Any dog lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Any dog lovers?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

A very handsome man :smiling-cheeks

This dog gets kissed more by my wife in a week than I get in a year...I would probably bet money on that haha!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
max808

Post by max808 »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:26 pm
max808 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:36 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 pm
Definitely one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever met.. but he focused all of that intelligence into being a stubborn little @sshole.
LOL!
The picture speaks a thousand words.
You Sir are a comedian, thanks for cheering up my rather sh!tty day.
Hahah, yes! Your quoting this almost a year after the fact has definitely cheered up my day! Crazy to think that Buster has been gone about 4 years now.. he was the man!

Dogs are the best! :grin-big eyes
Happy to oblige Sir, love the USS Buster! In honor of my eldest turning 9 last week, here he is in better days...
patermaximus.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

^ Aww! Nap time haha! I never get tired of seeing dog pics.. hbd to your pup! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
max808

Post by max808 »

DSH007 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:24 pm
^ Aww! Nap time haha! I never get tired of seeing dog pics.. hbd to your pup! :)
Thank you Sir, will pass the message on! And sorry for your loss, it's about that time I start preparing for one of those again.
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

max808 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:54 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Thank you Sir, will pass the message on! And sorry for your loss, it's about that time I start preparing for one of those again.
Definitely never an easy thing.. time helps.. and pictures. Take a lot of pictures.

I always have a good laugh looking through old pictures.. finding the "USS Buster" the other night was a treat!

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
max808

Post by max808 »

DSH007 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:51 pm
max808 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:54 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Definitely never an easy thing.. time helps.. and pictures. Take a lot of pictures.

I always have a good laugh looking through old pictures.. finding the "USS Buster" the other night was a treat!

Good advise Sir, it's about the only thing I ever take pictures of. Your original picture of Buster I quoted cracked me up so bad I couldn't stop laughing. The mischief in his eyes reminds me so much of my lil guy and your quote made it extra hilarious. Been through a bit of a rough patch but this thread never fails to put a smile on my face.
dampmaximus.jpg
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Father, mother and son. The boys on the outside are long-haired, Mom is short-haired. They are white German Shepherds.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
benben

Post by benben »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:25 am
A very handsome man :smiling-cheeks

This dog gets kissed more by my wife in a week than I get in a year...I would probably bet money on that haha!

My entire family got a kick out of this pic…..and your comment!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

He's a pretty great dog, besides he doesn't really listen well when food is around. He's a rescue we've had for 7 years now, vet thinks he's probably around 9 now.

People get a kick out of it when I tell them I have a Pug/Jack Russell mix...because yes, that's a weird combo haha! Cherry in top is his underbite, OBVIOUSLY. Big hit around our neighborhood too haha.

He's got that cuddly side of a Pug, and the wild man of the Jack Russell that was a lot of fun when he was younger. Run around like a lunatic for no reason, with nowhere to go. The zoomies were intense with this one!

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:50 am
He's a pretty great dog, besides he doesn't really listen well when food is around. He's a rescue we've had for 7 years now, vet thinks he's probably around 9 now.

People get a kick out of it when I tell them I have a Pug/Jack Russell mix...because yes, that's a weird combo haha! Cherry in top is his underbite, OBVIOUSLY. Big hit around our neighborhood too haha.

He's got that cuddly side of a Pug, and the wild man of the Jack Russell that was a lot of fun when he was younger. Run around like a lunatic for no reason, with nowhere to go. The zoomies were intense with this one!
Nice dog , good friend had Jack Russell and he was a hoot to be around . Dave had quite a bit of yard and a bit of timber , dog keep the area free of anything that ventured into the yard . Dave had a life jacket for him fishing that saved him more than once .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:50 am

That's awesome! The zoomies. My Boarder Terrier gets the zoomies inside everytime he comes in from using the restroom. I guess he enjoys an audience when he is running around like mad. He is 4, but we still have to congratulate him for using the restroom because he is obviously excited.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Winter time zoomies a couple years ago!

-Rick
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
max808

Post by max808 »

My moms insisted my eldest spend his last weeks at her house so I took DSH007's advice and must've snapped a hundred pics out in the yard...
maximuszilony.jpg
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Giving this thread a bump since I recently noticed it mentioned somewhere and because dogs rule.
Miniature Pinscher in a gator suit.

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Mike, love the gator suit!

Bentley had a long week at the cousins.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:48 pm

Met my first Border Terrier last week. What a fine fellow he was, but then I’m a sap for dogs in general, and for terriers especially. A pair of young Cairns owns us at the moment, and now I have a new granddog.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:03 pm
JSumm wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:48 pm

Met my first Border Terrier last week. What a fine fellow he was, but then I’m a sap for dogs in general, and for terriers especially. A pair of young Cairns owns us at the moment, and now I have a new granddog.
They are an interesting breed. They were originally bred to chase a fox down a tunnel and pull them out. They are strong tug-of-war players. Some of the longest canines. Their skin is so thick, you can pick them up by it without hurting them. Bred for fox bites. They are as sweet as can be and pretty calm.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Dog enjoying a quick swim whenever we go for a walk

As a pup
Found this bone at the beach and carried it the whole way home even the short ride in the car. (Had to run the gauntlet with 20 or so other dogs on the beach on the way home also)

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.