New Carrying Bag? Or Fanny Pack?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JonLeBlanc

Re: New Carrying Bag? Or Fanny Pack?

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Tims wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:23 am
Out in the real world they are the ultimate in f*ck you style. A bit like a mullet haircut. Combining the two will drop panties for miles.....
Hmm, your first two observations, pretty good; the third, I dunno lol.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

My pants have cargo pockets, so I usually have plenty of storage space for my daily carry needs. If I need more, I'll usually reach for a backpack. However, I have to admit that I like the idea of a messenger bag. Perhaps it's time to give one a try.

As for fanny packs, I will use them in the woods, but not anywhere else. Frankly I wish they would come back in style. They are useful; however, I try to avoid huge style faux pas. How I'm perceived matters to me.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Kels73 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:45 pm
My pants have cargo pockets, so I usually have plenty of storage space for my daily carry needs. If I need more, I'll usually reach for a backpack. However, I have to admit that I like the idea of a messenger bag. Perhaps it's time to give one a try.

As for fanny packs, I will use them in the woods, but not anywhere else. Frankly I wish they would come back in style. They are useful; however, I try to avoid huge style faux pas. How I'm perceived matters to me.
Great point "Kels73" ;) In the last 20 years of my life I've leaned toward function rather than aesthetic appeal. I'm to the point now where I literally don't care what anyone thinks of the way I look as long as I'm comfortable. In my daily work I also wear cargo pants ( and use all the pockets), cargo shorts ( same reasons) and in cooler weather I wear Carhartt and Round House Bib Overalls. And I utilize all of those pockets too.

I'm finding that dressing for "function" rather than eye appeal really works well for me most of the time.

Getting back to the subject "Carrying Bag or Fanny Pack>> I like the Victorinox fanny packs I've owned and used for years but I'm always open to try something new that might be better. I find that many different carrying bags, packs ect just make like easier and more organized. But from what I've seen so far I'm not sure that Spyderco's new carrying bag has a lot to offer over the fanny packs, should packs and back packs I already own.

But if I do find a genuine need for one then I'll probably get it.