I love my bread maker

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: I love my bread maker

Post by Doc Dan »

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Last night I made bread with sunflower seeds for our night security guards. Because of the shutdown I was afraid they had no food. I was right. All one guard had was some gravy. We all need to think about such people and make sure they have food. What of the elderly shut ins around us? What of the handicapped? We cannot assume someone is caring for them.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Starter recipe from the cookbook Whole Foods for the Whole Family cookbook
IMG_20200330_230654.jpg
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

bearrowland wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:14 pm
Starter recipe from the cookbook Whole Foods for the Whole Family cookbookIMG_20200330_230654.jpg
Awesome. Thanks.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’ve always fought shy of making my own sourdough starter. If I run out of yeast I may need to! Can you even make sourdough in a bread machine?

I made Chapati the other evening. Flour, water and a little oil, no yeast, no rise - easy!
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:09 am
I’ve always fought shy of making my own sourdough starter. If I run out of yeast I may need to! Can you even make sourdough in a bread machine?

I made Chapati the other evening. Flour, water and a little oil, no yeast, no rise - easy!
Apparently so: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/br ... 0aaa3f6bbe

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes ... ead-recipe

I've got to try it soon.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ChrisinHove wrote:
I made Chapati
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:18 am
ChrisinHove wrote:
I made Chapati
Hahahaha! Bloke where have you been?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Cheers Bloke!! 😂
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:21 am
Bloke where have you been?
Hi, Doc.

This COVID-19 business has been getting to me. I haven’t been to see my Mum and Dad, my Kids or my Grandkiddies in a month and it’s starting to get to me so I haven’t been my jovial self and like the time of our bushfires I just get a bit sad, quiet and keep to myself.

All’s well as can be with our family here and I’m still working but they’ve even closed our beaches so I can’t go for a swim or even wet a line to fish.

I do hope you and everyone else are all well and no doubt I’ll be back to annoy you all before too long. :)
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Hi, Doc.

This COVID-19 business has been getting to me. I haven’t been to see my Mum and Dad, my Kids or my Grandkiddies in a month and it’s starting to get to me so I haven’t been my jovial self and like the time of our bushfires I just get a bit sad, quiet and keep to myself.

All’s well as can be with our family here and I’m still working but they’ve even closed our beaches so I can’t go for a swim or even wet a line to fish.

I do hope you and everyone else are all well and no doubt I’ll be back to annoy you all before too long. :)
It is hard on extroverts. I’m sorry you are going through all that. If your family can get on Hangout or Zoom or Skype y’all can hang around each other till you are tired of it.

It’s not bothering me too much except the problems of doing necessary things because of the lockdown and curfew.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

My wife has been on lockdown for over two weeks now and I am only going straight to my job site with one other guy. After reading and posting in this thread a while ago I mentioned to here that I missed making bread since I haven't done it in quite a while.

She started reading about sourdough and has built her own starter and has been pouring over information and gotten completely hooked with the whole process. A great time for her to learn an essential skill, and one that I will very happily enjoy the fruits of her labor. :D
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:37 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Hi, Doc.

Cheer up, mate! There’s always the mirror ...

On a serious note, I think extended social isolation is going to be increasingly tough as it goes on, and we all need to try to work out how to make it easier on ourselves and others.

Platforms like Zoom are flippin’ brilliant for bringing bunches of people together. I had a virtual pub crawl with a few mates on Friday - we each had our beers and put up favourite pub interiors as backgrounds.

On a purely selfish note, I have been missing your daft gifs!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I fired off the 2nd response to this thread and then followed it from time to time. I did a little Internet research, and I'd like some responses.

- Are the bread makers noisy?
- I see time and time again people saying they would not buy one again based on the noise, which apparently is quite loud for some models.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

When mine stirs of course it makes noise, but it is not loud, only a little more than a microwave. It had to stir and mix, after all. That is only for a short time and the it is quiet while the dough rises and then bakes.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Bloke, we're here for you my friend! Your humor makes this forum and the world a better place. This is a tough stint, but if we stick together, we'll make it together. Please keep the humor coming...we all need it :)
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

My Sunbeam isn't excessively noisy. From time to time in the mixing process it's audible, but not loud.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

bearrowland wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm
My Sunbeam isn't excessively noisy. From time to time in the mixing process it's audible, but not loud.
Yeah, it should be audible but not loud.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:00 pm
It is hard on extroverts.
ChrisinHove wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:41 am
Cheer up, mate! There’s always the mirror ...
bearrowland wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:43 pm
Bloke, we're here for you my friend!
God Bless you, fellas! Hope everyone’s well! :)

I’ve got nothing to complain about here. We’re all fit and healthy, for now at very least and I’m employed. Plus I get an hour and a half early mark from work every day without a pay cut. :o

I just hate being cooped up and miss my darling grandkiddies terribly, is all but I’ve found a new hobby and interest that occupies me for hours on end and as they say in the Classics; Time flys when your having fun.

Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :rolleyes:

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Bloke I'm glad you're here! 😁
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032