The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by MacLaren »

Just wandering if anyone here has a Franklin Arms BFSIII ( Binary Trigger )
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I got a basic kydex holster and fired up the reloading press (stupid ammo shortage :( ) so this bad boy is now officially in the rotation!

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Picked this up at my local FFL last Friday, about an hour after I got the call saying it had arrived. Would have been there sooner, but Romeo had other plans for me. It's a Langdon Tactical Beretta 92 Elite Centurion with all their bells and whistles. Ordered it from LTT back in early January so, technically, it's not the "last gun I bought", just the last one to reach my hands.

Trigger is excellent, breaks at about 3.5 lbs. single action and just over 8 double action, and is so smooth it feels a lot lighter.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:15 am
Picked this up at my local FFL last Friday, about an hour after I got the call saying it had arrived. Would have been there sooner, but Romeo had other plans for me. It's a Langdon Tactical Beretta 92 Elite Centurion with all their bells and whistles. Ordered it from LTT back in early January so, technically, it's not the "last gun I bought", just the last one to reach my hands.

Trigger is excellent, breaks at about 3.5 lbs. single action and just over 8 double action, and is so smooth it feels a lot lighter.
Congratz. Nice clean trigger, she should be a real shooter Paul.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

That's a beautiful Beretta. Is that the one with the NP3 finish?
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Just bought a mid-1950's S&W pre-Model 27 in the original gold tone cardboard box. According to the original owner it's been fired a total of 18 times. I won't post the price because I can't stand to see Maclaren cry.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:42 am
Just bought a mid-1950's S&W pre-Model 27 in the original gold tone cardboard box. According to the original owner it's been fired a total of 18 times. I won't post the price because I can't stand to see Maclaren cry.
Lol, you gotta be kiddin!! :D
And, your right......I'll ball my dam eyes out...
I gotta say, those mid to late 50's Smiths are INCREDIBLE!! The cylinder action on my late Uncle's model 10 is astoundingly smooooooth!
Much better than my 1978 27-2, which is no slouch :D
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:53 am
The cylinder action on my late Uncle's
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:19 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:53 am
The cylinder action on my late Uncle's
Lol! Good gracious, St.Ignatious!! :D
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've been looking at pocket guns but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Stuff like the Nano, S&W Bodyguard, LCP/LC9 etc.

Any suggestions? I fired a friends LC9 and liked it. The S&W feels good in my grip but I hear they have rough trigger action and it felt more like a toy vs the LC9.
:unicorn
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:18 pm
I told my brother about that around 2 weeks ago.

I'd say buy it while you can!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

vivi wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:53 pm
I've been looking at pocket guns but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Stuff like the Nano, S&W Bodyguard, LCP/LC9 etc.
I've been carrying Kahrs since back when they were the only option. I've run thousands of rounds through the PM9 and CM9 at this point, with no issues. The trigger is long, but not gritty, and personally I'm very happy with them.

One of my friends has the pocket Glock (I can't remember the number, but the little single stack 9), and I liked shooting it. The similarity to the larger Glocks is nice, for sure. I have been considering picking one up, but haven't done so yet.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:08 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:18 pm
I told my brother about that around 2 weeks ago.

I'd say buy it while you can!
Absolutely. Have had mine for about 2 weeks now. Still in the package though, lol.
vivi

Post by vivi »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:12 pm
vivi wrote:
I've been carrying Kahrs since back when they were the only option. I've run thousands of rounds through the PM9 and CM9 at this point, with no issues. The trigger is long, but not gritty, and personally I'm very happy with them.

One of my friends has the pocket Glock (I can't remember the number, but the little single stack 9), and I liked shooting it. The similarity to the larger Glocks is nice, for sure. I have been considering picking one up, but haven't done so yet.
I've actually shot that single stack Glock 9, I'm glad you reminded me of it. Probably the most solid feeling tiny pistol I've tried. I'm gonna go look it up.

Never handled those Kahrs but I've read good things. I'll try to handle some at a local shop.
:unicorn
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Glock 43 is a great little shooter.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

If the emphasis is on "pocket", I'm keen about my .32 Seecamp.

In the convertible Bear Creek Holster, it disappears in the hip pocket of a pair jeans.

It is the only pistol I have been able to carry all day, every day for a week at a time.
Solid stainless steel makes it heavy for its size and it is a bit pricey,
but it comes with pride of ownership.
In my opinion, it is the Tiffany of pocket pistols.

My next favorite is the Kel-Tec P3AT in .380 (get it) shown with a Spyderco Stretch.
Not quite as concealable as a Seecamp but it's lighter and shoots bigger bullets.
A clip is available and it could pass for a knife,
although two guys behind me got in an argument about it one day.

Here is a comparison picture. Left to right, Seecamp, Kel-Tec and a compact Springfield XDs .45.
Do not get the clip for the XDs. Mine interfered with the extractor causing massive jams.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
remnar

Post by remnar »

vivi wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:50 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:12 pm
vivi wrote:

I've actually shot that single stack Glock 9, I'm glad you reminded me of it. Probably the most solid feeling tiny pistol I've tried. I'm gonna go look it up.

Never handled those Kahrs but I've read good things. I'll try to handle some at a local shop.
I have always been very happy with my Kahr CM 9 but the Sig P365 is almost the same size and holds more rounds so that is what I carry now. The Sig also has night sights and a little more ergonomic grip. Both have functioned perfectly since day 1.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I'm waitin to see what Jim ( OldHoosier62 )
lays on us.... as a matter of fact, I can't wait :D :D
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Well, I'm getting into ARs now. Have a lower being shipped to my FFL right now (complete lower), and a complete upper on order. $618 all together, should be good for a first AR. I will check all screws and bolts, clean and lube everything, when they get here. Have a set of iron sights coming, a Hogue grip, M-lok covers and an angled foregrip as well. Have 40 rounds of 5.56 in the closet, with 400 .223 rounds on the way (hehe!) Hoping to have the gun together and ready to go soon to go shooting. Will be fun taking the 9mm and rifle out together and having some fun. Have 950 rounds of 9mm...don't think I'll use that many in one day haha! Cannot wait!

oh and 2 magazines. Think I'll pick up a few more soon. 30 rounders.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

vivi wrote:
I like pocket carry. Many guns that are called pocket guns are a little big for me. It all depends on what pants you wear and how deep the pockets are.

I have a first gen LCP. The trigger pull is crazy long and even with my average large hands it is hard to shoot. I put a laser grip on it because the sights are non existent. It is hard to shoot, snappy on the recoil and shoots a weak round. That said, I carry it more than anything else. It is probably the easiest to carry of all the pocket pistols. It is tiny and weighs almost nothing, something like 13oz loaded. After all, having it with you is rule #1.

I have an early Kel-Tec PF9, the gun ruger copied to produce the LC9. They have a terrible reputation and mine was very unreliable with many types of ammo. Thankfully it shoots a mild reload of mine with 100% reliability. I have put well over 500 of my handloads through it without a single jam. I can pocket carry it but it is as big as I can comfortably pocket. If you have big pockets and don’t mind just over a pound in your pocket the LC9 would be a viable option.

Lastly, get an airweight J-frame. I love mine and I carry it whenever I can. I switch to the lcp when I need the ultimate in ease of carry but in my opinion an airweight j-frame is the best pocket gun available. Mine has a steel cylinder and weighs about 14-15 oz empty. You can get one with a titanium cylinder that is closer to 12 oz empty but it costs way more. I went steel because I shoot mostly .357 in mine.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?