The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
soc_monki

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by soc_monki »

Update on the M18. Added a Wilson Combat grip module and sig straight trigger! Stock grip wasn't bad, but this one is so much better. Straight trigger is much, much better than the stock curved.

:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cool! Looking good bro! 👍
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:13 pm
Thank you!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

soc_monki wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:40 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:13 pm
Thank you!
The module looks great ! I was hoping you would try an aftermarket set and glad to see that straight trigger ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:34 am

The module looks great ! I was hoping you would try an aftermarket set and glad to see that straight trigger ! Dan
I wanted to give the stock module a fair shake, but couldn't stop the itch to try the WC module. Haha! Definitely a big improvement in ergos, and shooting it should be an even better experience now.

Love the straight trigger! Love the whole gun! Definitely will not be leaving my stable...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That CZ 457 Varmint showed up today.
Seems like a really nice 22lr. I really wished it were a polished blue barrel and action instead of a Nitride finish. But, it's still a good looking rifle.
I actually bought it for my daughter. She's 13 & I wanna start her shooting but, more importantly knowing how to handle guns. I think a 22lr.is a great way to start. I'll get some pics posted up later.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:17 pm
Very nice! The 457 platform is very popular. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't picked one up yet but I have a really nice 452 American along with a whole bunch of other bolt-action .22's. We have a very active CZ section over on Rimfire Central. Lots of great info there if you ever need anything

Now get yourself some decent ammo and get that rifle to the range. I'd love to hear how it shoots
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:31 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:17 pm
Very nice! The 457 platform is very popular. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't picked one up yet but I have a really nice 452 American along with a whole bunch of other bolt-action .22's. We have a very active CZ section over on Rimfire Central. Lots of great info there if you ever need anything

Now get yourself some decent ammo and get that rifle to the range. I'd love to hear how it shoots
Thanks man
The trigger outta the box was 3.5 pounds with just a tiny but of creep. I mean tiny.
I was able to get it to 2 pounds flat and breaking like a glass rod, creep free. Gotta say, that's a truly adjustable trigger. Btw, the overtravel was fine and I didn't mess with it.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:40 pm
...the overtravel was fine and I didn't mess with it.
I used to adjust all my triggers so they had very little over-travel. Then I read (I think it was one David Tubb's books) where having over-travel set too short wasn't desirable, especially with 22 LR where the bullet is the barrel longer than centerfires. Now back off the over-travel stops and focus on good follow through. Don't know if that one thing actually improved my scores much but it's part of the whole package
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:30 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:40 pm
...the overtravel was fine and I didn't mess with it.
I used to adjust all my triggers so they had very little over-travel. Then I read (I think it was one David Tubb's books) where having over-travel set too short wasn't desirable, especially with 22 LR where the bullet is the barrel longer than centerfires. Now back off the over-travel stops and focus on good follow through. Don't know if that one thing actually improved my scores much but it's part of the whole package
Well, I'll be! What about that. That's very interesting. Sounds like its spot on.
Of course, I would defer to you.
We're gonna try and shoot this Saturday.
I'll get some pics up of this rifle in just a few.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A couple quick pics of the CZ 457 Varmint
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I didn't buy this gun. We just rented it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uB-Qvq ... sp=sharing

For my birthday, my cousin took me to Texas Gun Experience.
Incredible store and range facility.
We rented a Thompson M1A1 .45 Caliber Submachine Gun,
aka the Tommy Gun, Chicago Typewriter or Trench Broom.
Made this old man feel young again.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:26 am

Awesome! Might have to go when I am down visiting my parents next time.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:26 am

Dang you were 10 minutes from me. I'm just around the corner of Grapevine Lake in Flower Mound, I've been to Texas Gun Experience several times. I haven't shot there though. What did you think of the Blade Bar? It's where I saw the Gayle Bradley Advocate Custom I should've bought. The young lady who took it out of the case for me said he goes in there now and then
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The Blade Bar is impressive as is the entire.. emporium.
The Tiffany's of firearms stores, in my view.
It's like a large, high quality gun show
without paying for parking or admission.

My cousin knows the founder's widow.
They had a small gun shop
but he passed away before the new location was completed.
His two sons visited many gun stores and shooting ranges
and combined the best features of four or five of them.
It is truly awesome.

Because I do not live nearby,
I did not inquire about the VIP membership.
VIPs have their own entrance, patio, lounge, pistol range
and gun vaults if desired on one side of the building.
They do not have to mingle with the "unwashed masses".
That's where we did our shooting.
We were VIPs for a day.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dang fellas, yall got me wanting to go to Texas!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Well went by the gun/pawn store today & paid off my new pistol - Springfield Hellcat Pro. Decided to step into the new world of compact handguns with full size capacity that can mount red dot sights. My old go-to handgun has been a Sig P225. This almost doubles the capacity & a red dot sight should be nice for my aging eyes. Now I just need to decided what red dot & get a holster.
Attachments
MyHellcatPro.jpg
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Congratulations!! Enjoy that new gun purchase 😎
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:07 pm
Nice Mac!!