Slide cut for reflex sight

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
benben

Re: Slide cut for reflex sight

Post by benben »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:16 am
Personally, I would go with the EAA/Tangfolio Witness in 10mm (or 38 super) but I can't stand Glocks.

Am interested in reflex sights. Well, I forgot I was interested in them until this thread. I will be checking them out now.
You mind me asking why you can't stand Glocks? I've personally been on a HK kick lately, I've bought two recently with another on order! I think Glocks are awesome service pistols, they just work, period! Yeah they won't win any beauty contests but their simplicity makes them very attractive to me!

When anyone ask me about a pistol purchase, their very first pistol purchase and knowing that they'll only own one pistol, I always recommend a Glock 19. It's close to the perfect pistol that does everything well, size, capacity, ease of shooting, concealability, endless choice of holsters, and on and on!

Just curious what it is you don't like about them? We have a new employee here at the shop who's a gun guy, he HATES Glocks, says he'll never own one, the several times I've asked why......he has no answer??
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

benben wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 am
knivesandbooks wrote:
Personally, I would go with the EAA/Tangfolio Witness in 10mm (or 38 super) but I can't stand Glocks.

Am interested in reflex sights. Well, I forgot I was interested in them until this thread. I will be checking them out now.
You mind me asking why you can't stand Glocks? I've personally been on a HK kick lately, I've bought two recently with another on order! I think Glocks are awesome service pistols, they just work, period! Yeah they won't win any beauty contests but their simplicity makes them very attractive to me!

When anyone ask me about a pistol purchase, their very first pistol purchase and knowing that they'll only own one pistol, I always recommend a Glock 19. It's close to the perfect pistol that does everything well, size, capacity, ease of shooting, concealability, endless choice of holsters, and on and on!

Just curious what it is you don't like about them? We have a new employee here at the shop who's a gun guy, he HATES Glocks, says he'll never own one, the several times I've asked why......he has no answer??
Well, from an ergonomic perspective, I don't find the grip angle comfortable. I much prefer how a gun like the FNS9 or the p320 feels. I also think Glocks are over priced. I know that's subjective but I just do. This is especially after owning a Canik. They function just as well but have a better trigger and look nicer. For real, check out the TP9sf. It's one if the best values in the gun world and Canik is a great manufacturer. It seems like every year their triggers get better, too. Also, I've been finding amazing deals on factory reconditioned SIG P320s that are cheaper than Glock 19s. They're completely new save fir the serial number. Idk. Besides the grips, the trigger is a big turn off. Most people I know who carry Glocks do upgrade the trigger. But I can buy guns for the same price or less where that isn't even a thought that comes to my mind.

Also, and this is likely your coworker's thing, I just get sick of Glock fanboys. People with Glock collections, bumper stickers, etc. They act like there's nothing else out there that compares when there are better values and better quality and better aesthetics. Just get tired of hearing about people's glocks every time we talk guns (not on this forum, I mean around).

I don't think there's anything wrong with a Glock. I just prefer not to own one. They're fine but don't strike me as special. Right now I'm loving my FN FNS9 and Sig P320 compact in 40 cal. At heart I'm a CZ guy, though I could rant about them just as much as about Glock. Still, I have not enjoyed shooting a gun more than my P-09. Learned how to shoot with it and it's second nature. Currently thinking about getting that Sig p365 xl.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
benben

Post by benben »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm
benben wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 am
knivesandbooks wrote:

Well, from an ergonomic perspective, I don't find the grip angle comfortable. I much prefer how a gun like the FNS9 or the p320 feels. I also think Glocks are over priced. I know that's subjective but I just do. This is especially after owning a Canik. They function just as well but have a better trigger and look nicer. For real, check out the TP9sf. It's one if the best values in the gun world and Canik is a great manufacturer. It seems like every year their triggers get better, too. Also, I've been finding amazing deals on factory reconditioned SIG P320s that are cheaper than Glock 19s. They're completely new save fir the serial number. Idk. Besides the grips, the trigger is a big turn off. Most people I know who carry Glocks do upgrade the trigger. But I can buy guns for the same price or less where that isn't even a thought that comes to my mind.

Also, and this is likely your coworker's thing, I just get sick of Glock fanboys. People with Glock collections, bumper stickers, etc. They act like there's nothing else out there that compares when there are better values and better quality and better aesthetics. Just get tired of hearing about people's glocks every time we talk guns (not on this forum, I mean around).

I don't think there's anything wrong with a Glock. I just prefer not to own one. They're fine but don't strike me as special. Right now I'm loving my FN FNS9 and Sig P320 compact in 40 cal. At heart I'm a CZ guy, though I could rant about them just as much as about Glock. Still, I have not enjoyed shooting a gun more than my P-09. Learned how to shoot with it and it's second nature. Currently thinking about getting that Sig p365 xl.
I completely understand not every pistol is for everyone, and trust me, your answers (for you) are way better and make way more sense than the “I hate Glocks” answer from the buffoon I work with!

A CZ Shadow has been a small blip on my radar for a while, I’ve just got too many bigger blips on my radar ahead of it!