dynasty is injuries. Let's just hope they stay healthy.
They really are set up to make a run for a Dynasty. Imo, anyways
Mac I haven't seen anything like it since the Joe Montana or Lenny Dawson days. This town is just so hyped up on the Chiefs. Heck The sports radio stations here in KC still get calls on the Chiefs even in the "off season".

Everyone of our draft picks are looking great. The Chief's front office has just been brilliant. And I own Andy Reid an apology. I think that T.O. ruined his tenure in Philadelphia :rolleyes: . But he's learned his lesson and he's passed up on a lot of potential locker room poison. And it's paying off big time.

But I'm not in the dark either because there are about 6 teams that are poised to improve greatly this year. I do believe that Jon Gruden is going to make the Las Vegas Raiders a dreaded opponent. And they are in our division. But we've been murder on them at ARROWHEAD the past few years.

It's unbelievable that Patrick Mahomes was passed up by 9 teams in the draft :eek: Other than Deshaun Watson none of them have even come close to Patrick. But the Chiefs have one last piece of the puzzle>> we do need a good back up QB. Don't know if Matt Moore will return or not.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, anything going on in the League this week?
Cam Newton still floating around?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm
There must be more going on than we realize with Cam Newton. Because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested. I kind of thought that Miami would have been a good fit for him. And with the XFL out of the picture his choices are getting fewer.

If I was his agent I would try to get him a spot on the Steeler's Roster. Because Big Ben may be looking at his career end and Ben seems to be getting more injury prone. That might be his best bet for a starter's job.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 am
MacLaren wrote:
There must be more going on than we realize with Cam Newton. Because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested. I kind of thought that Miami would have been a good fit for him. And with the XFL out of the picture his choices are getting fewer.

If I was his agent I would try to get him a spot on the Steeler's Roster. Because Big Ben may be looking at his career end and Ben seems to be getting more injury prone. That might be his best bet for a starter's job.
Evidently, teams just dont wanna deal with his crap anymore.
There's no doubt Cam Newton is one of the most talented players in the league. And, I know that Cam has been unfairly roughed up a lot as a QB. The refs really did do him an injustice.
But, Cam must be a problem in the locker room or I believe that New England would've jumped on him already much less Pittsburgh.
I dont mean to sound like Debbie Downer, but it seems to me like the League is making a statement. When I League, I mean Owners.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:52 am
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

There's no doubt Cam Newton is one of the most talented players in the league. And, I know that Cam has been unfairly roughed up a lot as a QB. The refs really did do him an injustice.
But, Cam must be a problem in the locker room or I believe that New England would've jumped on him already much less Pittsburgh.
I dont mean to sound like Debbie Downer, but it seems to me like the League is making a statement. When I League, I mean Owners.
There is no doubt that most of the NFL owners are "black-balling" certain players in the past 5 years or so i.e. Antonio Brown, Colin Kaepernick, T.O. ect. Just look at all the premier players Andy Reid has passed up on in the past two years especially. They have all come to learn that "Locker Room Poison" is best avoided no matter how talented the player might be.

The more I think about it I do believe that Cam Newton will be lucky to get a nice back-up QB contract. And that's not going to come easy for him. If he isn't on roster by the 4th of July you can be assured that he's been "black-balled".
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:59 am
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

There is no doubt that most of the NFL owners are "black-balling" certain players in the past 5 years or so i.e. Antonio Brown, Colin Kaepernick, T.O. ect. Just look at all the premier players Andy Reid has passed up on in the past two years especially. They have all come to learn that "Locker Room Poison" is best avoided no matter how talented the player might be.

The more I think about it I do believe that Cam Newton will be lucky to get a nice back-up QB contract. And that's not going to come easy for him. If he isn't on roster by the 4th of July you can be assured that he's been "black-balled".
Yeah man, just makes no sense otherwise.
He is way too talented not to be signed as a starter much less a backup by now, imo.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:04 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:59 am
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Yeah man, just makes no sense otherwise.
He is way too talented not to be signed as a starter much less a backup by now, imo.
Again if he isn't on a roster by the 4th of July then you can be assured that he won't be unless a big name player sustains a season ending injury in pre-season or training camp. Since the money has gotten so big in the NFL it seems like a lot of these guys consider themselves either a "Royalty" or even a "Deity" in some cases. Yeah they're getting that bad arrogant in many cases.
Also players that have sustained certain injuries seem to be black-balled as well. But we'll know by the 4th of July I would bet money on it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

If there is a season this year every team will be in win-now mode bc next year's college football draft class will be a crapshoot with the potential college football season postponed as well or severely limited. Gotta have game tape to evaluate those college guys.
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Joe Flacco to the Jets on a 1 yr deal. Cam Newton still unsigned.
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm
Joe Flacco to the Jets on a 1 yr deal. Cam Newton still unsigned.
Wow. Flacco to the Jets. Cool.

I really do hope that Cam Newton finds a team.
Honestly, I really wish Pittsburgh would grab him.
That was a good idea Joe had.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yeah Cam Newton to the Steelers would be really great but I hope wherever he goes he gets to start. I think he's waiting for a starter to get hurt and then sign a nice deal with that team. If Kyler Murray goes down bc he's so small, Cam would do great in Arizona
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm
Yeah Cam Newton to the Steelers would be really great but I hope wherever he goes he gets to start. I think he's waiting for a starter to get hurt and then sign a nice deal with that team. If Kyler Murray goes down bc he's so small, Cam would do great in Arizona
Very good. Hadn't thought of that!
That reminds me, who's QB'ing the Titans??
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Ryan Tannehill got resigned to a 4 year deal worth $118 million.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Ryan Tannehill got resigned to a 4 year deal worth $118 million.
Just Unbelievable!!
That guy is the luckiest man in the world, lol...
I realize he helped take the Titans far last season but...