The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by MacLaren »

I dream of going to SHOT every year
I really hope to attend it at least once.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:55 am
They would probably have to drag me out of there ! I would constantly be having a Dora moment !
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:12 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:55 am
They would probably have to drag me out of there ! I would constantly be having a Dora moment !
No joke bro 😆
sok

Post by sok »

S&W 15-22. I haven’t had a .22 rifle in a while. When I got the itch I was planning on getting myself another Ruger 10-22. But I did a little research and got the one pictured.

I drove out into the sticks far enough that I felt comfortable unloading a few rounds into a creek bank just to see if it worked.

I will probably set it up with a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot like my AR-15. I need to see if I will need an additional riser or not to set it up co-witness configuration.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Those are a lot of fun. My brother in law has a 2 of them. Congratulations
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

This isn't the last gun I bought. I've had this HK for quite a few years. Recently it occurred to me that I didn't have an OWB holster for it, and that I would really like to carry it OWB. I like top-shelf leather, and although I've long admired his work, have never owned anything from Ryan Grizzle. I called him up, we chatted for a while, and three weeks later this was sitting in my mailbox.

As you can imagine, it fits, feels, and carries nicely. This is my first holster with a "matte" finish. I like it, as it looks more gentlemanly than a shiny "pimp holster." I'm being a bit hyperbolic, of course. I still like my "shiny pimp holsters." But this holster looks great and allows me to carry one of my favorite pistols in a matter I like.

IMG_4007.jpeg
benben

Post by benben »

RustyIron wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:54 am

This isn't the last gun I bought. I've had this HK for quite a few years. Recently it occurred to me that I didn't have an OWB holster for it, and that I would really like to carry it OWB. I like top-shelf leather, and although I've long admired his work, have never owned anything from Ryan Grizzle. I called him up, we chatted for a while, and three weeks later this was sitting in my mailbox.

As you can imagine, it fits, feels, and carries nicely. This is my first holster with a "matte" finish. I like it, as it looks more gentlemanly than a shiny "pimp holster." I'm being a bit hyperbolic, of course. I still like my "shiny pimp holsters." But this holster looks great and allows me to carry one of my favorite pistols in a matter I like.

IMG_4007.jpeg
Fantastic setup all the way! I love my P2000sk, in fact I'm carrying it today! What magazine, or mag baseplate is that? My next pistol will be a 9mm P2000 V2.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hear ya on the nice owb leather holster.
If ya get a chance check out Pure Kustom
It's a leather holster with the strength of kydex.
I love it. Fits supremely well too.
I got it for a 2011 Bul 45 auto.
A 10 pound weight won't effect it. Very nice and like you say looks good too.
Still, I would also like a nice traditional made leather holster. I'll check your maker out.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

benben wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am

What magazine, or mag baseplate is that? My next pistol will be a 9mm P2000 V2.

Good eye. It's a standard, ten round magazine. However, I DESPISE the baseplate as it comes from the factory. Years ago, on the first day I got the pistol home, I took the magazines to the bench grinder and cut off that hideous appendage. I think the magazine looks better now, its curve matches that of the gun, and most important, my little finger fits half-way onto it.

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:02 am

Still, I would also like a nice traditional made leather holster. I'll check your maker out.

Definitely look into Grizzle. The maker who I like maybe just a bit more is Milt Sparks. Both do things just a little differently than the other, so it's hard to make a decision. Keep in mind that you need to order early. Wait time at Sparks is currently six months. Grizzle is a little less.

benben

Post by benben »

Well since we’re sharing new leather! ;) My wife handed me this on Christmas morning. First off you can find a holster of any type for practically every HK pistol made…..except a P30sk!

I wanted a leather thumb break retention holster for hiking, biking, camping, and any other activity that involves me moving around a lot. There’s just not one out there, or at least one that I like! I’ve been using a Bianchi Black Widow slide holster for my carry Glocks, the muzzle comes through the bottom and it’ll accommodate all sizes in the same caliber group….26/27, 19/23, and 17/22. If they made a Black Widow for my P30sk I would have already bought one. Been using them for Glocks for 10 years.

So one late night doing some PBR internet browsing I ran across a Galco Silhouette High Ride holster, it’s listed for a P30…only! The next day I called Galco’s CS and was connected to this not so friendly rep, he began to emphatically tell me no way that holster would work for a P30sk!! So a couple of weeks go by and I’m thinking with it’s open muzzle how can it not work? I called their CS again, got ahold of another not so friendly rep, was told again not no but **** no, it will not work! Okay…I bet it will!

Took a chance, ordered it for me to give to my wife, for me for Christmas. On Christmas morning opened it up, beautiful holster, excellent craftsmanship, just a super nice holster! Moment of truth, it fits like a perfect glove! And the bonus is, it fits all 3 sizes of my P30’s and my P2000sk, so four in one, Merry Christmas to me! If fits them all very snug, they won’t come out even if the thumb isn’t snapped!
82FA5EAB-1BDC-4427-8200-8FDBF5935798.jpeg
2B201F13-AF12-4B22-A7A7-7DE022B6CFC2.jpeg
7A9470DF-86D5-4E82-A0EA-A9EA73946172.jpeg
479D3F72-D649-4F99-8415-A9E98B2A45F7.jpeg
44B1B4D1-925F-4C21-81CB-777E96BA5F87.jpeg
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, that's awesome man.
That open muzzle was the 🔑 bro!!
Congratulations
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

benben wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 pm

If fits them all very snug, they won’t come out even if the thumb isn’t snapped!
Very nice! Bonus that you get to carry three guns with one holster. How do you like the high-ride? I've never had one.

Funny about your CS experience. On a whim, I bought a Stealthgear for a USP. It was ok, but not my cuppa tea. I got an HK45, which is really similar, but it didn't fit the Stealthgear. I wanted just the kydex shell, but the CS person couldn't help. I ended up taking the heat gun to it, and in about one minute, the holster fit the HK45. And even though it wasn't the goal, it fit the USP perfectly, as well. I still don't like the setup, but at least I feel good about it now.
benben

Post by benben »

RustyIron wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:45 pm
benben wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 pm

If fits them all very snug, they won’t come out even if the thumb isn’t snapped!
Very nice! Bonus that you get to carry three guns with one holster. How do you like the high-ride? I've never had one.

Funny about your CS experience. On a whim, I bought a Stealthgear for a USP. It was ok, but not my cuppa tea. I got an HK45, which is really similar, but it didn't fit the Stealthgear. I wanted just the kydex shell, but the CS person couldn't help. I ended up taking the heat gun to it, and in about one minute, the holster fit the HK45. And even though it wasn't the goal, it fit the USP perfectly, as well. I still don't like the setup, but at least I feel good about it now.
I do like it! I was a little worried it would be too high, but it's perfect for my height and body type. Now granted this isn't any type of speed draw holster but it's easy to purposely unsnap through your clothing. I like it, it's the one I was looking for!

It was super stiff right out of the box, it'll definitely take some breaking it. I take my wife and kids to the movies on Christmas day every year, it's just something we've always done, I wore this holster with my P30sk to the movies, super comfortable and stays very tight to my body!

This is my second Galco, probably 25 years ago I bought a Galco SOB (small of the back) holster for a Glock 26/27 from my LGS out of a bargain bin for $10.00 just to have, never used it once, still have it. The thing is...the quality on that SOB is outstanding! I always said if I ever find another Galco that I'll actually use, I'm buying it!

BTW, I have been using a Vedder LightDraw OWB for my P2000sk and my P30sk. It's an okay holster.
benben

Post by benben »

Rusty, been thinking about ordering and trying a Solum Tool plus 0 mag extension for my P2000sk, I'd heard way too many excellent things about them, wanting to give one a try!
benben

Post by benben »

56E8FA51-F3E9-4493-BBE5-98906E3F4443.jpeg
4003B401-81CB-4952-BE33-40E05597F858.jpeg
22160742-9796-41B9-92F0-5F186A9B75F6.jpeg
Not mine, my boss bought it last Saturday at a gun show. He asked me if I’d get it lubed up and ready for the range. I’ve had it apart already, it’s a super well built pistol. Hey, it’s a HK!
benben

Post by benben »

8888AB17-9235-44C3-897D-E8C505DDD791.jpeg
Rusty, found a good pic of a Solum Tool +0 extension for a P2000sk.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

That's certainly better than the factory.

Somewhere I have a +1 extension. I ran it for a while, but never really fell in love with it, so I put my modified baseplate back. During that time, I also installed +10% springs in all my magazines, to compensate for the extra length.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That Bren 2 is takin forever to get here. Left Washington State yesterday and will be here next Thursday. If it does take that long, then that's by far the longest I've ever saw a gun take to arrive. There usually a couple days tops in my experience.
benben

Post by benben »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:25 am
That's certainly better than the factory.

Somewhere I have a +1 extension. I ran it for a while, but never really fell in love with it, so I put my modified baseplate back. During that time, I also installed +10% springs in all my magazines, to compensate for the extra length.
That's not my pistol, when I get home later I'll post some pics of what I've been using in my P2000sk. Both are from a P30sk, one is still a factory 10 round magazine with the pinky extension, the other is the factory 13 rounder, both fit the P2000sk and are very comfortable....and they function 100%! I think I'm still going to order this Solum Tool extension, I've been carrying a Glock 26 since 2005, daily, but I'm pretty committed to carrying this P2000sk right now!
benben

Post by benben »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:44 am
That Bren 2 is takin forever to get here. Left Washington State yesterday and will be here next Thursday. If it does take that long, then that's by far the longest I've ever saw a gun take to arrive. There usually a couple days tops in my experience.
You should be in the automotive collision business right now.....getting body parts is ridiculous right now, bordering on comical! It's killing us! Good luck, hope it shows up soon.
Last edited by benben on Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.