NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:42 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:42 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:31 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:29 pm

I did hear from a buddy who is a season ticket holder that he got some inside Chief's information. The info he received was in regard to that new running back the Chiefs just drafted in the first round. I'm at work now and his name escapes me. But he was the RB that they drafted from LSU in the first round, selection 32. Two of the guys in the training staff said that they had never seen a running back with better hands than this guy has. Also we still have Damien Williams as well. Well Also have Mecole Hardman, Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson, and Sammy Watkins in the receiver corp.

Also they are getting very close to coming to terms with Chris Jones. Actually we could lose him and I still think we wouldn't be in bad shape at all. But with him it's just that much better. It's truly a shame what happened to the XFL :( I hope that they can still salvage that new league somehow but the timing was incredibly cruel for them needless to say.
Man, JD, I said from jump street, that pick was brilliant by Kansas City! It's like adding rocket fuel to that massive bonfire that the Chiefs already have going. I rrally,really, like that RB out of LSU.
When you consider the great improvement that Steve Spagnuolo accomplished in just his first year I truly think the Chiefs are in the driver's seat to at least win their division and go far in the playoffs. If they don't get too overconfident they could possibly go to the big dance again. I think that Mahomes even has more promise than Joe Montana had at this juncture in his career. But we'll see this upcoming autumn.
Shoot, as long as the Chiefs stay healthy they are in the driver's seat imo.
Having more than 1 good running back on a normal team is tough to deal with. But, with the Chiefs, it will be extremely tough on other teams. I would be amazed if anyone held the Cheifs to only 2 touchdowns in any game this year.
JD, they have a dam good chance at repeating....
Mac that running back from LSU that the Chiefs picked his name is Clyde Edwards-Helaire. The info I got from my friend here in KC is that this guy makes catches that you would think Tyreek Hill would be making. That's scary in and of itself>> but they also said that this guy doesn't fumble hardly at all and that he also has some good moves.

Also the Chiefs have got most of the really important players under contract like those I mentioned in my earlier thread. And they got Sammy Watkins to work with them as well as Demarcus Robinson. Not sure which of the second string tight ends they kept but I think that Blake Bell went to Buffalo. But Kelce is going to have another super year I'm sure of it. Mahomes definitely reminds me of when Joe Montana started with the 49ers>> except I think Mahomes is even potentially better. But the Chiefs aren't going to be the only team to beware of.

I look for Dallas, Tampa Bay, Miami and the Las Vegas Raiders to sharply improve this upcoming year.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:55 pm
Not sure which of the second string tight ends they kept but I think that Blake Bell went to Buffalo.
Dallas picked up the Belldozer!
:)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:57 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Not sure which of the second string tight ends they kept but I think that Blake Bell went to Buffalo.
So does that mean the Jason Witten is not going to be a Cowboy anymore? One thing I liked about Blake Bell is that he was consistent and filled in nicely for Travis Kelce when needed. I think Travis Kelce could be the next Tony Gonzales if he keeps at this level he's playing at.

Zeke Elliot is going to be a dream come true for Mike McCarthy. I know at lot of really hard core Cowboy's fans didn't like the selection of Mike McCarthy. But he never had a premier running back like Elliot>> this is going to be extremely interesting. I hope that they got Amare Cooper back too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yes. I think Dallas fans have a helluva a lot to look forward to this year. That was a solid move picking up Andy Dalton too, imo.
If Dak were to get injured, they will be fine with Andy Dalton there imho.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:03 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
So does that mean the Jason Witten is not going to be a Cowboy anymore? One thing I liked about Blake Bell is that he was consistent and filled in nicely for Travis Kelce when needed. I think Travis Kelce could be the next Tony Gonzales if he keeps at this level he's playing at.

Zeke Elliot is going to be a dream come true for Mike McCarthy. I know at lot of really hard core Cowboy's fans didn't like the selection of Mike McCarthy. But he never had a premier running back like Elliot>> this is going to be extremely interesting. I hope that they got Amare Cooper back too.
Witten went to the Raiders if you can believe that!
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hope Jason Witten doesn't wind up getting hurt.
Witten played his high school football in the same county in Tennessee that I did. Carter County Tennessee
He played for the Elizabethton Cyclones.
Needless to say he was freakin awesome.....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:16 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:03 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Witten went to the Raiders if you can believe that!
yeah I just saw that last night when looking at the Raiders info page. I bet Jon Gruden is really glad about that. He has a great history of taking those older players and getting 2 to 3 years more out of them. Look what he did with Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and a few others I could mention.

Gruden tends to like a lot of veteran leadership. I am a bit surprised though>> because Jerry Jones has a history of hanging on to his favorites. The way he hung on to Jason Garrett was unprecedented. But maybe he's learning his lesson and maybe McCarthy might have put his foot down on that one.

McCarthy is going to take that team to Superbowl caliber in a very short time. He has a wide array of superb talent. But time will tell. I wish we could fast forward to September. What a shame about the XFL :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:36 pm
Witten played his high school football in the same county in Tennessee that I did. Carter County Tennessee
I just hope that Witten doesn't get seriously hurt. It would be a shame to see his sterling career end on that note. Because there are a lot of teams in the league that literally hate the Raiders. Here in Kansas City we have a chapter of the "Raider Haters" and boy do they turn out when the Raiders are at ARROWHEAD Stadium.

