Any dog lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Harlista

Re: Any dog lovers?

Post by Harlista »

Me and my wife have a pair of doggos instead of kids. She has always had long haired dogs like german shepherds and huskys. I never liked long hair dogs, but she came as a package. Right now we have a german shepherd and a staffie, not sure what kind but shes slim and lean with long legs. I consider myself lucky they are mostly have a calm demeanor, we are even able to take them to dog friendly restaraunts with us.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

We have 3 Goldendoodle's. 2 are actually black.
As many know a Goldendoodle will pick his or her human. Pepper is our male Goldendoodle and I'm his human. Pepper is also our oldest. He's 5. Pepper is a big boy and weighs between 85-90 pounds.
Next is Chloe and her human is my daughter Alyssa. Lol, Chloe is very possessive of Alyssa too. She gets pretty jealous if Pepper or Abby get around Alyssa while Alyssa is petting Chloe. Chloe, although 100% Goldendoodle, doesn't look like it because she has what's called the ICG gene. It can happen to 50-50 Goldendoodle's. So, Chloe being a 50-50 Goldendoodle her father being 100% Standard Poodle and her mother being 100% Golden Retriever - Chloe got the ICG gene which stands for Improper Coat Gene. But, it's never bothered us one bit. The wife and I were a little upset once it became apparent, because you can't really tell when they're a pup. But, like Alyssa said, Chloe has a "Fancy Coat" - how can ya argue with that. Chloe weighs about 55-60 pounds.
And lastly we have Abby. The quintessential Goldendoodle and my wife is her human. Abby weighs about 35 pounds but acts like she's 235 pounds lol
Here's a pic we did for Christmas- we couldn't talk Chloe into wearing the little hat that went with her Christmas attire - Pepper, Chloe & Abby
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Great looking dogs Mac! I like the ICG, makes her standout from the pack
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:03 pm
Great looking dogs Mac! I like the ICG, makes her standout from the pack
Thanks SG89! ☺
You would love Chloe in person too, she's the funniest too.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

This is Brandy, a 3-month old pup my children gave me for Christmas.
A rescue of questionable breeding, but unquestionable lovability.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
max808

Post by max808 »

The lil guy is on point...
alert.jpg
Here's a more expressionist take...
lilguy.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

We have a male boxer, he is very head strong and black which is rare. The black is actually sealed brindle and in sunlight you can see the brown under coat. No clue how to post a picture here so I will link the breeder’s web page. He is the third boxer I have owned and the smartest by a mile. Very protective of my boys, in fact he gets agitated when I wrestle with my son who is a folkstyle wrestler. He is scary looking but a lover at heart

https://riverlaneblackboxers.com/
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Brindle is my favorite color.

Ginger is a rescue of uncertain pedigree.
She rescued me a year ago.
I've been told that her conformation is consistent
with that of a Tennessee Treeing Brindle,
a type of Mountain Cur.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The wide yellow collar on Ginger
is a tryfi.com tracking collar.
This hound dog likes to roam
and being the irresponsible pet owner that I am
I can not bear to keep her fenced in.

Here is a little jaunt she made yesterday
accompanying me as I drove and checked cattle.

Full disclosure: I have no association with tryfi.com
other than being an enthusiastic owner of their tracking collars.
The collar uses a base/charging station with wifi and bluetooth,
your smartphone with an LTE-M cellular account and GPS.
The cellular account is $99 a year but well worth it in my view.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:06 am
Brindle is my favorite color.

Ginger is a rescue of uncertain pedigree.
She rescued me a year ago.
I've been told that her conformation is consistent
with that of a Tennessee Treeing Brindle,
a type of Mountain Cur.

When I hear brindle and hound I think Plott Hound, official State dog of NC. My friend in NC says they’re slow for deer hunting, but they look cool
James Y

Post by James Y »

When I was a kid, we had an Australian shepherd/border collie mix my sister named Buffy, who lived for 10 years. Buffy was the only dog I’ve ever had, and was one of the gentlest dogs I’ve ever met.

My brother and his wife had a Rottweiler named Thor several years ago. I liked him, too. He was scary to strangers, but was like a big kid to family. He only lived about 8 years, though.

I feel the same about dogs as I do people. Meaning I’ve loved some dogs; I’ve liked others; and there are other dogs I’ve strongly disliked. I see them as individuals. It depends on the individual dog as to whether I love or like them or not.

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

Aaah... all about that good life...
lilguychillin.jpg
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

max808 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:47 am

lilguychillin.jpg
Doesn’t get much better than that ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
max808

Post by max808 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:19 am
max808 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:47 am

lilguychillin.jpg
Doesn’t get much better than that ! MG2
Thanks for the support Sir... a dog's life is pretty sweet around here.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Miss my German Shepard , his name was Sarge . Love dogs and cats . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
FearDoiteain

Post by FearDoiteain »

Several years ago, my wife and I decided to look at getting a dog. I wanted a German Shepherd, she wanted a pug. So, we compromised and got a pug.

Owner of ~15 Spydies, ~15 Benchmades, 4 ZTs, and a smattering of Kershaw, Cold Steel and other knives, plus a Large Sebenza 31 in Bog Oak and a Spartan Harsey Folder Plague Doctor. And Shhh! don't tell my wife I have that many!!! :winking-tongue
max808

Post by max808 »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 pm
Definitely one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever met.. but he focused all of that intelligence into being a stubborn little @sshole.
LOL!
The picture speaks a thousand words.
You Sir are a comedian, thanks for cheering up my rather sh!tty day.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

max808 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:36 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 pm
Definitely one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever met.. but he focused all of that intelligence into being a stubborn little @sshole.
LOL!
The picture speaks a thousand words.
You Sir are a comedian, thanks for cheering up my rather sh!tty day.
Hahah, yes! Your quoting this almost a year after the fact has definitely cheered up my day! Crazy to think that Buster has been gone about 4 years now.. he was the man!

Dogs are the best! :grin-big eyes
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Just found this thread and enjoyed seeing everyone’s dogs. Love my dogs too. I have two.

“Ranger” (he’s the first part of my username)
He’s a Boykin Spaniel

And “Joy”
She’s 75% Boykin Spaniel and a 25% mix of border collie and aussie.

They are quite the pair. Tons of energy and personality.

They’ve really been enjoying the snow lately!

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Dogs are the best people.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001