NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:21 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:53 pm
Ya know, Tom Brady is my favorite NFL player.
Best QB of all time imo.
Now, Tommy is in the NFC South. Same as my Carolina Panthers
But, I bet I play **** getting a ticket for that game.....
You know those tickets will go like crazy
I was lucky to get tickets to Bradys last two games as a Patriot! I'm hoping to attend the season opener this year as well.

I'll always cheer for the Patriots first but I'll always be a Tom Brady fan too. Fortunately, the Patriots and the Buccaneers schedules won't overlap until week 15, so I'll have a good opportunity to watch both teams this whole season.
Good deal.
Man, I hate to say it, but I'm ready for fall and the leaves to change
Most people love the summer. I've always loved the fall, mainly October when the leaves change and football is in full steam
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Btw, where's JD?
Man, if I were a Chiefs fan, I would be chomping at the bit for it to become NFL season. And, Ill.be he is!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, anyone think Cam Newton will get signed?
Eventually maybe?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I think so but it will probably be due to someone else getting injured or cut in training camp.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:00 am
I think so but it will probably be due to someone else getting injured or cut in training camp.
I'm thinking the same thing.
I'll bet Cam is shocked too.....
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:39 am
Eventually maybe?
I'm actually really surprised no one has signed him yet. I was convinced he'd had a starting role somewhere by now. If this season ends up happening, I think he'll be signed somewhere by week 2. Someone will need a new QB and Cam will probably be the best option.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:11 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:39 am
Eventually maybe?
I'm actually really surprised no one has signed him yet. I was convinced he'd had a starting role somewhere by now. If this season ends up happening, I think he'll be signed somewhere by week 2. Someone will need a new QB and Cam will probably be the best option.
One would think so. But, I would be willing to be those NFL owners didnt appreciate Cam dressing like a 1950's housewife and wanna make an example.
And, to be quite honest, I really dont blame them.
Maybe Cam will tone.it down a little if he comes back.
Please, dont get me wrong. If the man wasnt in the NFL, then I would have no problem with how he dresses. But, being on an NFL team, the QB no less, that's gotta be a helluva distraction.
Ya know, this has actually been an argument- well, not a real argument but, a disagreement between the MRS.MacLaren and myself. She feels that the way Cam dressed shouldn't have any bearing at all on how Cam is treated by the NFL. I just disagree
But, I have no problem at all with those that disagree with me on Cam Newton.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I agree. He didn't do himself any favors pouting after the Superbowl loss during the press conference. But I think he hasn't been signed yet bc at first he wanted to be a starter only then he changed his mind once all the starting roles were filled. Too little too late plus he was injured last year and he's a big dude so he takes a lot of unnecessary hits and the refs don't call flags like they would for precious Aaron Rodgers
Spydergirl88
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Sure, there is some drama with Cam and I haven’t always liked his attitude.

That said, he isn’t signed because he is coming off injuries and surgeries. He will want to get paid well and right now nobody knows what they will be getting.

Still confused why New England didn’t sign Winston, Dalton or Newton. They are all better than Hoyer.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:27 am
I agree. He didn't do himself any favors pouting after the Superbowl loss during the press conference. But I think he hasn't been signed yet bc at first he wanted to be a starter only then he changed his mind once all the starting roles were filled. Too little too late plus he was injured last year and he's a big dude so he takes a lot of unnecessary hits and the refs don't call flags like they would for precious Aaron Rodgers
Now,you just made a helluva point. One I really forgot about.
The refs were absolutely unfair with Cam getting knocked around. Its Unbelievable the difference between Newton and Rodgers as far as flags being called for roughing.
Certainly good reason for Cams injuries.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My goodness!
The NFL channel actually showed Super Bowl XIII LATE last night!
I remember waking up- I fell asleep with the TV on and, bam!
There it was. I was just too sleepy to watch.
I really wish I knew they were going to play Super Bowl XIII
Pittsburg 35 Dallas 31
I wouldve recorded it.
Btw, a lot of good games coming on this weekend....
SG89

Post by SG89 »

