Any dog lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bjz

Re: Any dog lovers?

Post by bjz »

This is Cody, my best adventure buddy! When I adopted him, he had spent the first 5+ years of his life in a house that didn’t socialize him, didn’t exercise him, rarely let him outside and fed him a junk diet. He had never stepped foot in a forest, on the beach, had never swam or romped in snow. He had no idea what he was getting into with me!

max808

Post by max808 »

RevMike wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Giving this thread a bump since I recently noticed it mentioned somewhere and because dogs rule.
Miniature Pinscher in a gator suit.

Yes Sir, because dogs rule.

Love the Pinscher cutie, a proud member of the Pinscher/Doberman/Rottweiler lineage...

And congratulations on your amazing steel collection!
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Yesterday, on cable, we were watching the AKC National Agility Dog Championship.

The competition ranges from lil tiny dogs up through full size dogs. Some of the small dogs just fly!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
z1r

Post by z1r »

I wouldn't call myself a "Dog Lover", but I love my dog Tank!

Poor guy got in a scuffle with something in the backyard a month ago and almost lost one of the pads on his paw. A month later and it's still got a way to go. It was touch and go or the first two weeks. The Vet was worried about having to amputate. It's hard to keep a dog off his feet and the stitches just wouldn't hold. Infection set in despite every other day vet visits for bandage changes. The bandage is finally off, but the wound isn't completely healed yet. Needless to say, outside time is limited to just those times when he HAS to go. It's killing him, Spring is rabbit season here and the bunnies are all over the yard. He started to give chase today on one of his potty breaks. So, clearly he is feeling better but the paw still hasn't closed completely and could easily reopen. Sad to say, he'll be on a leash from here on out til it is completely healed. Anyway, that's Tank's story of woe!

Oh, he approves of Spydercos and good beer in horn tankards!

Last edited by z1r on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Glen of Imaal Terrier

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Bad rug camo Cardigan Corgi.

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

bjz wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:07 am
This is Cody, my best adventure buddy! When I adopted him, he had spent the first 5+ years of his life in a house that didn’t socialize him, didn’t exercise him, rarely let him outside and fed him a junk diet. He had never stepped foot in a forest, on the beach, had never swam or romped in snow. He had no idea what he was getting into with me!

Good on you! Those dogs live to work, keeping them locked up is akin to torture.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
bjz

Post by bjz »

^seriously! He sleeps most the time these days, but he’s also 12. That being said, all those pics were from the last couple weeks.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My wife just sent me this one...

She's checking in on our next door neighbors cats for them while their away. She came back home and evidently smelled like kitties...clearly her "hunny bunzz" is NOT impressed! I know I'll be the favorite later :hugging-face
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:24 am

She's checking in on our next door neighbors cats for them while their away. She came back home and evidently smelled like kitties...clearly her "hunny bunzz" is NOT impressed! I know I'll be the favorite later :hugging-face
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
max808

Post by max808 »

Aaah the joys of an early morning workout. All about that good life...
lilguychillinballsout001.jpg
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

The first one is called Frank he was waiting in the shelter for more then year and a half to get a new home. He has bin abused and is full of scars and has a badly healed tail ( got broken i guess) he is a real sweetheart he is so happy when we come home from work he wont leave our side for even a second. He is like a son to me. The other one is called Ramses he is piece of work. He is sweet but he loves to bite stuff when you look to another side for just a second. 😋 They changed our lives since there with us greyhounds are such a joy to have.
But it is so sad to see all the abuse so many of them go true just to be killed or tost away like garbage because they could not keep up anymore for the hunt or the races. :worried
If i was rich i would buy a mansion with a giant yard and save as much of them as i could. :-||
But since i am not im glad we gave these 2 little guys a new home. :open-grin
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:47 pm

The first one is called Frank he was waiting in the shelter for more then year and a half to get a new home. He has bin abused and is full of scars and has a badly healed tail ( got broken i guess) he is a real sweetheart he is so happy when we come home from work he wont leave our side for even a second. He is like a son to me. The other one is called Ramses he is piece of work. He is sweet but he loves to bite stuff when you look to another side for just a second. 😋 They changed our lives since there with us greyhounds are such a joy to have.
But it is so sad to see all the abuse so many of them go true just to be killed or tost away like garbage because they could not keep up anymore for the hunt or the races. :worried
If i was rich i would buy a mansion with a giant yard and save as much of them as i could. :-||
But since i am not im glad we gave these 2 little guys a new home. :open-grin
Check page 7 . My sister has a breed from Belgium which is her second . Also pictures of some of daughters dogs .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:35 pm
Check page 7 . My sister has a breed from Belgium which is her second . Also pictures of some of daughters dogs .
Lovely doggys :grin-big eyes
A Bouvier is a very loyal breed also a fine guard dog. He looks very healthy and happy :beaming-face
Funny thing is you do not see them very much in Belgium.
For some reason most people here buy staffords but are not really able to train them well so they are dumpt in the pound because they have bitten kids or something. Makes me very mad :steam-nose
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I love them ! They are very sweet if socialized early . I went to my nieces wedding in Alaska and fell in love it their first Bouvier . First night I was laying in bed and felt a wet nose on my face ,,I petted her and up she jumped and slept by me every night until I flew home . When my nephew was born she would lay by his bed while he slept . She thrives in the weather in Alaska but they have to be careful if Moose come through in yard that’s a little too big for her to chase out of yard ! Ha !
Henry David Thoreau
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I love seeing this thread get refreshed! Dogs always make your day better. Thanks for sharing everyone! :open-grin
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
z1r

Post by z1r »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:43 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:24 am

We hold my Gun Club's month BOD meeting in that facility. New signs every week.

Update on my Boi, he didn't lose his toe!!! yay. The nail is till jacked but does seem to be getting better but it is doubtful it will ever get back to "normal". Poor guy spent more than a month in the cone of shame.

He still doesn't like having his picture took! Lol!

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

That is so cool ! I am terrible about puns . I bet that club is fantastic . Thank you for sharing . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

last year
IMG_20220515_104855_050.jpg
now
IMG_20220515_104853_592.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
max808

Post by max808 »

Makunochimaster wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:56 am
last year
IMG_20220515_104855_050.jpg
now
IMG_20220515_104853_592.jpg
What a total cutie! Congratulations and good luck raising that gorgeous pooch.