Has the Coronavirus affected your daily life?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
PineyBoy

Re: Has the Coronavirus affected your daily life?

Post by PineyBoy »

Yes, it has hit all of us very hard. Yesterday they released new figures for our state:150,000 cases and over 10,000 dead. This is the highest in the country per 100,000. I'm down in the southern portion where its pretty rural and up north very urban and densly populated. Probably 90% of the cases are up in the northern cities of the state. Be safe.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Ha ha! :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

I am just keeping my one outing once a week to the store.

Doing my part here.

All I can do for now.

Not much has really changed for me between now and the past 3 years or so taking care of a parent.

I used to go out twice a week or every other day to the store, but other than that it was the same for the most part.

Getting older now at 55 so....
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

My mom and I used to take the car for errands every day multiple times per day. Now we do it maybe once every two to three weeks. We went to Pete's or Starbucks for drinks and breakfast items at least three times per week before SARS-CoV-2 hit.

I try to stretch it to once every three weeks, but that means that I have to purchase enough goods when I go to the supermarket. We never quite make it three weeks, but we are close. Milk is the commodity that brings me back out. If not for expiring milk or running out of milk, we could go more than a month between supermarket runs. We use milk for breakfast cereal, the dog gets milk every day, and for my mom's tea...possibly cooking too.

When I do go out for an errand I have to clean off the elastomeric full face respirator that I have. I use isopropyl alcohol for the rubber contacting my face inside and outside of the mask, and glass cleaner for the inside and outside of the clear portion.

I think we have used a little more than a quarter of a tank of gas over the last three months!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Meh, still working like normal. I used to stop at the grocery store everyday and now I go once a week. Enjoying low gas prices. Covid Has made it harder to spend money so I have been buying some new toys. Got a new compound bow and a couple new guns. Been turkey hunting a lot. There seems to be more folks out hunting than normal. Getting the garden ready. Had a big fire last night and drank a lot of beer. Businesses are reopening here so I am excited to belly up to the bar at my favorite watering hole again.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

259C72A0-E699-488E-A546-42BE21344A6B.jpeg
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahaha, that's no joke Darby! We've had 6 since this all began. Dramatic changes since the 1st too.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm ready for a haircut!! :D
I like to have mine cut every 3 weeks.....this sux :(
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Same here. :(

Just have to wait. :(
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:40 pm
MacLaren wrote:

Lol, I've already had to do some trimming on my own......didnt turn out very well, lol..
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:53 pm
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Lol, I've already had to do some trimming on my own......didnt turn out very well, lol..

If it goes on much longer I am just going to break out the trimmer and give myself a buzz. :D :eek:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:04 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

If it goes on much longer I am just going to break out the trimmer and give myself a buzz. :D :eek:
Dude! I've thought the exact same thing!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Ankerson wrote:

Great minds think alike. :D

Don't have as much hair as I used to anyway so it's no real loss. :D

And it's all grey. :eek:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Great minds think alike. :D

Don't have as much hair as I used to anyway so it's no real loss. :D

And it's all grey. :eek:
Hehehe......yeah, same here. :D
James Y

Post by James Y »

I like keeping my hair short, and luckily the last haircut I got in late February or so was super-short. So my hair is still clean-cut, but it does grow fast. Who knows when’s the next time I’ll be able to gat another haircut safely again. In younger years, I had a big mane of hair (‘70s and ‘80s), and at one point in the ‘90s I grew my hair long (reaching below my shoulder blades). And my hair still grows thickly. But I much prefer buzz cuts as I get older.

Jim
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm a fitted hat guy most of the time (always a curved brim) I have a full head of hair, though a bit salt and pepper and only turning 37 next Wednesday.

I'm not a big fashion guy, so I've never cared much about my hair either. For a good 15 years I cut it myself. a 4 on top, 2.5 on the sides and back. Whatever I'm feeling at the time for sideburns/beard? My wife is amazed at how even and straight I can do it on my own (I'm ambidextrous, though right hand dominant)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearfacedkiller

I have been cutting my own hair for many years as well. Gave it a number 3 about a week ago and gave my son a number 2. It is tick season here so I gotta keep it short. Already pulled four of those evil things off me this month. Probably about due for my annual blood test and month of antibiotics. :( :mad:

So how has Coronavirus affected me? Well, I am still WAY more freaked out about tick born illnesses than Coronavirus. There was a vaccine for Lyme years ago but it got pulled from the market for some complicated reasons. I wish we were as focused on finding a vaccine or cure for Lyme as we are for Covid.
-Darby
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Still hasn't really affected me. I figured I would have been furloughed, but I've been making more money than ever. My savings account is coming back, putting some money in my kiddos savings, getting stuff for the house (built the kid a swingset, new laptop for me to do things on the road, some knick knacks my wife wanted...).

If anything, I'm super lucky and this pandemic has been super profitable for me. Just glad I don't deal with normal population. Hate I'm away from home but I'm making money and saving money and my bills are paid and family is taken care of.

Wife does go shopping every so often, we have supplies. It's all good! Hope everyone else is doing well, and hope this gets over with sooner rather than later!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:17 pm
I'm a fitted hat guy most of the time (always a curved brim) I have a full head of hair, though a bit salt and pepper and only turning 37 next Wednesday.

I'm not a big fashion guy, so I've never cared much about my hair either. For a good 15 years I cut it myself. a 4 on top, 2.5 on the sides and back. Whatever I'm feeling at the time for sideburns/beard? My wife is amazed at how even and straight I can do it on my own (I'm ambidextrous, though right hand dominant)
I hear ya Rick.
I like a fade on the sides. I just cant do that myself.