APB for FarNorthDan

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

APB for FarNorthDan

Post by MacLaren »

Has anyone heard from or seen tale of Dan???
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: APB for FarNorthDan

Post by Doc Dan »

He hasn’t been around since January.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I've kind of been wondering about him myself. I'm also getting more concerned about SEF too. Another one I haven't seen for a while is JA From MN as well. Hopefully these guys are just busy with life and will return soon,.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

FarNorthDan and JackknifeH both were great contributors. And both of them just disappeared into thin air so to speak :confused: We have had so many great guys and girls both just drop off the radar screen. At least when UK Ken had other issues in life he let us know he was going to be gone for a while. Not to mention virtually all of the crew from the 2004 to 2009 era with the exception of me and The Deacon all dropped off the radar too :confused:

Also David Lowry is another guy I kind of miss. I see him over at Bladeforums every great once in a while but I haven't seen him here for a long time.

I don't get it at all :confused:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Whenever people disappear I assume they met a romantic interest and ran off to Tahiti.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SF Native wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:03 pm
Whenever people disappear I assume they met a romantic interest and ran off to Tahiti.
:D
Yes. That will be my new default reasoning.
I like the way you think. :p
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:42 am
SF Native wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:03 pm
:D
Yes. That will be my new default reasoning.
I like the way you think. :p
FarNorthDAn is only one of about two dozen of the Brethren I've been wondering about. I used to like the great comments of "JA From MN" and "jackknifeH" was a really good pal of mine and I don't have a clue as to what steered them away from Spyderville. My really good buddy from back in the 2004-2006 era who we know as "Daywalker" ( Chad) did come back for a short time and now he's on the missing person's list again too.

With all the insane calamity going on in our society I think we should just simply pray for their safe return. Also there are just so many of our Netherlands Brothers who are missing as well. I haven't seen Spydutch or about 4 other Dutch brothers in a long time now. I hope all of them are doing OK too.

David Lowry was here about as long as me and the Deacon but he also disappeared into thin air. But on rare occasions I see him at Bladeforums every so often. This entire decade has been strange in so many ways.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I've been wondering about FarnorthDan for a while now as well. I sent him a Mule with a custom handle a couple years ago, so I have his address but unfortunately I don't have an email or phone number for him. He was one of my favorite contributors. I hope he's doing well. I sure hope we hear from him again.
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.