Bark River Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kennethsime

Re: Bark River Knives

Post by kennethsime »

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Strange - Google Maps usually gets updated by users!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

AMAZING DEALS ON BARK RIVER BUSHCRAFTERS ONLY AT SAMS NAILS AT WALMART!!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushcrafter- ... /121782656
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushcrafter- ... /167598852

Add it to your cart and see what happens :winking-tongue
Last edited by Paraguy on Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some call me...Tim?"
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Paraguy wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:13 am
AMAZING DEALS ON BARK RIVER BUSHCRAFTERS ONLY A SAMS NAILS AT WALMART!!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushcrafter- ... /121782656
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushcrafter- ... /167598852

Add it to your cart and see what happens :winking-tongue

Lol, a good one! Don't want to start a new hobby of collecting nail polishes. This knives thing has almost made me bankrupt already. Better prices though.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

KSF has some Bravo Machetes in CPM -1V in stock. I know someone here was waiting for them.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:35 am
KSF has some Bravo Machetes in CPM -1V in stock. I know someone here was waiting for them.
I think I say this every time they make a new drop, but if I didn't have so many pre-orders ready to drop I'd be all over this.

Fingers crossed, the NC EDCs are getting really close to the top of the production schedule.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Well, DLT + Bark River worked overtime to get this baby done by Christmas. Lord willing, it'll ship tomorrow with Fedex 2-Day and be here before the 25th.

It's definitely not the fanciest pre-order ever, but it's Green Canvas Micarta, so it's mine. ;-)

Green Canvas Micarta, Natural Canvas Micarta liners, Brass pins. The liners are barely visible in the pre-order pic, but I think they'll be apparent in person. Kicking myself a little for not ordering mosaic pins on this one, but that also helped keep the price reasonable at $229.00 (plus my $25 deposit I guess - would've run $254.00 without).

Also very stoked they're shipping the new Ambi sheath - I'm a big fan of horizontal carry, and was worried they'd ship with the older vertical carry sheaths.

troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

That looks good!
kobold

Post by kobold »

Lovely.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

kennethsime wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:17 pm
I think I say this every time they make a new drop, but if I didn't have so many pre-orders ready to drop I'd be all over this.

Fingers crossed, the NC EDCs are getting really close to the top of the production schedule.
EDIT - Nevermind. It was your post above where you were talking about it. I just didn't recognize the model from your picture.
--Jeremy
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

FedEx says the NC should be delivered Xmas Eve - fingers crossed!

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Sweet! I have a NCEDC in A2 with black canvas and red liners. I like it a lot and field dressed a deer with it last year. The handle is very comfortable.

It is stout enough to be a small woods knife but also small enough to edc.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 pm
Well, DLT + Bark River worked overtime to get this baby done by Christmas. Lord willing, it'll ship tomorrow with Fedex 2-Day and be here before the 25th.

It's definitely not the fanciest pre-order ever, but it's Green Canvas Micarta, so it's mine. ;-)

Green Canvas Micarta, Natural Canvas Micarta liners, Brass pins. The liners are barely visible in the pre-order pic, but I think they'll be apparent in person. Kicking myself a little for not ordering mosaic pins on this one, but that also helped keep the price reasonable at $229.00 (plus my $25 deposit I guess - would've run $254.00 without).

Also very stoked they're shipping the new Ambi sheath - I'm a big fan of horizontal carry, and was worried they'd ship with the older vertical carry sheaths.
I have always thought that one has nice lines. Green canvas micarta and brass are a classic combo.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:40 am
Sweet! I have a NCEDC in A2 with black canvas and red liners. I like it a lot and field dressed a deer with it last year. The handle is very comfortable.

It is stout enough to be a small woods knife but also small enough to edc.
Gorgeous knife Darby, thanks for sharing!

Excited to see if this displaces the other small fixed blades for EDC.

kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

The NC EDC made it in time for Christmas. I can tel I’m going to love this knife.

Here it is next to the Stretch, for comparison.

Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

A X-mas/b-day gift from me to myself...

Merry Christmas and peace.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Granoo Fink wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:04 pm
A X-mas/b-day gift from me to myself...

Merry Christmas and peace.
Nice! Is that a mini Aurora?

Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

It is, thank you. That dark brown Ziricote handle with brass pins turns out quite nice.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Granoo Fink wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:40 am
It is, thank you. That dark brown Ziricote handle with brass pins turns out quite nice.
BRK does some really beautiful work in wood. At some point I’d like to try some American walnut, desert ironwood, and spalted maple.

Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:33 am
Granoo Fink wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:40 am
BRK does some really beautiful work in wood. At some point I’d like to try some American walnut, desert ironwood, and spalted maple.

I like Desert Ironwood, too, and I'm looking at these for some time now, but when I was able to choose between Ziricote and Desert Ironwood at my preferred online shop, I switched to Ziricote in the last second and I don't regret my decision.
Anyway, one of the next knives will have a handle made of Desert Ironwood. Always a reason for the next one... 😂

Spalted Maple is really nice, too. But I think it's hard to find, at least on my side of the pond and in combination with a knife I'd like to get.
Daniel Winkler offers American Walnut, I think. It's just marked as 'Walnut' at his page. I got a SD2 a few months ago, which I had to preorder at a local online shop. Unfortunately, the guy on the phone got me wrong when he asked for the handle. Now I got it with Maple handle... bc I didn't want to wait another 7 months 😕
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Well, in case it wasn't obvious from the rest of the thread, my favorite handle material at this point is Green Canvas Micarta.

To illustrate the point, here's an updated SOTC (pardon the two LTWKs at the bottom):

I took some more comparison and in-hand pics for someone on the BRK Facebook Group, here's the Imgur album link.