The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
XlntShot

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by XlntShot »

Mossberg 590A1 8+1 w/ Magpul furniture, a weapon light, and an Ontario Co. M7 bayonet (not pictured).
Dead accurate with slugs and scary with 00 buck Federal w/FliteControl rounds. One of my favorite shotguns.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Nice 590. :)

I have a very similar one, although mine has the Mossberg stock and a Surefire fore-end/light combo.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yes, Congratulations on that new Shotgun!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm really interested to see if this new 6mm ARC cartridge takes off. I love the 6.5G and this is supposed to be an incremental improvement of that.
benben

Post by benben »

XlntShot wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:53 am
Mossberg 590A1 8+1 w/ Magpul furniture, a weapon light, and an Ontario Co. M7 bayonet (not pictured).
Dead accurate with slugs and scary with 00 buck Federal w/FliteControl rounds. One of my favorite shotguns.

Great looking updated version of my old 590 with the heat shield, these shotguns are tanks!
benben

Post by benben »

There's a customer of mine who's a local police officer in the small township right behind my workplace. He's a serious shotgun guy, reason being he was in Fallujah. He said most "bad guys" there of fighting age, not all, but most were terrified of the Marine carrying a shotgun! He said most of them wouldn't even give a second look to the guy with a AR, but the one with a shotgun got tons of respect and didn't get messed with!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:28 am
There's a customer of mine who's a local police officer in the small township right behind my workplace. He's a serious shotgun guy, reason being he was in Fallujah. He said most "bad guys" there of fighting age, not all, but most were terrified of the Marine carrying a shotgun! He said most of them wouldn't even give a second look to the guy with a AR, but the one with a shotgun got tons of respect and didn't get messed with!
Lol, you dam right a shotgun will give anyone the willies!!!
At close range, there is no better....
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

It wasn't the last gun I bought, but I've been spending time with my suppressed AR-9 lately. I love that it takes Glock mags, so it's interchangeable with the pair of police trade Glock 17s I picked up a while ago, and it's light and handy (and un-loud) enough that my kids can have a good time with it.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

No new guns, no new pictures. But this afternoon I had a young lady come over with several of her deceased mother-in-law's duty weapons. She wants to learn to shoot, and approached me a couple weeks ago. I've decided that it's my obligation to the youngsters and those who are truly motivated, to share what I know. It's a nice thing to do and will make the world just a little bit safer.

We went over what I expect in regards to safety and handling, then went over the operation of the individual guns. Once she was down with that, we went over form, and then dry fired at things in my living room. She's good-to-go on all counts, so we'll head to the range next week.
AH2525

Post by AH2525 »

Smith & Wesson 342ti (no lock).
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Tikka T1X...I really didn't need another 22 bolt-action rifle but this one is very suitable to the PRS/NRL22 matches that I want to start shooting. It's a nice little rifle for the $
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Yet another S&W J-frame, a Model 60 LS Lady Smith. Didn't like the feel of the smooth grips that came on it and, as usual, Altamont has a 5-8 week backlog, so replaced them for now with the factory grips from my Performance Center 637 which at least offer a bit more traction, while I wait for a set of Bateleur grips for it.

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Something I never really thought I would buy because I thought they were silly - A Sig Legion
But then Sig came out with the P229 SAO
I was able to snag a lnib from a friend on a forum that I'm on. And, I am blown away by this Legion. ( no gun pun intended) Whats so impressive to me are the ergos. This P229 SAO Legion fits my hand better than any.other Sig or any pistol I've ever had. That includes X5 and Sport models. The trigger needs a little work as she does have creep, but those fantastic ergos are worth the price of admission imo. It fits my hand even better than my Glock 17. Ill get some pics up shortly.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Nice Sig, MacLaren.
My P229 is an old school SA/DA railless in .357 Sig. I like the look of the new ones better, but still prefer the DA/SA. The interesting thing is how easy it is to shoot fast and make small groups.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

I like oddball stuff...1941 Johnson rifles, 1896 Broomhandles, odd calibers...just odd stuff.

Yesterday I bought a Handi-Rifle in 9.3x62 (European medium/large game caliber... .366 bore diameter....275gr JSP bullet at 2350fps) and it joins the ones in 38-55, 45-70 and 9.3x57. It's brethren have all taken game so this fall it will go to the woods to be blooded also. The last few years I've found hunting with a single-shot makes me concentrate on the job at hand more completely.

And I just ordered a medium contour 6.5 Grendel barrel for my Savage varmint rifle. Love the cartridge in my AR and want to wring it out a bit further via a fixed breech rifle. That's part of the beauty of the Savage rifles, easily swapping barrels and bolt faces vastly increases flexibility of use.

Looking for a shooter grade 10ga SxS...either Spanish or Turkish. Plan on bobbing the barrels to 22in , adding screw-in choke tubes and express sights. I've got a case of 10ga slugs and need something to shoot them up with.....LOL
benben

Post by benben »

Deacon and MacLaren both, very nice!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:33 am
Nice Sig, MacLaren.
My P229 is an old school SA/DA railless in .357 Sig. I like the look of the new ones better, but still prefer the DA/SA. The interesting thing is how easy it is to shoot fast and make small groups.
Hang on to it :cool:
I'm hangin on to mine too :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:33 am
Nice Sig, MacLaren.
seriously though, if you decide to add another 9mm then consider a legion
The Legion has remarkable ergos
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:55 am
Deacon and MacLaren both, very nice!!
Thank you, benben