Happy Birthday "Wartstein"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sharp Guy

Re: Happy Birthday "Wartstein"

Post by Sharp Guy »

I somehow missed this one too. Hope you had a happy birthday Wartstein!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Happy Birthday Warstein!
I appreciate your participation :)

(PS- I'll be 50 in December and can totally relate to the long ago low back injury!)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Tims wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:10 am
Happy Birthday mate!

You certainly are a valued contributor to this fine forum. In fact, I can say you have been instrumental in my development as a knife nut.

Example: your recent posts on gripping a knife by the blade/ricasso have changed my whole philosophy on knife use and what I edc. I now carry my folder in my RFP and this glove in my LFP. On days I know I’m going to be cutting a lot, I just leave it on. Couldn’t be simpler! I’ve given away choils for good.

Check out the new digs.

Look ma, no choils!

Good for ‘detailed’ cuts too!

My Mrs says I look like a medieval Michael Jackson but she doesn’t understand the knife game.

Anyway, happy birthday brother and thanks again!
:p :p :p Somehow missed your reply til tight now, thanks!! (And I hope you never forgot the glove and still have all of your fingers! :) - but tbh, it was interesting to see, how differently (ok, mostly rather negative... ) people were responding to that thread of mine. It´s really nothing I would actually promote, but for me and seemingly not to few others, choking up on the actual edge is a viable and really safe technique, if you now how to do it).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cycletroll wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 pm
Happy Birthday Warstein!
I appreciate your participation :)

(PS- I'll be 50 in December and can totally relate to the long ago low back injury!)
Sharp Guy wrote: I somehow missed this one too. Hope you had a happy birthday Wartstein!
I somehow missed to say "thank you"to the two of you!! So: Thank you! ;)

@ Cycletroll: Yeah, that old low back injury can give me bad days sometimes: But on the other hand it also makes me appreciate a lot more, that it is really my ONLY (minor) physical "problem" I have. Generally and other than that injury I don´t feel any older than I did when I was thirty, when it comes to endurance I may be even fitter than I was back then.
That´s really a gift when one turns 50 and I am very gratefull for it. :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Happy birthday! Have a safe and healthy next year.

Joe