LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

LSU or CLEMSON winner

LSU Tigers
5
71%
CLEMSON Tigers
2
29%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 8154
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 am

Who do you think is going to win the National Championship?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17655
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby JD Spydo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:55 am

Well Doc I'll try to get this rolling. As I said I'm not a college fan at all. But I'll go ahead and pick LSU simply based on the high number of NFL players that come out of that system. I also had an old boss who I dearly loved that was a huge LSU fan as well. So I'll pick LSU.

Really odd in a way that both teams are the TIGERS :rolleyes:

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Well, for me it's a 50-50 chance for each team to win.
What really blows mind, is how people can underrate Clemsom so to speake. It would not in the very least suprise me if Clemson won tonight.
That being said, I love Dabo Sweeney, but I'll be pulling for Coach O and those Bayou Bengals!

User avatar
The Deacon
Member
Posts: 25087
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Upstate SC, USA
Contact:

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby The Deacon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Living where I live, I have to go with Clemson. Suspect I'll hear some of my neighbors shooting off fireworks and honking horns later tonight, if Clemson wins. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

User avatar
shunsui
Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby shunsui » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 pm

I'm rooting for Clemson. Want to see that back to back championships.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 8154
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Whooohooo! what a game! Tit for tat all the way.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 pm
Whooohooo! what a game! Tit for tat all the way.
Yes. They got about an equal amount a horsepower Doc :D

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3596
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby TomAiello » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:11 am

I think we really got to see the two best teams in the nation there. Which often isn't the case in college championships.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17655
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby JD Spydo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:29 am

Well I sure hope that my NFL picks for this coming weekend are as good as my LSU pick this evening. I didn't watch it but my neighbor said it was an awesome college game. Again it's amazed me for some time how many guys from LSU and Alabama make it to the NFL.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 8154
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby Doc Dan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am

It was a great game but LSU asserted its dominance in the 2nd half.

Help me out here. Why were 1 and 3 playing and not 1 and 2?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:01 am

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am
It was a great game but LSU asserted its dominance in the 2nd half.

Help me out here. Why were 1 and 3 playing and not 1 and 2?
Because #3 defeated #2 and, #1 defeated #4
They have a playoff now Dan

benben
Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina.

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby benben » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am

I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby TkoK83Spy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 am

benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am
I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:
He just loves being a Tiger of sorts :p

It's kind of weird how the Bengals were a pretty decent team for like 5 years straight, then just fell on their face. If AJ Green returns and is healthy, with him and Tyler Boyd they have a decent set of receivers, Joe Mixon is a pretty good running back when the offensive line can do it's job. They definitely need to draft or make moves for the offensive line. If that happens, Burrow could probably have a decent "statistical" year...who knows how that defense will be.
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 am
benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am
I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:
He just loves being a Tiger of sorts :p

It's kind of weird how the Bengals were a pretty decent team for like 5 years straight, then just fell on their face. If AJ Green returns and is healthy, with him and Tyler Boyd they have a decent set of receivers, Joe Mixon is a pretty good running back when the offensive line can do it's job. They definitely need to draft or make moves for the offensive line. If that happens, Burrow could probably have a decent "statistical" year...who knows how that defense will be.
Who are we kidding Rick? It's a freakin disaster that the Bengals will get Burrows. The Bengals ownership is the problem.
If I were Joe Burrows, I would pull an Eli Manning stunt, and just freakin refuse to play for Cincinnati.
I'm dead serious man. I would not waste that incredible talent in Cincinnati.
Lol, I apologize Rick, I dont mean to come off so sour, or.maybe I do lol, it's just I honestly would not go to Cincinnati, if I were Joe Burrow. The NFL is a business above all else. It would be a business decision.

benben
Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina.

