The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by murphjd25 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:39 am
murphjd25 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:49 pm
**** PAUL! Calm down buddy!! 😂😂😂 Love that new shotgun! My house gun is a Mossberg 500 16” barrel and pistol grip. Nothing fancy but it’s got some 3” Zombie Kill in it 😂
OMG, I'm laughing so hard at 626am.......this is truly a Jeff Foxworthy how to know your a redneck moment...
3" MAGNUMS out of a dam 16" barrel....witha a PISTOL GRIP! ....dam son!!
& you want ME to calm down......lol......
Josh, we oughtta do a YouTube channel together, we would be rich!!
Nah, it's all good man. I just haven't screwed with those 3" Magnum 00 Buckshot since 1992 in basic law enforcement training.
Either way, gotta LOVE a shotgun!!
Lol, this is the best forum....with the BEST members!
I probably should explained a little why I was so excited.....I reckon its kinda rare that you can get a 18" barrel to cycle the lightest loads consistently and be threaded for chokes, with this "Italian Stallion" does and is. I've been wanting one for a while.....it's the first auto shotgun I've ever bought and on the 2nd shotgun I've ever bought. The first shotgun I ever bought was a Remington 870.
Glad to make ya laugh this morning Paul! 😂
Josh
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

3" Magnums out of a 16" barrel.......I'd need a shoulder replacement 😂
Spydeefo

Post by Spydeefo »

Last 3 I bought:

Uberti 1858 Remington new model army. Black powder. But also got a conversion cylinder to shoot 45LC. Smooth action and very accurate. Enjoying it so far but have yet to shoot it black powder.
B949F1AC-F111-4383-8385-5CCB13FF7C69.jpeg
Lynx12 shotgun/clone of a saiga 12. These are inexpensive and reliable. Fire rate is about the same as an AR. Drums from 12-30 rounds available. Dumping an entire drum into something will keep you giggling for a while. :winking-tongue
9FB28A84-C38F-4A78-9215-EF2D609E665D.jpeg
This video shows max rate of fire of this semi-auto gun:
https://youtu.be/ejy58DCoYKE

Other one is a jp Sauer 12 gauge built in 1913. Have not shot it yet. Feels like it just came out of the factory.
6152F3B9-8C18-415A-B3D1-3EEA085F84EA.png
Last edited by Spydeefo on Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

T.J. wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:24 pm
No doubt! I remember our shoulders were black & blue after qualifying!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Very nice, Spydeefo!
My brother on law has a Panzer 12. They are really neat!
That JP Sauer! Love the case coloring. Some more pics would be fine 🙂
Very nice scores!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:54 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:39 am
murphjd25 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:49 pm
**** PAUL! Calm down buddy!! 😂😂😂 Love that new shotgun! My house gun is a Mossberg 500 16” barrel and pistol grip. Nothing fancy but it’s got some 3” Zombie Kill in it 😂
OMG, I'm laughing so hard at 626am.......this is truly a Jeff Foxworthy how to know your a redneck moment...
3" MAGNUMS out of a dam 16" barrel....witha a PISTOL GRIP! ....dam son!!
& you want ME to calm down......lol......
Josh, we oughtta do a YouTube channel together, we would be rich!!
Nah, it's all good man. I just haven't screwed with those 3" Magnum 00 Buckshot since 1992 in basic law enforcement training.
Either way, gotta LOVE a shotgun!!
Lol, this is the best forum....with the BEST members!
I probably should explained a little why I was so excited.....I reckon its kinda rare that you can get a 18" barrel to cycle the lightest loads consistently and be threaded for chokes, with this "Italian Stallion" does and is. I've been wanting one for a while.....it's the first auto shotgun I've ever bought and on the 2nd shotgun I've ever bought. The first shotgun I ever bought was a Remington 870.
Glad to make ya laugh this morning Paul! 😂
Josh, I gotta get excited and laugh about something.....I've developed Carpal Tunnel in my right hand and am having surgery June 3
I really hope it helps......it's also in my left hand now
My shootin days might be numbered
Hopefully this surgery will help
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

