LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

LSU or CLEMSON winner

LSU Tigers
71%
CLEMSON Tigers
29%

Total votes: 7

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Post by Doc Dan »

Who do you think is going to win the National Championship?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Doc I'll try to get this rolling. As I said I'm not a college fan at all. But I'll go ahead and pick LSU simply based on the high number of NFL players that come out of that system. I also had an old boss who I dearly loved that was a huge LSU fan as well. So I'll pick LSU.

Really odd in a way that both teams are the TIGERS :rolleyes:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, for me it's a 50-50 chance for each team to win.
What really blows mind, is how people can underrate Clemsom so to speake. It would not in the very least suprise me if Clemson won tonight.
That being said, I love Dabo Sweeney, but I'll be pulling for Coach O and those Bayou Bengals!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Living where I live, I have to go with Clemson. Suspect I'll hear some of my neighbors shooting off fireworks and honking horns later tonight, if Clemson wins. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I'm rooting for Clemson. Want to see that back to back championships.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Whooohooo! what a game! Tit for tat all the way.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 pm
Whooohooo! what a game! Tit for tat all the way.
Yes. They got about an equal amount a horsepower Doc :D
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think we really got to see the two best teams in the nation there. Which often isn't the case in college championships.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I sure hope that my NFL picks for this coming weekend are as good as my LSU pick this evening. I didn't watch it but my neighbor said it was an awesome college game. Again it's amazed me for some time how many guys from LSU and Alabama make it to the NFL.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

It was a great game but LSU asserted its dominance in the 2nd half.

Help me out here. Why were 1 and 3 playing and not 1 and 2?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am
It was a great game but LSU asserted its dominance in the 2nd half.

Help me out here. Why were 1 and 3 playing and not 1 and 2?
Because #3 defeated #2 and, #1 defeated #4
They have a playoff now Dan
benben

Post by benben »

I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am
I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:
He just loves being a Tiger of sorts :p

It's kind of weird how the Bengals were a pretty decent team for like 5 years straight, then just fell on their face. If AJ Green returns and is healthy, with him and Tyler Boyd they have a decent set of receivers, Joe Mixon is a pretty good running back when the offensive line can do it's job. They definitely need to draft or make moves for the offensive line. If that happens, Burrow could probably have a decent "statistical" year...who knows how that defense will be.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 am
benben wrote:

It's kind of weird how the Bengals were a pretty decent team for like 5 years straight, then just fell on their face. If AJ Green returns and is healthy, with him and Tyler Boyd they have a decent set of receivers, Joe Mixon is a pretty good running back when the offensive line can do it's job. They definitely need to draft or make moves for the offensive line. If that happens, Burrow could probably have a decent "statistical" year...who knows how that defense will be.
Who are we kidding Rick? It's a freakin disaster that the Bengals will get Burrows. The Bengals ownership is the problem.
If I were Joe Burrows, I would pull an Eli Manning stunt, and just freakin refuse to play for Cincinnati.
I'm dead serious man. I would not waste that incredible talent in Cincinnati.
Lol, I apologize Rick, I dont mean to come off so sour, or.maybe I do lol, it's just I honestly would not go to Cincinnati, if I were Joe Burrow. The NFL is a business above all else. It would be a business decision.
benben

Post by benben »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
benben wrote:

Who are we kidding Rick? It's a freakin disaster that the Bengals will get Burrows. The Bengals ownership is the problem.
If I were Joe Burrows, I would pull an Eli Manning stunt, and just freakin refuse to play for Cincinnati.
Lol, I apologize Rick, I dont mean to come off so sour, or.maybe I do lol, it's just I honestly would not go to Cincinnati, if I were Joe Burrow. The NFL is a business above all else. It would be a business decision.
Agree 100%, no way would I play for them, even if I had to sit out a year! With the stellar year he had and the exclamation point he put on his senior year last night, it would absolutely be a waste!

I hate to sound like a jerk here, but now that college football is behind him and the NFL is next, I really could care less, the NFL can suck it!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
benben wrote:

Agree 100%, no way would I play for them, even if I had to sit out a year! With the stellar year he had and the exclamation point he put on his senior year last night, it would absolutely be a waste!

I hate to sound like a jerk here, but now that college football is behind him and the NFL is next, I really could care less, the NFL can suck it!
Exactly.
And, Burrow, is a helluva lot better college QB than Eli ever was!
Joe Burrow has the star power to pull it off. I hope he has a good inner circle.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Well LSU showed they were better. Props to them.
Clemson was a good cornerback and a crew of Pac12 officials away from winning this one.
Seriously I haven't seen cornerbacks get beaten that badly, that often in a long time.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:16 pm
Well LSU showed they were better. Props to them.
Clemson was a good cornerback and a crew of Pac12 officials away from winning this one.
Seriously I haven't seen cornerbacks get beaten that badly, that often in a long time.
Lol, you must not have seen the LSU - Oklahoma game
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm
You're right. I recorded the Oklahoma game and watched the Clemson Ohio State game.
I heard the LSU final score and just jumped forward through the game watching the score go up like a pinball machine.

Would be nice to draft one of those LSU receivers. Higgins wouldn't be bad either.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:10 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm
You're right. I recorded the Oklahoma game and watched the Clemson Ohio State game.
I heard the LSU final score and just jumped forward through the game watching the score go up like a pinball machine.

Would be nice to draft one of those LSU receivers. Higgins wouldn't be bad either.
I agree. Some very good athletes from both teams.