One of the greatest Superbowl games ever! The Cowboys made a lot of mistakes and tried to make a comeback for the ages but too little too late :(
At least they got revenge 2 decades later lol.
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:49 am
One of the greatest Superbowl games ever! The Cowboys made a lot of mistakes and tried to make a comeback for the ages but too little too late :(
Ya know, I can honestly say that the Cowboys win over the Steelers in the last Super Bowl they played each other really doesn't bother me that bad. Because, those Dallas teams of the 90's were some of the best ever. I mean right at the top if not the best, just like Pittsburgh of the 70's and the 49'ers of the 80's
But, loosing to Green Bay really stung for a long time lol....
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:47 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Ya know, I can honestly say that the Cowboys
Those darn packers always have to twist the knife when they win, huh?
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 am
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:47 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Ya know, I can honestly say that the Cowboys
Those darn packers always have to twist the knife when they win, huh?
Just a bunch a cheeseheads :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm
Btw, where's JD?
Man, if I were a Chiefs fan, I would be chomping at the bit for it to become NFL season. And, Ill.be he is!
I did hear from a buddy who is a season ticket holder that he got some inside Chief's information. The info he received was in regard to that new running back the Chiefs just drafted in the first round. I'm at work now and his name escapes me. But he was the RB that they drafted from LSU in the first round, selection 32. Two of the guys in the training staff said that they had never seen a running back with better hands than this guy has. Also we still have Damien Williams as well. Well Also have Mecole Hardman, Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson, and Sammy Watkins in the receiver corp.

Also they are getting very close to coming to terms with Chris Jones. Actually we could lose him and I still think we wouldn't be in bad shape at all. But with him it's just that much better. It's truly a shame what happened to the XFL :( I hope that they can still salvage that new league somehow but the timing was incredibly cruel for them needless to say.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:29 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Btw, where's JD?
I did hear from a buddy who is a season ticket holder that he got some inside Chief's information. The info he received was in regard to that new running back the Chiefs just drafted in the first round. I'm at work now and his name escapes me. But he was the RB that they drafted from LSU in the first round, selection 32. Two of the guys in the training staff said that they had never seen a running back with better hands than this guy has. Also we still have Damien Williams as well. Well Also have Mecole Hardman, Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson, and Sammy Watkins in the receiver corp.

Also they are getting very close to coming to terms with Chris Jones. Actually we could lose him and I still think we wouldn't be in bad shape at all. But with him it's just that much better. It's truly a shame what happened to the XFL :( I hope that they can still salvage that new league somehow but the timing was incredibly cruel for them needless to say.
Man, JD, I said from jump street, that pick was brilliant by Kansas City! It's like adding rocket fuel to that massive bonfire that the Chiefs already have going. I rrally,really, like that RB out of LSU.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
I'm going out on a big limb. I predict that the Cowboys will win their division with ease this upcoming season. Mike McCarthy will be the coach they've been looking for. McCarthy never had a back like Zeke Elliot to work with. Also he has a great offense and an above average defense. I doubt if he'll make the Superbowl his first year there but I do think the team will improve greatly under his leadership.

I would still like to know what kind of dirt that Jason Garrett had on big Jerry :eek: :D Jason Garrett's firing was at least 3 to 4 years late IMO.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:31 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Btw, where's JD?

Man, JD, I said from jump street, that pick was brilliant by Kansas City! It's like adding rocket fuel to that massive bonfire that the Chiefs already have going. I rrally,really, like that RB out of LSU.
When you consider the great improvement that Steve Spagnuolo accomplished in just his first year I truly think the Chiefs are in the driver's seat to at least win their division and go far in the playoffs. If they don't get too overconfident they could possibly go to the big dance again. I think that Mahomes even has more promise than Joe Montana had at this juncture in his career. But we'll see this upcoming autumn.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:42 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:31 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Btw, where's JD?

When you consider the great improvement that Steve Spagnuolo accomplished in just his first year I truly think the Chiefs are in the driver's seat to at least win their division and go far in the playoffs. If they don't get too overconfident they could possibly go to the big dance again. I think that Mahomes even has more promise than Joe Montana had at this juncture in his career. But we'll see this upcoming autumn.
Shoot, as long as the Chiefs stay healthy they are in the driver's seat imo.
Having more than 1 good running back on a normal team is tough to deal with. But, with the Chiefs, it will be extremely tough on other teams. I would be amazed if anyone held the Cheifs to only 2 touchdowns in any game this year.
JD, they have a dam good chance at repeating....