The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by murphjd25 »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:30 am
murphjd25 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:41 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:56 pm
Btw, I really like the Talon Grips too.
This time I went with the rubberized, but I think I'll go back to granular.
Talon grips are great, I need to order a new set to replace my worn ones on my Shield, thanks for reminding me!
Your welcome Josh!
Think I'm gonna look into a Sheild myself.
Everyone I know really likes them
I’ve heard the new 2.0s are pretty nice. I’ve got the first Gen in 40, with a complete apex trigger kit and night sights. The apex trigger took it from nice to SWEEET! Definitely my favorite carry.
Josh
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

vivi wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:40 pm
Went into a sporting goods store for a new basketball and walked out with a clearance Mossberg 88 for $150. Couldn't say no at that price :D

Solid performer for such a cheap gun. Now the question is which mods should I give it?
CF307335-884A-4261-8DF0-FB5BFCCFAB1C.jpeg
This is all I can think of when I see this photo vivi.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
KnotTheory

Post by KnotTheory »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:51 pm
Nice score!
I have a Gen 5 G17
I would suggest a 3.5 pound connector and polish.
Its does help imo.
Its very dam hard to beat a Glock for edc imo
They aren't called the Austrian Super Gun for nothing
They're tough as ****, shoot good, and very inexpensive!
Yeah I'm excited for this one, though it'll be a while before I've got it like I want it.

First step for me will be the sights, I want some suppressor height sights, debating between blacked out front and black, or if I want something with a small bit of color like a small fiber optic pipe on the front sight. I want them strictly as a backup naturally.

After that will be the optic and any mounting plate. I know the Trijicon is the gold standard, but I have the dreaded astigmatism and I'm wondering if the circle/dot reticle of a Holosun wouldn't help me a lot. I know it does on long arms, but I haven't tried it on a pistol. I've also heard from others with the dreaded astigmatism the green reticle can be more forgiving than the red, but one thing I've learned is my astigmatism is not someone else's and vice versa!

I really don't have much of a problem with red dots until you turn the brightness up higher, but for something that isn't recreational or home defense type of usage it'd be nice to get something where I could turn the dot all the way up to be able to see it in the sun.
⟨ x , y ∣ x 2 = y 3
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Had been looking at a 9mm PX4 Compact on GunBroker Saturday morning and was just abot ready to pull the trigger on it when Romeo began "gently" reminding me that it was 7:30 and time for his second walk. While out with him, I decided to take one last look on Armslist first when we got home to see if anything interesting was available locally. To my surprise, one had just been listed hours earlier. In today's gun market where most people are asking new gun prices for used guns, the asking price was very reasonable. Figured it would already have been snatched up, but called anyway. Thankfully, all the calls the owner had received before mine were low ball cash offers and lopsided trades. On the other hand, given what I'd been ready to pay for the one on GB, I figured his asking price was saving me a healthy chunk of dough and was more than happy to pay it. So, an little over an hour later, I had this in my hands:

Shot of it with the full size and sub-compact versions...

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Very nice Paul. I find the PX4 very attractive and I am sure they are good quality.

I have come close to buying the Compact version but I am not a big fan of safeties on handguns. A secure quality holster is all the safety I need.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
benben

Post by benben »

Someone is a PX4 fan! Glad you were able to grab another one Paul.
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

Last one that I bought was a Tikka T3X Lite in 308 and threw an SWFA 10x42 fixed magnification scope on it with the lowest rings I could find that would fit it. It's way more accurate than I probably ever will be lol.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

wirelessjunkie wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:34 pm
Last one that I bought was a Tikka T3X Lite in 308 and threw an SWFA 10x42 fixed magnification scope on it with the lowest rings I could find that would fit it. It's way more accurate than I probably ever will be lol.
My main hunting rifle is an older (2005ish?) Tikka T3 stainless/laminate in 270 Winchester with a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42. With the stock rings the front of the scope bell is less than 1/8 of an inch from the barrel. I have never seen a scope fit a rifle so perfect. It looks like it is touching in this pic but it definitely isn’t.

