Everyone who wants a fixed hawkbill..

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Everyone who wants a fixed hawkbill..

Post by Evil D »

Paging JD...

Just saw this one pop up. Not sure if it's a new model or old news, I've never seen one. Looks pretty good. Granted there's not a lot of hook to the blade it's still a hawkbill which seems to be a lot to ask for these days.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Al-Mar-Ba ... xed--24060
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
justjohn

Re: Everyone who wants a fixed hawkbill..

Post by justjohn »

Not me. My reply was a toss up between my opener and "Everyone who wants a fixed hawkbill.."cause who wants a broke one! Sorry, lost my head. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Love how they add the choil 😂😂😂 need a choil for that detailed work when you are slashing an enemy to death 😂
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Why no teeth? :confused:

:D
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Tims

Post by Tims »

Pancake wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:54 am
Love how they add the choil 😂😂😂 need a choil for that detailed work when you are slashing an enemy to death 😂
Of all the blade shapes, I reckon an index finger choil makes the most sense on a hawkbill made for pull cuts. It stops that feeling of your hand slipping toward the back of the handle.

I don’t mind the pattern but 180 USD for aus-8 :eek:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've been screaming for a fixed blade Hawkbill for the past 10 to 12 years. But for some unbeknownst reason the idea hasn't gathered much steam as of yet :confused:

But in the past two to three years we are hearing of so many of the guys on the forums who have discovered how useful that Hawkbill blades are in gardening, landscaping and horticultural uses.

As big of a fan as I'm am with practical, useful fixed blades I feel like a fixed blade Hawkbill is way over due IMO.

And Spyderco could really come up with a premium model I'm sure.
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:08 am
I've been screaming for a fixed blade Hawkbill for the past 10 to 12 years. But for some unbeknownst reason the idea hasn't gathered much steam as of yet :confused:

But in the past two to three years we are hearing of so many of the guys on the forums who have discovered how useful that Hawkbill blades are in gardening, landscaping and horticultural uses.

As big of a fan as I'm am with practical, useful fixed blades I feel like a fixed blade Hawkbill is way over due IMO.

And Spyderco could really come up with a premium model I'm sure.
G Sakai makes one in serrated H1, so kinda Spyderco ish lol
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Eh, this one's handle is poorly designed. The choil is unnecessary(in that location).

Pass!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson