The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Godzilla68

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by Godzilla68 »

Yes. Especially out of a light, shorty. I only put 3 in when in grizzly country. Otherwise reduced recoil slugs for fun.
PM2 Crucarta
Chaparral CF
Gayle Bradley Bowie
Manix 2 M390
Native Chief Rex45
Caly 3.5
Delica ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehehe.......good one 😀
Godzilla68

Post by Godzilla68 »

I share your sentiment
PM2 Crucarta
Chaparral CF
Gayle Bradley Bowie
Manix 2 M390
Native Chief Rex45
Caly 3.5
Delica ZDP189
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Study the image below. You may be able to make out a faint grid of 16 inch squares. Otherwise, consider it to be a Mark Rothko experience and keep staring. Either way, this will become the gun wall in my gun room.

Rothko committed suicide. After researching and agonizing for days
I understood the feeling but finally settled on four 16x32 inch panels from Gun Pegboard to display some of the firearms in my meager collection. Locating the studs and penciling in panels made it much easier to visualize and make a decision.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by Mad Mac on Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Interesting, they sell the same product for tools under the Wall Control brand. Good stuff for tools!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It's not home yet but tracking shows it's at my FFL. Winter weather here will delay my being able to pick it up. This one should be a really good shooter as well as a nice looker
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Curly Maple? 👆
And, what else can you tell us about it?
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

S&W 242 7 shot L frame 38 special - titanium cylinder/aluminum frame with enclosed hammer. Only 1600 made.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

I need to order more Gun Pegboard hooks.

Left side:
DCM M1 Garand with scout scope
CMP M1 Carbine
DPMS Panther Oracle 5.56 NATO 16" AR-15
ATI Omni Hybrid Maxx 300 Blackout 10.5" AR-15 Pistol, Key-Mod Rail and Arm Brace

Right side, .45 ACP pistols:
CMP 1911/A1
Argentine Ballester Molina 11.25 mm
Springfield Armory 1911A1 (Mildly customized by moi.)
Gunsite Special Edition Colt CCO (Commander slide on Officer frame)
with Mother of Pearl grips and gold Titanium Nitride barrel for the little woman
Gunsite Special Edition Smith and Wesson SW1911SC Commander

Center bottom: Spyderco Starmate (This is a Spyderco knife forum, is it not?)
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Godzilla68

Post by Godzilla68 »

That’s a beautiful stock.

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:35 pm

It's not home yet but tracking shows it's at my FFL. Winter weather here will delay my being able to pick it up. This one should be a really good shooter as well as a nice looker
PM2 Crucarta
Chaparral CF
Gayle Bradley Bowie
Manix 2 M390
Native Chief Rex45
Caly 3.5
Delica ZDP189
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Kimber .22?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:53 am
Curly Maple? 👆
Sorry Mac. I forgot I posted this. It's kind of a mutt. It's an Anschutz 1712 .22LR barreled action in a Anschutz 1710 classic style stock. It was thought that it possibly came from the factory in this configuration but I did a little research and found the original owner and he bought the barreled action new and the stock from another guy and put them together. The dead giveaway is the stock is for the older style action with a wing safety and the barreled action is the newer style with side safety. Some rifles did come like that from that factory during the transition. So the theory was possible. The wood isn't maple as far as I know. I thought it might be Myrtle but Anschutz has generally always used Walnut or Beech. My friend that I bought it from has a lot of really high end rifles and he seems pretty sure it's walnut. My brother's a gunsmith and builds custom rifles. He's done a lot of stock work. I need to send him pics to see what he says. One thing's for sure, If it shoots anything like my other Anschutz it'll be a fantastic shooter.

On a side note, most (possibly all) of the Biathlon rifles that are being used in the Winter Olympics are Fortner actions built by Anschutz. I know a couple guys that have 1827s but in different configurations and they're fantastic rifles

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... d=msedgntp
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Halfneck wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:49 pm
Kimber .22?
No but this is a Kimber

That's another mutt that I made up from a Kimber 82G and a model 84 SSV stock. I have the original 82G target stock, sights, etc. So I can put it back in original condition any time

Here's the rifle in original form..

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Beautiful Anschutz Sharp Guy!
Lemme know how she shoots when ya can please.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:49 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:53 am
Curly Maple? 👆
Sorry Mac. I forgot I posted this. It's kind of a mutt. It's an Anschutz 1712 .22LR barreled action in a Anschutz 1710 classic style stock. It was thought that it possibly came from the factory in this configuration but I did a little research and found the original owner and he bought the barreled action new and the stock from another guy and put them together. The dead giveaway is the stock is for the older style action with a wing safety and the barreled action is the newer style with side safety. Some rifles did come like that from that factory during the transition. So the theory was possible. The wood isn't maple as far as I know. I thought it might be Myrtle but Anschutz has generally always used Walnut or Beech. My friend that I bought it from has a lot of really high end rifles and he seems pretty sure it's walnut. My brother's a gunsmith and builds custom rifles. He's done a lot of stock work. I need to send him pics to see what he says. One thing's for sure, If it shoots anything like my other Anschutz it'll be a fantastic shooter.

On a side note, most (possibly all) of the Biathlon rifles that are being used in the Winter Olympics are Fortner actions built by Anschutz. I know a couple guys that have 1827s but in different configurations and they're fantastic rifles

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... d=msedgntp
I have a friend years ago who was on Air Guard Biathlon team . He took his Anschutz Squirrel hunting with us . Amazing 22 rifle . I liked how mags stored in stock . Very specialized rig . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Soanso McMasters wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:44 am
S&W 242 7 shot L frame 38 special - titanium cylinder/aluminum frame with enclosed hammer. Only 1600 made.
Nice! I have a similar 386 Mtn Lite. 3" L-frame 7-shot .357 mag. Scandium frame/Ti cylinder.
Is my go to hiking/hunting/backpacking sidearm ; )
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:56 pm
I have a friend years ago who was on Air Guard Biathlon team . He took his Anschutz Squirrel hunting with us . Amazing 22 rifle . I liked how mags stored in stock . Very specialized rig . MG2
This is my 1416 AV. It came with a nice walnut sporter stock but it's currently wearing a laminated target stock that I got a great deal on. Note the mag holders on the side of the forend. This is similar to how they do it on the Biathlon rifles.

The triggers on both rifles are fantastic but the trigger on this 1416 AV is exceptional
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Laminated stocks can be beautiful, too.
And it can be shaped into deep pistols grips that normal wood grain would not survive.
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

Cycletroll wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:39 am
Soanso McMasters wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:44 am
Nice! I have a similar 386 Mtn Lite. 3" L-frame 7-shot .357 mag. Scandium frame/Ti cylinder.
Is my go to hiking/hunting/backpacking sidearm ; )
The half lug on those is really cool! I like the “high capacity” revolvers a great deal. I wish more were available. I’d love to see some additional models chambered in 327/32 from S&W, Ruger, and Kimber, built on frames with 7+ rounds of 32 caliber as the foundation.

I tried the newer Charter Professional in 32 Mag but it shot 5 inches low at 5 yards. Sadly, they all do as that’s how the sights are regulated.