I have the trigger turned all the way down and it is about 2lbs of crisp glass rod breaking goodness. I have shot 10 shot groups that measured 1.25 inches with it quite a few times. I have done three shots into .5 inches with it.

They are amazing rifles! I have killed a few elk and deer with it. Got a nice 8 point this year with it. A Nosler Partition coming out of a 270 knocks them down like they were struck by lightning.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Very nice fellas.
As for a bolt gun, I use an FN Herstal 300WSM
I don't do any hunting though. Just target shoot and have fun with it. As for glass, I've got a Vortex Viper PST II 5-25x50 FFP EBR7C reticle.
Trigger on this beast is super nice. Breaks at I would say 2 pounds or less. I can't really remember what it was the last time I measured the break. May have been sub 2 pound break.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:31 am
Very nice Paul. I find the PX4 very attractive and I am sure they are good quality.

I have come close to buying the Compact version but I am not a big fan of safeties on handguns. A secure quality holster is all the safety I need.

Thanks, Darby. As an old wheel gun guy, I'm with you regarding mechanical safeties on handguns. I figure a 10 lb. DA trigger is all the safety I need. FWIW, just like the 92, the PX4 can be had as a decocker only G version, and the more common F version with decocker/safety combo. The F's can also be converted fairly easily to G's, using a factory conversion kit. Did that to my full size PX4, and plan on doing it to this Compact and to the Sub-Compact.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

bearfacedkiller wrote: My main hunting rifle is an older (2005ish?) Tikka T3 stainless/laminate in 270 Winchester with a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42. With the stock rings the front of the scope bell is less than 1/8 of an inch from the barrel. I have never seen a scope fit a rifle so perfect. It looks like it is touching in this pic but it definitely isn’t.

I have the trigger turned all the way down and it is about 2lbs of crisp glass rod breaking goodness. I have shot 10 shot groups that measured 1.25 inches with it quite a few times. I have done three shots into .5 inches with it.

They are amazing rifles! I have killed a few elk and deer with it. Got a nice 8 point this year with it. A Nosler Partition coming out of a 270 knocks them down like they were struck by lightning.

Wow, That's a beautiful rifle! I went plane-jane black synthetic with mine so I wouldnt care about it getting dinged up. Havent been hunting in a while, but hoping to change that in the future. It's mainly used for rec shooting right now. Went 308 so I could share ammo with my M1A, and it's usually inexpensive when people aren't panic buying it all up (so glad I stockpiled over a year ago lol). Thanks for sharing.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Guess... :confused:

What is truth? Pontius Pilate
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

paladin wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm
Guess... :confused:

A CZ of some sort.
A 75 maybe?
paladin

Post by paladin »

Correctomundo!

What is truth? Pontius Pilate
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

paladin wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:10 pm
Correctomundo!

Awesome! Love me some CZ!!
I have a Bren
P.S. beautiful grips!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Love this Sig P229 S in .357 Sig
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:15 pm
paladin wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:10 pm
Correctomundo!

Awesome! Love me some CZ!!
I have a Bren
P.S. beautiful grips!
Btw, did you polish that CZ yourself?
Oops, I hit the wrong button.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

So, I just bought an AR15. A Great Lakes .223 Wylde.
From what I understand, these are absolutely excellent quality for the money. Out of 30 reviews from the guide, 29 were 5 stars and 1 4 star. Most everyone states how suprised they were with the quality and at just how accurate they are. A lot also said that Great Lakes, based in Michigan is a great company with great people. I'm really hoping it will be here sometime next week. I'll keep this post updated.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Stoeger STR-9. My first handgun! I've shot plenty, but finally decided to own one.

Now to think about a nice ar-15...
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

soc_monki wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 am

Stoeger STR-9. My first handgun! I've shot plenty, but finally decided to own one.

Now to think about a nice ar-15...
CONGRATULATIONS on your first pistol!!