T.J. wrote:
I was very surprised by recoil out of an 18” Winchester 1300 with the magnums. I was raised hunting birds and the disparity between 2.5” #7 and 3” 00 buck is literally night and day. The only more unpleasant gun I have shot was a buddy’s FA .454 Casull. He loaded a cylinder with 5 shots and I handed it back to him after 3…
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Will also add my cousin bought a 3.5” 12 gauge for Turkey hunting and said the first time he shot it, he got a black eye and busted lip and drive straight to the gun store to trade it!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I'm such a wuss. As executor
I gave away my Dad's 12 gauge shotguns.

An early Charles Daly side by side
went to my sister's ex to hold for their daughter.

A Winchester 101 over and under
went to my son for sporting clays.

And a JC Higgins pump with a Cutts Compensator
went to my brother in law.

I gave a .45 Colt New Service to my niece,
following a matriline of descendancy.
My grandfather had given it to my grandmother
for protection when he was away.
Family lore is she once discharged it
through a screen door
to drive away a couple of miscreants.

And I gave my son a Springfield .45 M1911A1
which I had given to my father.
He carried it on trips in a holster
attached to the center console of his suburban.

The finest firearm came down to my wife
from her childless great aunt and childless uncle,
a Winchester Model 70 in 220 Swift
of which I am the current custodian.
Many coyotes have met their demise by it,
four as recently as last October.
Our intention is to maintain the matriline
and give it to my daughter and,
in the fullness of time, her daughter.

Forgive me for going off the rails,
but I'm keeping the Belgian Browning Sweet 16.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
benben

Post by benben »

twinboysdad wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:50 am
Will also add my cousin bought a 3.5” 12 gauge for Turkey hunting and said the first time he shot it, he got a black eye and busted lip and drive straight to the gun store to trade it!
I've never shot a 3.5" 12 gauge before, but I did grow up next to a neighbor kid who's Dad had several 10 gauge shotguns. Being a skinny 11/12 year old, those 10ga shotguns hurt! The more me and his son shot them and got beat up, the more the Dad would laugh! "Here, shoot it again!"

My Dad had 18 acres that was in front of this man's property, my Dad had a long driveway (probably 250') leading to his house. This was before I had license cause I was riding a bike, I got home and he was standing in the driveway and looking at a limb that had just broken. It was probably 40' above us and HUGE! This limb was a tree in itself, a complete car (and human) destroyer!

He's looking around and thinking, knowing there's no way we can get up there...so young brainy kid here says "hey, go get a shotgun, I'll get it down!" He comes out of the house with a double barrel 12ga and a box of 3" shells. I clearly remember it was shot 16 that brought it down! My shoulder was dead! Couldn't use my right arm / shoulder for a week, which BTW is pretty tough for a 15 year old kid!! :grin-squint
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Mad Mac wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:01 am
I'm such a wuss. As executor
I gave away my Dad's 12 gauge shotguns.
Good on ya, dawg.
They're just "things," and for most of us, it's impossible to keep every thing.
It's good that other folks are able to enjoy your dad's stuff.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

**** Paul, hope surgery goes well! Gotta be able to keep on shooting!
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

twinboysdad wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:50 am
Lol, that brings back good memories......we always used to slip in a 3" Magnum on people.....2 rounds of bird shot or whatever and then BANG!!!!
Lol, talk about a shock to the system!!
A 3" Mag will do the job!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

twinboysdad wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:47 am
T.J. wrote:
I was very surprised by recoil out of an 18” Winchester 1300 with the magnums. I was raised hunting birds and the disparity between 2.5” #7 and 3” 00 buck is literally night and day. The only more unpleasant gun I have shot was a buddy’s FA .454 Casull. He loaded a cylinder with 5 shots and I handed it back to him after 3…
3" Magnum 00 Buckshot is Hard Core. You really gotta be leanin forward and meanin business.....imo.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:42 pm
**** Paul, hope surgery goes well! Gotta be able to keep on shooting!
Thanks Josh. I really appreciate that.
They think it will do the job. It hasn't gotten too far away yet. As that can happen when people put in off for roo long. It's scared the crap outta me. Woke up one morning and my hand was tingly and going numb. The thumb, index and middle finger to include a little of the ring finger as well. Danged if I was putting it off....I knew something was bad wrong.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Best wishes for a successful recovery, Mac.
But wait, not so fast.

