Any dog lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kennethsime

Re: Any dog lovers?

Post by kennethsime »

Been a while since I posted here.

Tallulah is still living her best life, though her appetite for both plays + treats always seems insatiable.

I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:28 pm
This little boy still doesn’t have a name. He’s still just Pup.
Warms my heart every time I see Pup ! I’m sure a name will pop up ! Side note , I got to meet PStones Bassett Hound puppy about a week and a half ago named Millie . That pup is another another heartbreaker , sweet as could be , it was a joy to see her first hand . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:04 pm
Our Patty(deceased 2018) and Mikey(deceased 2021) have been gone a while. They were both Bichon Frisé.

I was their partner on walks every day. Great dogs and some day we will have more.
I bump into a Bichon and his owner from time to time on walkies, they seem to have very similar traits and quirks :)
So apparently the Bichon is strong in the Cavachon.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
max808

Post by max808 »

troutinCO wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:31 pm
He wore himself out being off leash and we did a longer hike too at a fast pace.
GABESACK-RS.jpg
This picture makes me wanna lay down next to him and cuddle, it's so adorable.
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
max808

Post by max808 »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:19 pm
Been a while since I posted here.

Tallulah is still living her best life, though her appetite for both plays + treats always seems insatiable.

Beautiful shepherd, is it just me or does she have some Siberian husky in her?
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

max808 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:36 am
Bingo! We haven't done a DNA test yet but we're pretty sure that's the mix. Waiting for Embark to go on sale again.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:54 am
max808 wrote:
Bingo! We haven't done a DNA test yet but we're pretty sure that's the mix. Waiting for Embark to go on sale again.
My wife actually did an Ancestry thing...for our dog haha! He's a few different things, primarily Pug and Jack Russell Terrier.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

kennethsime wrote:
max808 wrote:
Great looking dog , and looks so happy ! Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:34 am
Naperville wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:04 pm
Our Patty(deceased 2018) and Mikey(deceased 2021) have been gone a while. They were both Bichon Frisé.

I was their partner on walks every day. Great dogs and some day we will have more.
I bump into a Bichon and his owner from time to time on walkies, they seem to have very similar traits and quirks :)
So apparently the Bichon is strong in the Cavachon.
The Bichons are so friendly, so full of love. If you've had a dozen different dogs, this will stand out.

I walked the dogs every day after I moved back home and they got to meet many dogs and people.

Some dogs are so out of control, and they pull their owners all over the place so that they can get close to take a bite out of a neighbors dog.

It was Summer, Patty had passed and I was walking Mikey alone. The kids were running around marveling at the tiny dog and along came one of the parents with some huge 125+ lb dog....barking, scratching at the ground, pulling at the leash, doing everything that he could to get at Mikey. Mikey just stood there watching the dog. Not a mean bone in his body. He was not shaking and stood there alert and watching the other dog. I didn't move because I did not want to cause any issue.

Kids do not need to be around a vicious dog while they are growing up. If everyone in the house is over 18 and capable of putting down a wild dog, then fine, get the large dog. Think of your children and your wife.

I've had large dogs, pit bulls, German shepherds, and they were well trained or out they went. I would not put up with the out of control bit that they pull. We put down one dog for going after a neighbors dog. I've been there and felt the shame of having "that dog."

If you have a large dog for security then you should also have a concealed carry, wear your firearm, and have a backup weapon like a pocket knife to pry your dog off a neighbors dog when the unthinkable happens. I am a fan of security to the nth degree, but not out of control dogs of any stripe.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:14 pm
SG89 wrote:
Warms my heart every time I see Pup ! I’m sure a name will pop up ! Side note , I got to meet PStones Bassett Hound puppy about a week and a half ago named Millie . That pup is another another heartbreaker , sweet as could be , it was a joy to see her first hand . Dan
I see that young lad as a William....but, called Willie. 😃
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:04 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:14 pm
SG89 wrote:
I see that young lad as a William....but, called Willie. 😃
Sorry SG89 , please consider the source :zipper . I was thinking Thumper myself ! I bet his tail thumps laying looking up to you 24 / 7 . ;)
Henry David Thoreau
max808

Post by max808 »

kennethsime wrote:
max808 wrote:
Gorgeous pooch, a strong German workdog mixed with basically a Siberian wolf can only result in great things!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

max808 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:41 pm
Gorgeous pooch, a strong German workdog mixed with basically a Siberian wolf can only result in great things!
She is simultaneously the smartest, sweetest, and most loyal + protective dog I've ever had. They can be a lot of work, but are 100% worth it.

cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I'd take one in a heartbeat.
max808

Post by max808 »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:18 pm
max808 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:41 pm
She is simultaneously the smartest, sweetest, and most loyal + protective dog I've ever had. They can be a lot of work, but are 100% worth it.
The look in her eyes moved me to the core so I took the liberty of zooming and reposting. You are blessed to have such a noble companion in the family. No doubt in my mind she will do whatever it takes to keep the pack safe!
:wolf :wolf :wolf :wolf :wolf :wolf :wolf
Tallulahberserk001.jpg
In case anyone is looking for an interesting documentary, Seawolfs of the North Pacific just premiered on Netflix and comes highly recommended. These are Cedar and her pups...
seawolfcedar006.jpg
seawolfcedarlitterden001.jpg
seawolfcedarpups001.jpg
seawolfcedarpups002.jpg
seawolfcedarpups004.jpg
seawolfcedarpups005.jpg
seawolfcedarpups007.jpg
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

50E49BBD-DDDF-46B4-B568-2A97F70902A9.jpeg
Here’s my avatar, now grown up.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Olive and Pup love the bounce house. Image
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

max808 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:33 pm
The look in her eyes moved me to the core so I took the liberty of zooming and reposting. You are blessed to have such a noble companion in the family. No doubt in my mind she will do whatever it takes to keep the pack safe!

In case anyone is looking for an interesting documentary, Seawolfs of the North Pacific just premiered on Netflix and comes highly recommended. These are Cedar and her pups...
We definitely feel blessed!

Man, that was a great documentary! We watched it last night on your recommendation. I hope they come out with a few more episodes!

max808

Post by max808 »

kennethsime wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:48 pm
max808 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:33 pm

We definitely feel blessed!

Man, that was a great documentary! We watched it last night on your recommendation. I hope they come out with a few more episodes!
Glad you liked it and thank you for following up on my recommendation. I actually cried like a lil girl when the pups came out of their den for the first time. Miss you Max, rest in peace my boy.
max808

Post by max808 »

cederpups808.jpg