The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mike Slayer

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by Mike Slayer »

My Dad did that a few years ago. I got his Winchester 30-30 which was the one I wanted the most and his Colt SAA Richard Petty Edition.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Firearms, in my opinion, can provide a durable, tactile connection to our lost loved ones.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Finally got my pistol license last week , so I was able to pick up my H&K VP9. Then on Friday I picked up my 300 Blackout from a local gun manufacturer.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Firearms, in my opinion, can provide a durable, tactile connection to our lost loved ones.
They sure can. :)
OldHoosier62 (Jim) is working on my late Uncle's (my name sake) Colt 1911 (made in 1918 - a Black Army )
And, I'm so excited about it......
me2

Post by me2 »

Currently testing hand loads in my latest, an A4 clone with carry handle sights.
Cliffordxu0718

Post by Cliffordxu0718 »

pl mini valkyrie is always amazing!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Something I've wanted since I got my first one.
Another CZ Bren 805 PS1. This one is black.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ok gang, here she is. My 2nd CZ Bren 805 PS1
These things are smooth as silk.......basically little to no recoil......you can stay on target all day long. And, they are built extremely well. She may be a poor man's SCAR, but imo and others, she doesn't give up anything to the mighty FN SCAR.
The top pick is my latest Bren
The bottom pic is my first Bren, the FDE version, which is a bit rare actually.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

****, I could of bought a new gun instead of a $700 knife LOL
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:35 pm
****, I could of bought a new gun instead of a $700 knife LOL
Yes! You could've lol.
But, then again, that $700 blade is really nice.
:bug-red
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Just bought a Glock 40 for my woods gun.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:28 pm
These things are smooth as silk.......basically little to no recoil......you can stay on target all day long. And, they are built extremely well. She may be a poor man's SCAR, but imo and others, she doesn't give up anything to the mighty FN SCAR.
I have wanted a Bren 805 since I first got to shoot one. I was really looking forward to the Bren BR but it doesn't look like we will see it over here in the states. I will get one some day soon but first I have to build a few AK's in certain configurations I want.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mike Slayer wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:24 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:28 pm
I have wanted a Bren 805 since I first got to shoot one. I was really looking forward to the Bren BR but it doesn't look like we will see it over here in the states. I will get one some day soon but first I have to build a few AK's in certain configurations I want.
I just dont understand why they don't Mike.
I don't think anyone doubts that it would sell.
But, I hope your able to score an 805 Bren PS1 or S1
Man, you know how soft they shoot and they're built like a tank too. I would love to score a Bren 805 A2 - the NFA select fire. Single action, 2 round burst and full auto. I would gladly pay that tax.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

I would be willing to bet it would out sale the SCAR. I will probably get an PS1 then file the paper work for making it an SBR. What would be sick is a Bren BR in 6.5CM. I am looking to move my Remington 700 Mil-Spec 5R Gen 2 in 300WM then get a JTAC industries chassis with a 18" barreled Howa 1500 in 6.5CM. I am a big guy but even for me in the NC bush that is too heavy and long to carry around for most types of hunting. The Howa 1500 in the JTac is perfect with a 2.5-10x or 1-8x scope. I can still make accurate shots out to 800 yards will still having plenty of FOV at close ranges. I have never been a fan of the higher magnification scopes because of the extra bulk and weight. They just don't make sense for me no further than I am shooting on critters or at the range.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mike Slayer wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:51 pm
I would be willing to bet it would out sale the SCAR. I will probably get an PS1 then file the paper work for making it an SBR. What would be sick is a Bren BR in 6.5CM. I am looking to move my Remington 700 Mil-Spec 5R Gen 2 in 300WM then get a JTAC industries chassis with a 18" barreled Howa 1500 in 6.5CM. I am a big guy but even for me in the NC bush that is too heavy and long to carry around for most types of hunting. The Howa 1500 in the JTac is perfect with a 2.5-10x or 1-8x scope. I can still make accurate shots out to 800 yards will still having plenty of FOV at close ranges. I have never been a fan of the higher magnification scopes because of the extra bulk and weight. They just don't make sense for me no further than I am shooting on critters or at the range.
Makes sense Mike! It really does. I've been thinking the same thing man. I can never find anywhere to shoot over 450 yards. And, I live in the most remote county in the state. Well, almost......and, I don't hunt though. I never liked deer or bear meat.
I tell ya, your spot on imo, I've been mulling over the same things. Lighter bolt gun and getting away from the magnum caliber. I shot 300wsm.
I'll probably get a 308 since I have the ammo and like you say, a lighter scope with nice glass but like 15 or 18 power max. Mike, I just don't think my eyes would make an 800 yard shot with an 8 or 10 power scope. I gotta have a little more. That's awesome that you can!
It sure that shooting is indeed a perishable talent. Age and not practicing will hurt ya bad.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

I live in Bertie county so it's a big farming county. It's very rural and flat so I can find some places to shoot that are very long but when it comes to hunting I try to keep everything 300 yards and in for accurate and clean kills. Don't get me wrong I can understand when more magnification is needed for certain reasons. I am 35 so I am pretty sure in the coming years I might need to go to a higher power scope as well but I will fight that as long as I can. I had a really hard time choosing between 308 and 6.5CM. I could still change my mind and go back to a 308 since I know it so well. I have been shooting a 308 since I was 18. I used a 30-30 then a .243 when I was a child. 300WM is of course my latest caliber but for me 6.5CM and 308 can do everything the 300WM can do. 6.5CM has more range, less recoil and flatter trajectory versus the 308. I have a few friends that shoot 6.5CM only and they reload so I can get them to help me work up some custom loads for a 6.5CM bolt gun. This rifle is the bolt gun I have dreamed about for years. Should be a handy and fun tool.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sounds awesome.
Now you've got me thinking 6.5 CM
Have you shot 6.8?
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Sounds awesome.
Now you've got me thinking 6.5 CM
Have you shot 6.8?
I have briefly messed with a 6.8SPC but I prefer the 6.5 Grendel myself. I would like to play with .277 Fury from Sig and see if their claims are true about it being better than 6.5CM. Until more companies make it and it is easier to fine like 308 and 6.5CM plus around the same price I am not that interested though. LOL
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That Grendel would be an excellent deer round imo.
My cousin has a CZ bolt rifle in 6.5 Grendel.
Man, I'm just gonna stick to .308 - I've got plenty of it in both range ammo and the good stuff smk and even some Underwood offerings.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:38 am
That Grendel would be an excellent deer round imo.
My cousin has a CZ bolt rifle in 6.5 Grendel.
Man, I'm just gonna stick to .308 - I've got plenty of it in both range ammo and the good stuff smk and even some Underwood offerings.
I have a buddy that uses 6.5 Grendel in his AR's and he has a Howa Mini action in it. It's impressive what he does with it. That round is also **** on Coyotes and Hogs. I plan to build a few AK's in 6.5 Grendel for myself when the time comes. Since I can get 6.5 Grendel specific metal AK mags now I want to build my version of the perfect fighting AK. The AK is where my heart is at.