Bark River Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Naperville

Re: Bark River Knives

Post by Naperville »

kennethsime wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:26 pm
Very excited to hear more, Naperville. I don’t think I’m getting one this year, but would love to own one eventually.
I have quite a few knives but it is always fun to check out different implementations to see what they feel like in the hand.

Another knife that I have is the Bark River Knives Moro Barong, and it is almost sword-like, you really have to know what you're doing because it is heavy and with that, when you swing it, you get momentum. If you swing it at something and miss, the next thing that it could be hitting is your shin, which would disable you.

The Machete is not heavy at all. Really a better self defense option.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I should not have read so much here and tempted to purchase the drop point Hunter or a Chute knife . Does anyone have experience with either model ? I gifted a BRK Chute knife years ago but only wiped it down and boxed it up ,so was in hand for a brief amount of time . I’ve always liked that Loveless design . The drop point Hunter looks like a winner but for deer may be a bit long but I think I could deal with that bit of extra blade . Any comments would be appreciated. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:38 am
I should not have read so much here and tempted to purchase the drop point Hunter or a Chute knife . Does anyone have experience with either model ? I gifted a BRK Chute knife years ago but only wiped it down and boxed it up ,so was in hand for a brief amount of time . I’ve always liked that Loveless design . The drop point Hunter looks like a winner but for deer may be a bit long but I think I could deal with that bit of extra blade . Any comments would be appreciated. Dan
I do not own a chute knife from anyone, but I like the design.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Naperville wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:55 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I do not own a chute knife from anyone, but I like the design.
Thank you buddy , Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Here’s a sneak peek at the first Barkie model to be run in Magnacut: the Bushcraft Scout.

It’s based on the Ultralite Bushcrafter, but with a spear point blade, spine jimping, and I think a slightly thicker blade stock.

My pre-order is a much simpler affair in Micarta, but still pretty stoked on this bad boy.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:41 pm

Here’s a sneak peek at the first Barkie model to be run in Magnacut: the Bushcraft Scout.

It’s based on the Ultralite Bushcrafter, but with a spear point blade, spine jimping, and I think a slightly thicker blade stock.

My pre-order is a much simpler affair in Micarta, but still pretty stoked on this bad boy.
After seeing this FB , not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight , drop dead beauty. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
michaelyogi

Post by michaelyogi »

IMG_2561.jpg
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

michaelyogi wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:18 pm
IMG_2561.jpg
Sweet baby James! What model is that?!
"Some call me...Tim?"
michaelyogi

Post by michaelyogi »

Paraguy wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 pm
michaelyogi wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:18 pm
IMG_2561.jpg
Sweet baby James! What model is that?!
BRK 1855 Hunting Bowie. 154 CM.
It's a sweet one.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I'm still waiting on a pre-order for my drop point Hunter, but I do have a BRK Chute knife, and I must say that the handle is entirely too thin. I have small hands too (short fingers, wide palm) and I could probably wrap just my tiny fingers around it.
--Jeremy
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

kerrcobra wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:56 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I'm still waiting on a pre-order for my drop point Hunter, but I do have a BRK Chute knife, and I must say that the handle is entirely too thin. I have small hands too (short fingers, wide palm) and I could probably wrap just my tiny fingers around it.
Thank you ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Placed preorder October 1st, 2021. Got the email and ordered tonight. I expect it to get here Monday or Tuesday, but with DLT you never know - could be a Saturday surprise.

Pretty excited to try this little guy. Not sure if I'll love or hate the jimping - we'll see.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Got the Bushcraft Scout in today.

It’s a fantastic knife, but man is it small!

The handle is a bit tight for me, but the knife is very nimble and secure in hand. The handle is much slimmer, and much less hand-filling than the NC EDC, though it has the same length grip.

It’s right between the Frontier Valley, my favorite edc, and the Gunny Hunter LT, my favorite hiking knife. I’m sure it could fill both roles, but I’ll be curious to see if it gets enough belt time.

kobold

Post by kobold »

Very nice collection.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:56 pm

Placed preorder October 1st, 2021. Got the email and ordered tonight. I expect it to get here Monday or Tuesday, but with DLT you never know - could be a Saturday surprise.

Pretty excited to try this little guy. Not sure if I'll love or hate the jimping - we'll see.
Could you compare next to some spydies? Thanks.
"Some call me...Tim?"
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Paraguy wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:57 pm
Could you compare next to some spydies? Thanks.

Took this for the BRK group today.

The biggest surprise was how thin the blade stock is.

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Posted my Bravo 1 for sale over on BCUSA.
michaelyogi

Post by michaelyogi »

IMG_2569.jpg
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

michaelyogi wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:19 pm
IMG_2569.jpg
Is that a highland special?

I wish they’d bring back the highland and woodland specials. Sure would love a matching set.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yall that like Bark River should give Lon Humphrey a try. Here's his Delta in 52100 5.4" w/ Desert Ironwood handles and does come with a nice sheath - all are hand forged. No two will be exactly alike. They are the sharpest outta the box you will see too.