I don't hate the Raiders myself at all. I actually envy their rich history. I just wonder if Mark Davis is going to keep their tradition going like his dad did???
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:13 am
MacLaren wrote:
I just hope that Witten doesn't get seriously hurt. It would be a shame to see his sterling career end on that note. Because there are a lot of teams in the league that literally hate the Raiders. Here in Kansas City we have a chapter of the "Raider Haters" and boy do they turn out when the Raiders are at ARROWHEAD Stadium.

I don't hate the Raiders myself at all. I actually envy their rich history. I just wonder if Mark Davis is going to keep their tradition going like his dad did???
Yeah, I'm mainly worried because of his age.
But, some guys have a very hard time leaving the game
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:38 am
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Correct on every point. But just the fact that he's a Raider now makes him a target. The Rivalry between the Raiders and the Chiefs goes all the way back to the Hank Stram/Lenny Dawson days. The Rivalry between the Raiders and the Broncos is even worse.

What Sean Peyton got suspended for in New Orleans goes on all the time with teams that play the Raiders. The Raiders also have a history of giving out a lot of cheap shots. Does the name Daryl Stingley come to mind? Not to mention Jack Tatum. Sure that was another era but the tradition is still alive I can assure you.

Yeah I hope he doesn't get a bad cheap shot. Speaking of people that don't know when to quit>> I've heard that Brett Favre is already having some serious regrets. He played way too long.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:47 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:38 am
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Correct on every point. But just the fact that he's a Raider now makes him a target. The Rivalry between the Raiders and the Chiefs goes all the way back to the Hank Stram/Lenny Dawson days. The Rivalry between the Raiders and the Broncos is even worse.

What Sean Peyton got suspended for in New Orleans goes on all the time with teams that play the Raiders. The Raiders also have a history of giving out a lot of cheap shots. Does the name Daryl Stingley come to mind? Not to mention Jack Tatum. Sure that was another era but the tradition is still alive I can assure you.

Yeah I hope he doesn't get a bad cheap shot. Speaking of people that don't know when to quit>> I've heard that Brett Favre is already having some serious regrets. He played way too long.
Exactly. They seem forget just how hard and fast those playing days will catch up with them. Favre, in particular as you mentioned. Andrew Luck, after a freakin lacerated kidney, had the good sense to get out of the game.
But, you ain't just whistlin dixie about the Oakland Raiders. They used to be the roughest out there lol.
Those games with Pittsburgh were brutal.
Hopefully Witten wont get seriously injured this year.
These NFL players just keep getting stronger and faster.
Can you believe Warren Sapp ran a 4.4 40 yard dash!
At his size! That's just **** on wheels man lol.....
And, he is just one example.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Raiders knew what Vontaze Burfict was all about and they loved it. And he wasn't the only dirty trick artist on that team either. The Raiders have a rich tradition of that type of play. It seemed like Al Davis just thrived on it. One thing in the Chief's favor is that we have a huge advantage playing them here at ARROWHEAD. The Raiders have a horrible record at ARROWHEAD and the fans are brutal on them at times.

It's really incredible the raw hatred the Chief's fans have for the Raiders. That Raider Hater club here in KC has a huge membership. You would not want to disagree with one of them at one of the sports bars here in KC. It would be a violent outcome in most cases. The Chief's fanbase goes back a long ways and for a town no bigger than KC it's amazing how well that team has done over the last few decades.

But the old time Raiders did a lot of rotten stuff in the old Days and our fanbase will probably never forget and most certainly will never forgive either. I'm just telling you all the truth. I bet tickets are going to be nearly impossible to get this upcoming season>> some of the games are already sold out I was told.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah, I have no doubt at all that Chiefs tickets to ANY game will be a premium.
Man, it would be awesome to see the Chiefs play the Raiders.
Heck, I've still yet to see a pro football game....
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:24 pm
As much as I really hope this NFL season happens in general, I also hope they allow fans in the stadiums. I went to the final two Patriots games last season by myself and had a great time! LOL

As long as they allow fans in, I'm planning to go to their season opener this upcoming season.
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I much prefer watching games at home than going to the game... The beer is always cheaper and I don't have to wait in line for 15min to use the bathroom! Lol
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Oh yeah, I like watching games at home for all those same reasons but there is something really enjoyable about the atmosphere of being in the stadium that just can't be matched at home.

I had been to some games before with friends and family but going to the game alone was something I had never done before. Actually more fun than I expected. :D
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yeah it's got to be more fun when the home team is always playing in the Superbowl too lol I wouldn't know that feeling *cries self to sleep*
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gosh guys, I would really like to go.
I've been to Knoxville to Tennessee games and those SEC games are awesome but, theres just nothing like the NFL imo
Just on a different level. Best of the best.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:24 pm
As much as I really hope this NFL season happens in general, I also hope they allow fans in the stadiums. I went to the final two Patriots games last season by myself and had a great time! LOL

As long as they allow fans in, I'm planning to go to their season opener this upcoming season.
Dude, that's awesome. I hope you get to go!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:31 pm
I much prefer watching games at home than going to the game... The beer is always cheaper and I don't have to wait in line for 15min to use the bathroom! Lol
My dad always said, the best seat there is, is in our living room
You make some excellent points to be quite honest
But, I would like to experience just one NFL game
The closest stadium for me would be Charlotte, followed by Atlanta and Nashville