The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
soc_monki

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by soc_monki »

Picked up my Beretta Apx A1 full size yesterday. Going to shoot it today. Excited!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:13 am

Picked up my Beretta Apx A1 full size yesterday. Going to shoot it today. Excited!
Nice looking Beretta . Let’s us know your thoughts after range time . Have fun . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:13 am

Nice score, Soc!!
I'm on that Beretta train too 😃
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, I couldn't help myself. I've never owned an AR10 before. The Sportsmansguide had in 2 Armalite AR10's
Both are their 3 Gun series AR10. I went with the 13.5" version. But, the Brake is pin & welded so, it's really a 16" barrel. This one has a Timney Trigger and Raptor Charging Handle. I really feel like it will be a super nice semi auto 7.62x51
Got a buddy on Sniper's Hide who loved his. Regularly tool it out to 600 yards and even a 1,000
One of the best things about it though, imo, is that I won't really have to do anything to it save for putting a scope on it. Those Armalite 3 Gun Rifles are just really nice imo. With tunable gas block & muzzle break along with that Timney Trigger & Raptor Charging Handle- its a very nice package for someone like me that does not tinker with or build AR's. I'll post up some pics when I get it Tuesday.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

The Beretta shoots VERY nicely. Put nearly 200 rounds through it, no hiccups, soft shooting, easy follow ups. Still like the Arex trigger better, more positive reset, but the beretta is just smooth. It's a wonderful gun! A steal for $400!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:04 pm

The Beretta shoots VERY nicely. Put nearly 200 rounds through it, no hiccups, soft shooting, easy follow ups. Still like the Arex trigger better, more positive reset, but the beretta is just smooth. It's a wonderful gun! A steal for $400!
Soc, is it possible to switchout/upgrade the trigger on this Beretta? If so, I feel it would be worth it's weight in gold man.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:23 am
soc_monki wrote:

Soc, is it possible to switchout/upgrade the trigger on this Beretta? If so, I feel it would be worth it's weight in gold man.
I believe you can. I think I read about a trigger upgrade for the first APX, and the internals are supposedly the same on the new one so it should work. I'm going to give it time and a few hundred more rounds and see how the trigger breaks in. It's not bad, the wall is easy to find, not a long pull, reset is short. I prefer the Arex because you feel everything a little more, especially the reset, but I can't fault the beretta, especially for $400. It's definitely a quality firearm and worth every penny.

And man it just feels good in your hand.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

soc_monki wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:00 am
MacLaren wrote:
soc_monki wrote:

I believe you can. I think I read about a trigger upgrade for the first APX, and the internals are supposedly the same on the new one so it should work. I'm going to give it time and a few hundred more rounds and see how the trigger breaks in. It's not bad, the wall is easy to find, not a long pull, reset is short. I prefer the Arex because you feel everything a little more, especially the reset, but I can't fault the beretta, especially for $400. It's definitely a quality firearm and worth every penny.

I’m curious about which Arex you have in your kit . Striker or hammer ? I have looked at them since they came out , their factory is impressive. MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:22 am
soc_monki wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
soc_monki wrote:

I’m curious about which Arex you have in your kit . Striker or hammer ? I have looked at them since they came out , their factory is impressive. MG2
Delta Gen 2 L (striker), with a holosun 507k optic. When they released I watched all the videos (including a 1000 round torture test and the factory tour). I had to have one and it is amazing. I thought about getting a Zero (sig p226 derived) and may still later on.

I'm still amazed at how slim and light the Delta is, and I run it with Norma NXD ammunition (non-expanding, 68 grain) and it's like nothing is there. Even with a 4.5 inch barrel and the extended mag.

Recoil is a little snappier than the beretta, but it's still very easy to shoot.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thank you , good to know. I may look at one at the Gen 2 in the future. I want to do a Graygun trigger job on my H&K P30LS and possibly my CZ75 Omega before anymore buys . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:43 am
Thank you , good to know. I may look at one at the Gen 2 in the future. I want to do a Graygun trigger job on my H&K P30LS and possibly my CZ75 Omega before anymore buys . Dan
Sounds like a plan! I'm still trying to decide if I want to do anything else to my AR, but I'm really happy with how it performs right now. Trigger has broke in nicely, it goes bang every time (except one round this last trip, but that was the ammo... Primer doesn't look like it was seated correctly). Keep thinking I want to put a different hand stop on it, or a different butt stock, but I keep deciding to just use it and have fun.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

soc_monki wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:55 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sounds like a plan! I'm still trying to decide if I want to do anything else to my AR, but I'm really happy with how it performs right now. Trigger has broke in nicely, it goes bang every time (except one round this last trip, but that was the ammo... Primer doesn't look like it was seated correctly). Keep thinking I want to put a different hand stop on it, or a different butt stock, but I keep deciding to just use it and have fun.
I went with a La Rue two stage straight trigger , and other changes . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:03 am
soc_monki wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I've been keeping an eye on it ever since you recommended it. I've seen lots of people recommending it online as well, but I trust the opinions here more! :winking-tongue
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:03 am
soc_monki wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Nice rifle! 😃
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

soc_monki wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
soc_monki wrote:

Smart 👍
She'll probably smooth right out.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Quick pic of the Armalite AR10
benben

Post by benben »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I’ve been looking at and researching the Graygun trigger / spring swap for my P30L V1. Just a little apprehensive on screwing with the internals on one of my defensive pistols?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:42 pm
Quick pic of the Armalite AR10
I have a case of envy ! Nice 👍
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

benben wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:19 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I’ve been looking at and researching the Graygun trigger / spring swap for my P30L V1. Just a little apprehensive on screwing with the internals on one of my defensive pistols?
When I do it , I have a gunsmith not far away that does excellent work . One thing to consider is trigger work can be a liability in some courts . I have two pistols I am happy with that will never have a trigger job .
Henry David Thoreau
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I tend not to give trigger jobs to my carry guns. I would hate to see that kind of thing brought up in court if you ever have to deal with legal issues after a defensive shooting.

If you're worried about screwing it up, can't you send it in to Grayguns? Or is that not an option any more? I had them do a trigger on my Sig p229 a _long_ time ago, and sent it in to them to do it.