When it come to needles and surgery
I am an even bigger wuss.
Take a look at this article by a hand surgeon
who suggests alternative treatment.
https://www.assh.org/handcare/blog/how- ... ut-surgery

Back when I had an office job,
some carpal tunnel symptoms appeared.
My work was at a computer keyboard.
Remembering Mrs. Smith's typing technique and
mild stretching and a little exercise
relieved the discomfort for me.

Back in high school I took a typing class.
It was much to the distress of my father,
but hey, that's where the girls were.
And it really paid off considering my jobs.

We had manual typewriters back then
and firm pounding of the keys was important.
Mrs. Smith stressed hand position,
keeping the wrists high instead of resting low.
That seems to make a big difference.

It might be worth a try.
If it does not help,
you can always go under the knife later.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thank you, Mac!
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post that.
I will absolutely 💯 try those exercises.
Ya know, my mom also had Carpal Tunnel.
I think it has a lot do with the way I sleep. Also, I have a lot to mow and weedeat. That being said, I did A LOT of weedeating last year and, I noticed that with my weedeater, running wide open my right hand would just eventually go numb. And, like an idiot I just kept at it.....
That was probably the main culprit. But, Doctors really don't know what causes it. It's a bit of a mystery.
I mean, sure, women typing a lot gets it. But, my mom was a stay at home mom. So, she never typed.
It's a strange thing. And, again, Thank you for that article. I'm gonna try.......
One other thing......when I'm out working, and I mean actual physical labor, it gets better. A lot better!
Doesn't bother me. If I di have to have the surgery and I will, as I'm already scheduled barring a miracle from these exercises- at any rate, I'm gonna be super careful. No more cell phone computer surfing and forum writing. Gonna get a desk top for internet use and use my phone for a phone lol.....with a blue tooth. Because this Samsung Note 10+ I have is probably also a big contributor to CT, I believe.
Sorry for the poor writing and misspelling- my hand starts tingling and going numb and I try to hurry.....lol, doing it again.......oh man...
RexGig0

Post by RexGig0 »

Having retired, so that having a 24/7 “duty to respond” has given way to simply carrying a pistol comfortably, has changed the focus of what guns I want to carry. The infirmities of getting older have, very much, influenced which guns are too painful to shoot, anymore, and, which guns I still trust my hands to operate reliably. So, my most recent firearms purchase is a Standard Manufacturing Single Action Revolver, a revolving pistol. Yes, the patent language does, indeed, specify “revolving pistol.” An SAA-pattern sixgun, with a 4.75” or 5.5” barrel, “packs” very comfortably, on the hip, and is gentle to shoot. The quite compact grip frame, designed during a time when many folks may well well have had smaller hands, is quite concealable, and well-suited to my quite skinny fingers.

I saved a link, to the dealer’s archived page, but this accursed iPad recently re-arranged all of my Favorites and Bookmarks, and may have deleted a few, during that glitch, so, I am still trying to find it. Rather that risk this timing-out, I am going to post what I have, and will edit, to add the link, or image, if I can find them.

Edited to add:

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/prod ... 57751.html

This dealer is not known for posting low prices, but a walk-in customer can usually do better, if paying for the entire purchase at time of sale. I can easily drive to this dealer. (Lay-Away purchases are not generally discounted much.)
RexGig0

Post by RexGig0 »

I can certainly empathize with those who have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and other Ulnar Nerve issues.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

When I lived in Houston,
I visited Collectors Firearms once.
They have a fine assortment
for discriminating enthusiasts
who are willing to pay accordingly.