The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by MacLaren »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 pm
I just got 200 rounds
Lol, yup! That's about right! :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 pm
I just got 200 rounds

That’s clearly fake lol. Bloke, I hope you don’t think 200 rounds in one range session is a lot. That’s a quick day at the range. :D
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 pm
That’s clearly fake lol. Bloke, I hope you don’t think 200 rounds in one range session is a lot. That’s a quick day at the range. :D
Apologies Cobra, I got distracted and forgot ... :o

Fake for sure but funny. The same fella makes quite a few stupid gifs.

I don’t own a hand gun but I imagine and seeing the pistol shooters at our local range and shunsui‘s clip it wouldn’t take to long to go through 200 rounds. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Armalite M15 3GN 18"
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Ordered some Williams fire sights for my Single Six and a Meprolight night sight for my SP101. I do a lot of plinking and squirrel hunting with the Single Six so hopefully this will help. The SP101 is my camping gun and I need it to work a little better in the dark.

I almost bought a S&W317 Kit Gun but held off. One of these days it will be mine though. For now I’ll just upgrade a few of my current pieces.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Got my hands on an IWI Tavor TAR-21 recently, and the one before that was a Marlin 1895G in 45-70. Two completely different beasts for two completely different tasks.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

FullScaler wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 pm
Got my hands on an IWI Tavor TAR-21 recently, and the one before that was a Marlin 1895G in 45-70.
Seems you have each end of the spectrum covered. Fun stuff!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Not sure if it counts, because I got this S&W 360 on a trade, rather than a purchase, but it's the latest addition to my J-frame family...

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Nice Paul, I have been eyeballing that exact gun lately.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

For decades military collectors have yearned for the Civilian Marksmanship Program https://thecmp.org/ to make available surplus 1911 service pistols. This finally came to pass in 2018 while congress had a pro second amendment majority. Up to 10,000 pistols per year could be released by the Department of the Army to the CMP.

Critics accused the CMP of exorbitant pricing. First of all, the CMP provides marksmanship programs financed by the sale of surplus military firearms. If they did not sell at market price, those pistols would end up being resold at gun shows for a profit. Others pointed out that much finer, higher capacity and more accurate modern pistols could be purchased for less. They missed the point.

My two grandfathers served in WWI. My step-grandfather served in WWII. My wife's father and mother served in the Pacific in WWII. Two of her uncles also served in WWII in Europe. One did not return. Her brother served a tour in Vietnam. My father served two tours in Vietnam and I served during the Vietnam Era. Every single one served in the Army. During all that time and up until 1986, the M1911A1 was the service sidearm of the United States Army. That weapon is a durable heirloom and a tribute to the service and sacrifices of patriots. That is why I wanted one.

8,000 pistols were authorized for release by congress for 2018. The CMP set up a random drawing. My packet was submitted promptly at the earliest date allowed September 2018. CMP closed the drawing after 10,000 applications were received. 19,000 applications were submitted in total. Fortunately, my number came up 5410 assuring me of a pistol. To my surprise, there were still service grade pistols, the highest grade, available. It was shipped to my FFL May of 2019. Well worth the wait, in my opinion.

This pistol is not a collectible. It was manufactured in 1944 by Remington Rand which you may be surprised to learn was the largest supplier. Production of 1911 service pistols ceased in 1945. The parkerizing has almost obliterated the roll marking but the stamped serial number is a little more crisp. Probably, I will never shoot it. I own other 1911s and .45s for that purpose.

Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:25 pm
Fortunately, my number came up 5410 assuring me of a pistol. To my surprise, there were still service grade pistols, the highest grade, available. It was shipped to my FFL May of 2019. Well worth the wait, in my opinion.

C'mon, Mac. Don't be a tease. Show us the pictures. We can't see those links.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm
Try this https://photos.app.goo.gl/k5gfykPH94iKzngB9
and this https://photos.app.goo.gl/pcDn4Pb8TvpCZ2p89

I hate Google Photos. It was great when it was Picasa, but then Google bought it and ruined it.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Thanks!
1911's are fun.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Beautiful 1911! Congrats. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Thank you. In case anyone else is wondering about buying a surplus 1911, the anti-gun majority in the house of representatives did not authorize the Department of the Army to release any service pistols to the CMP for 2019 or 2020 in spite of the previous legislation that was passed permitting up to 10,000 pistols per year. Don't forget to vote.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Deacon wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:57 am
Not sure if it counts, because I got this S&W 360 on a trade, rather than a purchase, but it's the latest addition to my J-frame family...

Heck yeah it counts!
Very classy and nice Paul - not to mention shes light :D and, the unfluted cylinder is a nice touch..
Congratz man.
Last edited by MacLaren on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:04 pm
RustyIron wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm
Try this https://photos.app.goo.gl/k5gfykPH94iKzngB9
and this https://photos.app.goo.gl/pcDn4Pb8TvpCZ2p89

I hate Google Photos. It was great when it was Picasa, but then Google bought it and ruined it.
Nice score Mac :cool:
benben

Post by benben »

Bought a HK P2000sk V2 9mm this past Saturday, didn't need it but just couldn't pass up this deal / opportunity! I'll try to get some pics posted up soon.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

How is the trigger on that P2000?
benben

Post by benben »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:44 am
How is the trigger on that P2000?
Haven't shot it yet, it's a V2 variant which is the standard LEM trigger, my P30sk is the V1 light LEM. It's definitely a little firmer than the V1 light LEM! I love having a hammer I can thumb while re-holstering, and the firmer trigger pull of the of this V2 should make for a very safe carry pistol while not actually having a safety.

In my mind there's 3 different HK pistols on my "to purchase" list, this P2000sk is one of them. Didn't really need this pistol or to spend any money right now. Now mind you, I didn't steal this pistol, but it's pretty close, just couldn't turn down this deal. Look at some of the prices of these on some of the big online auctions, I'm in at anywhere from $300 to $400 below what they're asking for these, couldn't say no! I'll get a pic of it up tonight.