The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
troutinCO

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by troutinCO »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:51 pm
ImageImagePaul , Son-in-law was training on his job in fiber optics and found these grapeshot at site of battle . The canister was also there in pieces . Must have been abandoned during battle . Thought you like to see this bit of history given to me today . Dan
Super cool!
Kenneth1977

Post by Kenneth1977 »

The sig and the high country in 7mm08

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:51 pm
ImageImagePaul , Son-in-law was training on his job in fiber optics and found these grapeshot at site of battle . The canister was also there in pieces . Must have been abandoned during battle . Thought you like to see this bit of history given to me today . Dan
Neat! Thanks, Dan!
Oh man, just the thought of Canister make me cringe! Can you imagine how terrible it was for the South at Gettysburg, in The Devils Den, The Peach Orchard, and Little Round Top? No wonder Longstreet took so long issuing the order.......
Of course, that whole situation was a recipe for disaster....the North not only had the high ground, but Lee was also blind, as J.E.B. Stuart & his Calvary were absent.
But, walking right into that Cannister- that's just terrible
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Kenneth1977 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 pm
The sig and the high country in 7mm08

Very freakin nice, Kenneth!
Those Savages shoot lights out!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:58 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:36 pm
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:51 pm
CZ P07

9mm, 15 round magazine, glow sights

Haven’t had a chance to lubricate and shoot it yet. I’m very much looking forward to it!
Nice! & Congratulations! Those CZ's are shooters.
Please post up a pic when ya can
Thanks! It’s not a great picture but here you go. Really looking forward to shooting this pistol.
Thanks! & let 'er rip! 😃
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

One last pic, this pic does a decent job of showing the color of the stocks
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:53 pm
One last pic, this pic does a decent job of showing the color of the stocks
It sure does ! SW nailed that example , very rich color. Paul those are probably the nicest set I have seen from the factory. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thank you, Dan!
It was so hard to get a good pic with my camera phone- which btw, usually does an excellent job with pics. I actually took this pic at dusk last night.
Dan, I gotta agree, these are some of the nicest stocks I've ever seen on one. I don't think that they're bookmatched, but they're nice.
Lol, up until a couple days ago, I didn't even know what bookmatched meant.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 am
Thank you, Dan!
It was so hard to get a good pic with my camera phone- which btw, usually does an excellent job with pics. I actually took this pic at dusk last night.
Dan, I gotta agree, these are some of the nicest stocks I've ever seen on one. I don't think that they're bookmatched, but they're nice.
Lol, up until a couple days ago, I didn't even know what bookmatched meant.
That is hilarious! Years ago when the Remington 870 Special Field came out , I wanted one bad . A friends Dad got one before me and the Walnut was straight grade plain Jane as would be expected for a field shotgun. I checked it out and ordered one . When. I’ve came in the Walnut was loaded with figure very high grade piece of wood , beautiful. Only thing we could figure was the area for where a pistol grip for a standard model must of had a knot and was cut to fit the English stock on the Special Field . I later ordered a Hastings slug barrel for Deer . I eventually replaced it for Deer with a Beretta and then later with a Benelli Nova , it was just too pretty to worry about scratching the wood .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, I hear ya!
I think that's why you see older as new in box condition pieces pop up from time to time.
Most consider them too nice to use in fear of scratching them up. Especially what your talking about Dan.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Cocobolo Rosewood grips. Gorgeous.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

54 yrs old & 45 yrs old
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

COCOBOLO!!! COCOBOlO!!!

I just like saying it. Typing it wasn't as fun but now you all can say it as you read it

Say it with me...

COCOBOLO!

;)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, the 6" is actually Goncalo Alves
Last edited by MacLaren on Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I stand corrected.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:13 pm
I stand corrected.
Oh heck, if I had just looked at them thru a pic, like you did, I would've thought the same thing.
Those Goncalo Alves are pretty neat though. They all look pretty dang good.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Had an itch and in a moment of weakness picked up a Sig M18. Have had many questions as to why I went with the 18 and not 17. Well, I have an Arex Delta L (4.5" barrel) so I have that covered, and my Beretta APX A1 is 4.25. Only fitting I have a 4", plus I think the 18 looks more balanced!

Took her to the range yesterday and only got about 100 rounds down the pipe (Palmetto aac 9mm was NOT cooperating, lots of duds and even a blown primer, Norma 9mm ran fine in both the sig and arex so, going to say it's the ammo).

Gotta say, I'm a fan. Accurate, easy to shoot. Have a holster coming and just ordered 2 more 21 round mags. Lol
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nice score soc_monki!
Are ya gonna do any trigger work or do ya like how she is outta the box?
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Picked up my 3rd glock, a g22 gen 5 with Ameriglo n/s. While I was waiting for background check, a SIG p938 legion ended up coming home too!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 am
Nice score soc_monki!
Are ya gonna do any trigger work or do ya like how she is outta the box?
It's not bad out of the box at all. Going to put some more rounds down range, let it loosen up a little, and see how it goes. May do the apex trigger bar at some point, it looked interesting. As it is though, there's not a lot of take up, break is pretty good, and reset is short. It's accurate as well, and the trigger is about 6 lbs (what it feels like) so not too heavy.

We shall see!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela