What's on your keychain, besides keys?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bryan123

What's on your keychain, besides keys?

Post by bryan123 »

Most of us are into EDC to some extent and I've tried a few things on my keyring at one point in time or another.

I like the Nitecore Tube flashlight, SAK Classic, Spyderco Bug, P38, a safety pin, Sears Multi screwdriver, Nite Ize Doohickey, etc, depending on where I am and whether knives are allowed.

Anyone want to share? Photos would be nice too.
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
vivi

Re: What's on your keychain, besides keys?

Post by vivi »

Nothing but keys.

I carry a Micra loose in my left front pocket most days but if I hook it on my keys they rattle around too much when I drive. Keep my pocket flashlight clipped to the same pocket.

Back when I still used a vic classic instead of a micra those were light enough I didn't mind throwing them on my keychain.
:unicorn
remnar

Post by remnar »

Vic. MiniChamp with standard scales replaced by LED and Pen scales.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I keep two sets of keychains. One of them is for my car key and the other is for my other keys. ;)

The car key keychain is the car key/key fob combo plus a HAP40 Ladybug and a mini Pry bar. The pry bar is a County Comm "Pico Widgy pry bar", wrapped in waxed hemp cord for slightly better grip. Also, a simple logo keychain on there as well.

The other key chain, is my "other" keychain...:D Besides keys (3) I keep a copper O-light I3E AAA flashlight, a copper TUKK from Tactical Keychains, and a copper Machete Bottle Opener from Wasteland Oddities. This all rides on a copper Mini-D dangler from GambleMade.

I can post some pictures soon.
-Nick :bug-red
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Sears Multiscewdriver, Opinel No 4, and a P38. A Vic Classic or Minichamp rotates thru from time to time.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

I've moved on from multi key rings and only carry two keys; both separately. Car key is on a paracord loop. Mailbox key is on a dangler and has my library card, grocery store card (those small ones w/bar code) and a small bottle opener / pry also.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

z4vdBt wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:21 am
I've moved on from multi key rings and only carry two keys; both separately. Car key is on a paracord loop. Mailbox key is on a dangler and has my library card, grocery store card (those small ones w/bar code) and a small bottle opener / pry also.

I've adopted a somewhat similar system. I keep an S-Biner clipped to a belt loop on my jeans. My house key and the keys to my two cars are on three separate small rings each with a plastic bolt snap that can be clipped to the S-Biner. House key's also carries my burgundy micarta Jester, two grocery cards, and a Petco card while there's nothing but the key on either of the car key rings. Only carry what I need. House key whenever I leave the house, whether walking or driving. Key for SUV gets added if I'm using it and both car keys get added if I'm taking the roadster for a spin and need to move the SUV to get it out of the garage.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Nothing I can't stand more than a bulky keychain in my pocket. My fob for my truck, security fob for work and 3 keys. Then one if those double end clip keychains off my right hip belt loop with all my work keys.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I have an Atwood Ragman hook on my keys. This thing deep clips to your pocket and allows for easy access to your keys. No digging around in your pockets. I’ve had this thing on for several years now.
Attachments
0F915C4F-3CF3-438E-8FC3-B22BA3F1C93C.jpeg
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Just keys and a fob for now. Got a prybar coming though.
Justin
benben

Post by benben »

Just 3 keys and a Horween leather Rawlings key chain that came with a custom glove.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A maratac copper aaa flashlight and tweezers. Other than that just my truck fob, truck key and house key.

I try to keep my keys light since I do have to carry a bunch of keys for work and I have a big second set of keys that I carry M-F.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I was tempted to say “a flag” * ....

I am entrusted keys to people’s homes every day. I use a Tec Accessories P7 suspension clip and three Tec Accessories Python Clips on my key ring to securely clip borrowed and my own keys to it. By far the best keychain bits I have found and are secure but allow quick attachment/detachment.

Double opposed clip on my own keys (they can twist off, despite Tec’s claims) and single for the borrowed set. If they’re all attached to my car keys, I can’t drive off without them!

I have previously made the schoolboy error of buying knock-offs. They’re total rubbish and a waste of money.

No tools, though. I keep an Alox Bantam SAK in my wallet.

* flags and statues are dangerous things, imho
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

3 sets of keys, all keys except for one. One set just has a fob to detect my presence and start the car.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

A brass belt clip carabineer thing. I don't even carry a Ladybug anymore because I got sick of taking it off for stupid reasons.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Just my keys. Tried mini saks and what not. Never used and were annoying. Also, I've seen first hand how having too much on your keychain can mess with your vehicle's ingition switch.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

z4vdBt wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:21 am

small bottle opener / pry bar, Micro Beverage Breaching Tool (v2.0) - by AR Custom Knives.

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Leatherman Micra
A cheap, no name (but quite capable) prybar / wrench tool
A nitecore tube flashlight
All on small, locking biners

I happen to have the pic below. I seldom carry all of my keys.
When I am going somewhere in my car for example, I leave all keys except the car key (obviously... ;) ) in the car...

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I don't like bulk in my pockets so I keep it minimal.

Screwdriver pocket bit
Jetbeam MINI-1 10180 USB flashlight
USB drive