Has the Coronavirus affected your daily life?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bearrowland

Re: Has the Coronavirus affected your daily life?

Post by bearrowland »

😁
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:42 pm
Not to put a damper on all the additional boozing, but I had a random thought...do you guys think domestic violence will intensify with couples being cooped up and drinking more now than usual, stuck together 24/7?? I think this is going to be a true test for relationships and marriages... I hope the best in everyone shows face.
When you think that the divorce rates go up after every Xmas season, with just the stress of eating too much and over-expectation, I’d say it was a certainty.

One of my neighbours is a social worker. She anticipates sky-rocketing domestic abuse and mistreatment cases, even deaths.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I really hope she is wrong. People need to be nice and supportive to everyone in tough times, especially their loved ones.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

And yes, I have been called naive before, but I still hope.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

cabfrank wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:39 pm
And yes, I have been called naive before, but I still hope.

Hope is a good thing. :cool:

Nothing wrong with having hope at all.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

😉
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

cabfrank wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:38 pm
I really hope she is wrong. People need to be nice and supportive to everyone in tough times, especially their loved ones.

Yes, they are absolutely on the rise. At least in the city I work in.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

That's a shame, sorry to hear it.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Well, we collapsed the global economy and at least where I live we seem to think letting people out of jail to socially distance inmates is a good idea.

The opium epidemic is a big problem here and as a result we have a fair amount of breaking and entering and petty theft. An economic downturn certainly isn’t gonna help.

It is almost certain that crime rates will rise as will domestic violence.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:05 am
Well, we collapsed the global economy and at least where I live we seem to think letting people out of jail to socially distance inmates is a good idea.

The opium epidemic is a big problem here and as a result we have a fair amount of breaking and entering and petty theft. An economic downturn certainly isn’t gonna help.

It is almost certain that crime rates will rise as will domestic violence.
The releasing of prisoners is mind blowing! NY is doing that as well. I'm also a bit conflicted that Cuomo is going to allow people that are infected and in NYC hospitals to other hospitals in the state. I understand that they are overwhelmed down there, and I'd like for everyone to have a chance to get healthy and no more deaths. But, at the same time it seems very dangerous to have these people enter hospitals in areas with low infection rates and possibly spreading it to the hospital workers.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

My youngest, who is a HS senior, spent some time in the driveway with some chalk after hearing the return of school has been pushed back a little longer :(
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

We are pretty well caught up on our house work, so yesterday I decided to chop some up some kindling towards this coming fall/winter.

Resized_20200405_183010.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

PineyBoy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm
Ez556 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm
And I just WAY overpaid for a case of 9mm, but it’s only going up.
A case? How much is a case? Sounds like enough to light up the town. Just hope you stay where ever you are. Myself I lean more towards my M-14.
When referring to ammo quantity, a "case" generally refers to 1,000 rounds. I generally go though a case to a case and a half of 9mm every year, so the skyrocketing ammo prices really hurts. Not to mention rifle calibers which I shoot just as much and the price of which has gone up even more in most cases. My club has since shut down though, so I guess I won't be going through as much this year.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I have really been enjoying the extra time I get to spend with my wife through all this though, I can't understand those posting on social media lamenting that they are stuck with their significant other. Theres no one I'd rather be stuck with.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Ez556 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 am
I have really been enjoying the extra time I get to spend with my wife through all this though, I can't understand those posting on social media lamenting that they are stuck with their significant other. Theres no one I'd rather be stuck with.
LOTS of people don’t appreciate what they have. They should stop whining and be grateful they even have a significant other (unless they married badly in the first place, in which case it wouldn’t matter if they’re stuck at home or not). Not all of us have found our compatible significant other in life (yet).

Jim
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Ez556 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:00 am
PineyBoy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm
Ez556 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm
And I just WAY overpaid for a case of 9mm, but it’s only going up.
A case? How much is a case? Sounds like enough to light up the town. Just hope you stay where ever you are. Myself I lean more towards my M-14.
When referring to ammo quantity, a "case" generally refers to 1,000 rounds. I generally go though a case to a case and a half of 9mm every year, so the skyrocketing ammo prices really hurts. Not to mention rifle calibers which I shoot just as much and the price of which has gone up even more in most cases. My club has since shut down though, so I guess I won't be going through as much this year.
I know competition shooters who go through a case in a weekend of training.

It's like anything else. The guys who are super serious do a ton more training than the casual participants. When I was a serious climber we used to go through rope every couple months, and now that I'm a parent setting up top ropes for kids, the same rope can last for years.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

1) I always chuckle a little when the news calls 1,000 rounds a stockpile. Ha, that’s a couple fun weekends. If you are talking about shooting an AR15 or a full size double stack pistol it doesn’t take long at all. My 10/22 with some high capacity mags eats bricks of 500 no problem.

Non gun people get nervous when gun people have tons of ammo. Wouldn’t you rather have gun owners practice and get proficient instead of buying a gun and a box of bullets and sticking them in their closet until they need it? I have known a few people who bought guns for home protection and who have barely shot them. That makes me nervous.

2) My wife is my best friend. She’s the best. Been together 20 years. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

To combine your points (sort of), my wife has a PS90 (it used to be mine, until she shot it and decided she liked it) and can easily go through 500 rounds in an afternoon. 50 round magazines and 50 cent rounds on a firearm with basically zero recoil and super fast follow up means that you can chew through a good bit of your ammo budget really, really fast.

Around here, we're lucky enough to have open land available for shooting, even during the COVID-19 lockdown. Since you are just driving out with your family and setting up in the middle of the desert, it's a great outdoor "social distancing" activity.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Every cloud has a sliver lining. ;) As one of my neighbors pointed out to me a few minutes ago while I was walking Romeo, there hasn't been a single security system or solar panel salesman, JW, or LDS recruiter ringing doorbells in our neighborhood this past month. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

If you want people to leave you alone, all you have to do these days is cough loudly and start sniffling. Works great.