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby benben » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 am

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 am
benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am
I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:
He just loves being a Tiger of sorts :p

It's kind of weird how the Bengals were a pretty decent team for like 5 years straight, then just fell on their face. If AJ Green returns and is healthy, with him and Tyler Boyd they have a decent set of receivers, Joe Mixon is a pretty good running back when the offensive line can do it's job. They definitely need to draft or make moves for the offensive line. If that happens, Burrow could probably have a decent "statistical" year...who knows how that defense will be.
Who are we kidding Rick? It's a freakin disaster that the Bengals will get Burrows. The Bengals ownership is the problem.
If I were Joe Burrows, I would pull an Eli Manning stunt, and just freakin refuse to play for Cincinnati.
I'm dead serious man. I would not waste that incredible talent in Cincinnati.
Lol, I apologize Rick, I dont mean to come off so sour, or.maybe I do lol, it's just I honestly would not go to Cincinnati, if I were Joe Burrow. The NFL is a business above all else. It would be a business decision.
Agree 100%, no way would I play for them, even if I had to sit out a year! With the stellar year he had and the exclamation point he put on his senior year last night, it would absolutely be a waste!

I hate to sound like a jerk here, but now that college football is behind him and the NFL is next, I really could care less, the NFL can suck it!

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 am

benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 am
benben wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am
I was definitely pulling for Clemson.......the best team won! LSU dominated every facet of last nights game, and we got to see the best QB in college football just show out last night! Joe Burrow's stock went through the roof, too bad he's going to be drafted number 1 by the Bengals! :eek:
He just loves being a Tiger of sorts :p

It's kind of weird how the Bengals were a pretty decent team for like 5 years straight, then just fell on their face. If AJ Green returns and is healthy, with him and Tyler Boyd they have a decent set of receivers, Joe Mixon is a pretty good running back when the offensive line can do it's job. They definitely need to draft or make moves for the offensive line. If that happens, Burrow could probably have a decent "statistical" year...who knows how that defense will be.
Who are we kidding Rick? It's a freakin disaster that the Bengals will get Burrows. The Bengals ownership is the problem.
If I were Joe Burrows, I would pull an Eli Manning stunt, and just freakin refuse to play for Cincinnati.
I'm dead serious man. I would not waste that incredible talent in Cincinnati.
Lol, I apologize Rick, I dont mean to come off so sour, or.maybe I do lol, it's just I honestly would not go to Cincinnati, if I were Joe Burrow. The NFL is a business above all else. It would be a business decision.
Agree 100%, no way would I play for them, even if I had to sit out a year! With the stellar year he had and the exclamation point he put on his senior year last night, it would absolutely be a waste!

I hate to sound like a jerk here, but now that college football is behind him and the NFL is next, I really could care less, the NFL can suck it!
Exactly.
And, Burrow, is a helluva lot better college QB than Eli ever was!
Joe Burrow has the star power to pull it off. I hope he has a good inner circle.

User avatar
shunsui
Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby shunsui » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Well LSU showed they were better. Props to them.
Clemson was a good cornerback and a crew of Pac12 officials away from winning this one.
Seriously I haven't seen cornerbacks get beaten that badly, that often in a long time.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm

shunsui wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:16 pm
Well LSU showed they were better. Props to them.
Clemson was a good cornerback and a crew of Pac12 officials away from winning this one.
Seriously I haven't seen cornerbacks get beaten that badly, that often in a long time.
Lol, you must not have seen the LSU - Oklahoma game

User avatar
shunsui
Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby shunsui » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:10 am

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Lol, you must not have seen the LSU - Oklahoma game
You're right. I recorded the Oklahoma game and watched the Clemson Ohio State game.
I heard the LSU final score and just jumped forward through the game watching the score go up like a pinball machine.

Would be nice to draft one of those LSU receivers. Higgins wouldn't be bad either.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5645
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: LSU or CLEMSON? Tiger vs Tiger

Postby MacLaren » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:07 am

shunsui wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:10 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Lol, you must not have seen the LSU - Oklahoma game
You're right. I recorded the Oklahoma game and watched the Clemson Ohio State game.
I heard the LSU final score and just jumped forward through the game watching the score go up like a pinball machine.

Would be nice to draft one of those LSU receivers. Higgins wouldn't be bad either.
I agree. Some very good athletes from both teams.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], TkoK83Spy and 6 guests