Any dog lovers?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ruger95

Re: Any dog lovers?

Post by ruger95 »

Stubby I've gotten him from a shelter when he was three.

benben

Post by benben »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:58 am
There are two types of people in this world, dog lovers and people I don’t trust.
Darby, just seeing this, I'm stealing this line! Might even print it on a shirt, no truer words ever spoken!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

benben wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:25 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
There are two types of people in this world, dog lovers and people I don’t trust.
Darby, just seeing this, I'm stealing this line! Might even print it on a shirt, no truer words ever spoken!
Totally agree fellas!! No shame in my game...I love this little guy!! Stole my spot on the couch the other night when I got up...so I sat on the floor because he was so comfy and groany haha.

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
benben

Post by benben »

67E4F8A5-76CC-411B-BB1C-E9A66C51A27C.jpeg
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:39 am
benben wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Totally agree fellas!! No shame in my game...I love this little guy!! Stole my spot on the couch the other night when I got up...so I sat on the floor because he was so comfy and groany haha.

Ha, no words needed for that pic! Every night after the wife and kids have gone to bed (especially right now with the MLB playoffs on) I sit on the floor in front of the couch and Josie, my Wirehaired Pointer curls up next to me with her head in my lap, it's our thing!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Gus*. Hard to believe he is already over 6 years old.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 4.03.21 PM.jpg

*Wife named him Gus Gus after the mouse in Cinderella. He also answers to Goofball.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
attila

Post by attila »

All of these puppy pictures are reminding me of how much I miss having a dog. I grew up with several, and being Hungarian, we had those breeds as well. First was a black Puli named Cricket (Tücsök), and was already around before I was born. Much to my dismay, he was put down in 1994, when I was visiting my grandparents in CA with my oldest brother. It was very upsetting as a kid to come home to the news that I can’t say good bye to my first furry best friend. >:[ :crying-face

Between that and when I moved out, we dog-sat a Giant Schnauzer for a long while, then got a Komondor puppy, rescued an Amstaff from my a$$hat ex-brother-in-law, and that Amstaff’s son (knocked up my brothers German Shepard-Chow mix). We had two litters born in my house due to my brother’s dog getting taken advantage of, but we didn’t mind all the little ones. We gave most of them away to good homes. We kept one from the first litter and my oldest brother kept one from the second.

Since then, my dad has gotten another Komondor and adopted my sister’s tiny part-Pomeranian fluff ball.

Unfortunately, I have been without a pup of my own since the mid 2000s.

We now have a couple of cats that desperately needed a home 8.5 years ago. They both like to lay next to or on my lap similarly to how a puppy would, and serve as a regular reminder that I still want a dog. So, we’re definitely dog people still, but I do love my kitties too. (Don’t worry, I won’t spoil this puppy thread with cat pictures. Hahahaha)
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
max808

Post by max808 »

attila wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:32 pm
So, we’re definitely dog people still, but I do love my kitties too. (Don’t worry, I won’t spoil this puppy thread with cat pictures. Hahahaha)
I think most dog lovers have a bit of a soft spot for kitties too but just won't go out of their way to make that known, so thank you for sharing Attila. The days of cat vs dog are finally behind us it seems...
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

benben wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:07 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
benben wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Ha, no words needed for that pic! Every night after the wife and kids have gone to bed (especially right now with the MLB playoffs on) I sit on the floor in front of the couch and Josie, my Wirehaired Pointer curls up next to me with her head in my lap, it's our thing!
That's a great looking wirehair! I've always wanted to get one! I currently have a 1 year old female black lab who will be going duck hunting with me for the first time ever this morning!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
benben

Post by benben »

SpyderLine wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 am
benben wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:07 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
benben wrote:

That's a great looking wirehair! I've always wanted to get one! I currently have a 1 year old female black lab who will be going duck hunting with me for the first time ever this morning!
Josie is 8 now, still thin and very athletic but she’s definitely slowing down a little, she loves her naps! The breeder we got her from is a huge duck hunter, he always used Labs but wanted to start using a pointer style hunting dog also. Him and his wife researched Wirehaired Pointers and took the dive, they only breed Labs ($2500+) and Wirehairs. Josie’s mom was a National obedience champion, Josie is…..not! ;)

Josie’s mom is the best salesperson dog I’ve ever seen, when we first arrived to look at the pups the woman who runs the kennel told me to pull my hand out of my pocket like a gun and shoot the dog, I thought that was strange but I did it, she immediately fell to the ground legs up and played dead, pretty hilarious! Then 10 minutes later she rounded up probably 30 sheep and drove them up a ramp and into a barn, I was more than impressed! And still, Josie is not her mom! But she’s the best family dog you can imagine, big personality!
max808

Post by max808 »

Finally the elusive hellhound caught on tape! Legend has it he comes out before dawn to prey on the local hedgehog population...
hellhound.jpg
This is a flash of his unholy offspring. :winking-tongue
maximusflash.jpg
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageDaughter Jo coming over to see us .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

My 2 fellows, Gaberiel Landeskog and Bad bad Leroy Brown. Leroy is 13.5 years old and Gabe is almost 4 years old.
CAR SHOW (2)rs.jpg
Bid Walk Poodlesrs.jpg
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image New addition to daughter Stacy family Ozzie with Molly
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

He wants to play, but I need to work.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

We got a new puppy two weeks ago!
Josh
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:18 pm
We got a new puppy two weeks ago!
Oh my gosh! Sleeping puppies!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
max808

Post by max808 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:33 am
ImageDaughter Jo coming over to see us .
I thought she was wearing a lil backpack with a picture of a dog on it, then I zoomed in and noticed it's actually a lil pooch sticking out :smiling-heart-eyes
Sooo cute!
Have a great time y'all.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageChaya , Bouvier des Flanders . Sister’s dog in Wasilla AK. It’s her second of this breed great dogs .
Henry David Thoreau
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

I'm a massive Boerboel lover!
Had three, my daughter just brought her new pup today.
These are my kind of breed. Not an easy breed for beginners but one's they are trained they are the best ( for me)
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Jim Malone wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:00 pm
I'm a massive Boerboel lover!
Had three, my daughter just brought her new pup today.
These are my kind of breed. Not an easy breed for beginners but one's they are trained they are the best ( for me)
Please share a picture ! Boerbels are in a league of their own. I have a good friend who breeds Bullies and he has been wanting to get one for two years . Very interesting breed .
Henry David Thoreau