The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
benben

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by benben »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:05 pm
benben wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 am
HK pistols I'd buy today......

P2000sk V2 9mm.
P30L V1 9mm.
USP Expert 9mm w/Jet Funnel magwell.

The P30L is a unicorn right now, been looking hard for one for close to a year!
Wow. I had no idea. P30L V1 9mm is my nightstand gun, but I've had it for quite a while. I didn't realize they had become hard to find.
So it’s a V1 Light LEM.......want a sell it? It’s the exact pistol I want for my nightstand gun! ;)
benben

Post by benben »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:58 pm
Interesting that there are so many HK geeks amongst the Spyderco geeks. I have three, two of which get carried. Gotta say, though, that the P2000SK is my favorite.
Glad to hear, the P2000sk always gets stellar reviews! I’ve found a 9mm V2 model I think I’m going to pick up this week since I’m having ZERO luck finding a P30L.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I just bought a Marlin 1895 45-70 dark edition.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

benben wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:02 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:05 pm
benben wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 am
HK pistols I'd buy today......

P2000sk V2 9mm.
P30L V1 9mm.
USP Expert 9mm w/Jet Funnel magwell.

The P30L is a unicorn right now, been looking hard for one for close to a year!
Wow. I had no idea. P30L V1 9mm is my nightstand gun, but I've had it for quite a while. I didn't realize they had become hard to find.
So it’s a V1 Light LEM.......want a sell it? It’s the exact pistol I want for my nightstand gun! ;)
Sorry, but no. This one is a keeper for me. I expect to own it for the rest of my life. :)
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Picked up my first pistol this last Tuesday. Glock 19 gen 3. Ordered a Streamlight TLR 7 off amazon and it just came in today. Been busy with work so I haven't had a chance to get to the range with it, but I'm excited to get out there with it. Also just finished my AR15 a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get out with it either which is a bummer. Hopefully soon!
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Glock 21 45ACP with a KKM Match 6" barrel with supported chamber.

Yeah, it's ugly.

My other 45's were three inch barrels, and I wanted all the velocity this time around.

No jams with the KKM barrel, good product.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Have you ever tried 460 Rowland? I have a conversion barrel for my Glock 21, and if you want velocity, the 460 Rowland is crazy fast. I think it's total overkill for in town, but it's a nice wilderness (bear) defense piece, and I like the Glock 21 better than a revolver for backpacking, both for dirt/reliability and weight.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

No I haven't.

I went with the KKM with the supported barrel so I could use the 45 Super, which is just standard .45ACP dimensions with stronger brass. Just a little extra oomph.

It's hard to get 45 Super where I live so I'm happy with the usual Federal/Winchester/Corbon/etc you find at the sporting goods stores. My friend had a 10mm and we shot a lot of those OMG high velocity brands. After a certain point, I was letting him finish off the box. :)

https://youtu.be/zbg6Ll85l8k
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I love a DeSantis Speed Scabbard
Have one for my Sig P229 too. Just a great holster.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:21 am
No I haven't.

I went with the KKM with the supported barrel so I could use the 45 Super, which is just standard .45ACP dimensions with stronger brass. Just a little extra oomph.

It's hard to get 45 Super where I live so I'm happy with the usual Federal/Winchester/Corbon/etc you find at the sporting goods stores. My friend had a 10mm and we shot a lot of those OMG high velocity brands. After a certain point, I was letting him finish off the box. :)

https://youtu.be/zbg6Ll85l8k
Very nice!!
Not everyday ya get to see a .45 Super!
Btw, I love Underwood Ammo too!
I have some Underwood in .357 Sig that is a little over 2,000 fps :D
That Underwood. 45 Super you have was absolutely SMOKING!
Good job :)
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Not my video, I'm just a fan. :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:51 am
Not my video, I'm just a fan. :)
In that case, thanx for posting up that video :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:13 pm
I just bought a Marlin 1895 45-70 dark edition.

Nice! The SBL is on my wishlist. It would be a great hunting rifle in our New England forests. The Dark edition looks great but I hunt in wet weather so much that I have mostly gone exclusively to stainless guns for field use.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I remember one of my earliest guns was a Roy Rogers six shooter that used those roles of caps. Hahahaha.

I haven’t bought a real gun in many years as they are illegal. The last one I bought was a Glock 26 on which I installed a set of XS Sights Big Dot Express Night Sights. I had a 2 round extension on the magazine. Handy.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Got a SIG P365 (born May 2019) a few weeks ago. Not a hiccup in its first 300 rounds of range ammo. The trigger and its reset are quite good; although I was only function-testing, my double-taps produced more-than-acceptable results at seven yards. Another 300 rounds like these—this time >1000fps—and I’m blessing the gun for carry.

But my real excitement is the LaRue Tactical-mounted Aimpoint Micro T2 I’ve put on my Colt M4. Its co-witnessing effectively makes this rifle a new one. Looking forward to zeroing it as Spring approaches, then putting on a LaRue Tactical-mounted Aimpoint 6x magnifier, making the rifle a new one yet again.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

wrdwrght wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am
Got a SIG P365 (born May 2019) a few weeks ago. Not a hiccup in its first 300 rounds of range ammo. The trigger and its reset are quite good; although I was only function-testing, my double-taps produced more-than-acceptable results at seven yards. Another 300 rounds like these—this time >1000fps—and I’m blessing the gun for carry.

But my real excitement is the LaRue Tactical-mounted Aimpoint Micro T2 I’ve put on my Colt M4. It’s co-witnessing effectively makes this rifle a new one. Looking forward to zeroing it as Spring approaches, then putting on a LaRue Tactical-mounted Aimpoint 6x magnifier, making the rifle a new one yet again.
Nice. Shes runnin like a well oiled machine.
I just got 200 rounds thru my G17.
Ya know, you mentioned a born on date. Always neat to find out when they were born.
I called Glock about my 17, and she just literally not even 8 weeks old lol! She was born on 12-30-19!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 pm
I just got 200 rounds
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I just got 200 rounds
Hahahaha. Some people just shouldn’t be allowed even to touch a firearm.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

MacLaren wrote:
wrdwrght wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 am
/

But my real excitement is the LaRue Tactical-mounted Aimpoint Micro T2 I’ve put on my Colt M4. It’s co-witnessing effectively makes this rifle a new one. Looking forward to zeroing it as Spring approaches, then putting on a LaRue Tactical-mounted Aimpoint 6x magnifier, making the rifle a new one yet again.
Nice. Shes runnin like a well oiled machine.
I just got 200 rounds thru my G17.
Ya know, you mentioned a born on date. Always neat to find out when they were born.
I called Glock about my 17, and she just literally not even 8 weeks old lol! She was born on 12-30-19!
Actually, I only lubed my 365 after its first 300. :) I was curious to see if it was going to perform like my relatively-dry and highly-reliable Glocks, including a 43. My '90s SIGs want to be drenched in oil. Glad the 365 doesn't seem to care.

Given the firearms industry's inclination to rush out new models, having a born-on date is essential to determining--absent actual serial-numbered recalls--whether inline changes (CQI?) have occurred in a particular firearm you have.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”