Is this a legit seller on Amazon?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Is this a legit seller on Amazon?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I am looking at purchasing from this Amazon Seller does anyone have experience positive or negative with them?

Pro-Motion Distributing - Direct

My fear is they may be selling counterfeits.
James Y

Re: Is this a legit seller on Amazon?

Post by James Y »

I don’t know if they’re legit or not, but I wouldn’t recommend buying knives off of Amazon or its sellers. Why not buy from a known legitimate online dealer?

Jim
Doeswhateveraspidercan

James Y wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:36 pm
I don’t know if they’re legit or not, but I wouldn’t recommend buying knives off of Amazon or its sellers. Why not buy from a known legitimate online dealer?

Jim
Legit dealers no longer have the knife.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.knifeworks.com/folding-kniv ... andle.html
:spyder:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:

Jim
I couldn't agree with Jim more. Just the 3 horror stories of people I personally have known for a while and the stories that they told me about Amazon and a couple of other online giant retailers. That was one of the big reasons I quit Ebay all together because of knock-offs and counterfeits. I could give you names of some reputable knife and sporting good dealers that you just can't go wrong with. New Graham comes to mind immediately and I've been dealing with them for over 10 years now and I've never had anything but a good, excellent experience. I've also had great results with GP out of Illinois as well as KnifeCenter. But that's just the tip of the iceberg>> there are several of the guys here who can point you to very honest, reputable dealers who you would be certain to get 100% authentic Spyderco products with zero doubts and worries of getting a knock-off or a counterfeit.

When you're buying tools of this caliber why even take the chance when you don't have to?. This is just one area where "bargain hunting" is just a bad idea completely.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 pm
James Y wrote:
This is another reason I stay clear of all those scamsters. People claiming to have an item that no other dealer has>> or even has had for quite a while. I'm to the point at this time if a dealer I'm working with hasn't been in business with a great reputation for at least a minimum of ten years I just will not take a chance on them.
All the years I've been dealing mainly with New Graham and a couple of other well known Spyderco dealers I've not had even one problem at all.

Oh it is tempting when you see a very coveted model for a fraction of the regular price but Spyderco knives ( other high quality knife companies as well) you truly get what you pay for in most cases. And like DW just said if no other legit dealer has it any longer you just know it's too good to be true.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Yeah, what you looking for? Maybe we can help you find it. I know a few decent places to find old models as I tend to collect them.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 pm
I am looking at purchasing from this Amazon Seller does anyone have experience positive or negative with them?

Hey, Does:
I don't know if you're asking as it relates to Spyderco, but I can say they aren't an authorized dealer for us. If you can post a link to what you're considering, we might be able to help more.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Thanks Taz this is a non spyderco item so I placed the seller only an in off topic. Trying to get info on the seller but not bring other companies free advertisement with us knife nutz
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:57 am
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Hey, Does:
I don't know if you're asking as it relates to Spyderco, but I can say they aren't an authorized dealer for us. If you can post a link to what you're considering, we might be able to help more.

Kristi
That right there alone is reason enough for me to avoid them ( Amazon) like a bad case of the flu. With dealers like New Graham and 6 to 8 others I could recommend why even go bargain hunting and take un-necessary chances of getting burned.

This is another case of Stay With Reputable, Established Dealers you can trust.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

You misunderstand J.D. it is not hunting a bargain but trying to purchase an item that is no longer available with dealers like Blade H.Q. knife works etc...

If you have some dealer recommendations I will certainly look to see if they have the item. Thanks.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Oops made a mistake the seller is ”Up North Outdoors” on Amazon.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I just went back an read some of the comments and have a hard time with these views as I have purchased many unavailable knives on both Amazon and EBay. Granted I did my research first to make sure they were not fakes but even if they were both entities have buyer protection and so does your credit card.

I had a issue with an eBay purchase years ago, Pay Pal refused to back me up. So I told them fine canceled their credit card which I had not used for the purchase and called Chase the bank card I did use filed a dispute provided documentation and was fully refunded.

So yes some of these stories are true but people are not stuck if they exercise their options.

Hope this has been educational and will help someone if they need to be made whole again from a bad transaction.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Update:

I decided to use Amazons email the seller function and it showed a phone number for the seller. Believe it or not I did the old fashioned thing and called.

Lol, got a very nice guy on the phone he went and actually put hands on the knife and verified it’s authenticity by the stamped numbers as a limited run on the blade.

I guess since this is off topic it is okay to say what the knife is since Taz did not say not to.

Anyway it is a Buck Lochsa only 500 were made they are essentially a Buck 110 in S30V steel with thumb studs and a pocket clip. And G10 slabs.

I have another model of this knife in 440C with a pocket clip in G10 with Nickel Silver bolsters.

It is a heavy knife but I like it because it is very sturdy in the hand and I am a big guy so maybe that is why I don’t mind the weight in the pocket?

Anyway it was nice to talk to a person that actually gave a darn enough to put hands on an item without being asked.

There is something really nice about people in Wisconsin and Minnesota we just don’t get to experience as much of in Florida these days with the state filling up with so many North Eastern folks from big cities.

Seller is in Minnesota and all the trips I ever made there and WISCONSIN have left me with an appreciation for the folks in those regions.

Proof of that my girlfriend is from Wisconsin she likes Florida more than I do, Lol otherwise we would be in Wisconsin.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’m glad to see that things seem to have worked out for you and hope you enjoy the knife, but I don’t see why you would have a hard time with any of the comments in this thread. You had asked a question and received some answers. Maybe they weren’t the answers you wanted to hear, but they weren’t given with negative intent, either.

Jim
Doeswhateveraspidercan

James Y wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:10 am
I’m glad to see that things seem to have worked out for you and hope you enjoy the knife, but I don’t see why you would have a hard time with any of the comments in this thread. You had asked a question and received some answers. Maybe they weren’t the answers you wanted to hear, but they weren’t given with negative intent, either.

Jim
The comments are pointedly making Amazon and eBay and other vendors out to be completely untrustworthy as well as carry an insulting accusation of bargain hunting at a risk.

This is not good for a community to adopt as a truism.

I have a problem with drama mentality and negativity absent the facts of the matter of discussion because it is inaccurate to say the least.

There are reputable dealers like Bento Box Shop that sell on eBay and I am certain they are not the only ones.

I am also certain other dealers sell on eBay under different names.

The only time I ever purchase on eBay Amazon or elsewhere is when it comes to knives I was not aware of existing and missed out with the Likes of GP Knives, Knifworks and the rest.

The other times I do is when a sprint run has ran so swiftly off a website due to insufficient numbers being offered for sale their is no other choice but to go to the secondary market.

After purchasing over 100 knives total and many of them on the secondary market I can tell you I have yet to buy a counterfeit and only a few times bought something claimed as new when it was not.

For me that is not a big deal I use my knives and sell them when I either no longer use them grow bored with them or need to make some money to buy another Spyderco.

Neat thing about Spyderco knives if you get tired of a model you can always recapture most of your money to buy a model you are interested in.

This ability is one of the things that makes Spyderco the knife to buy and fuels my hobby.

So when damning people other than primary market vendors who sell their knives you are damning me and I do not to like that.

Hope that explains it. And yes thank you it looks like all will go well and turn out good indeed.

Will post back here with some pics once the knife arrives.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I bought a Benchmade Mini Grip (G10/20CV) on eBay from upnorthoutdoors without issue. Even got a nice Benchmade hat in the deal. National Knives also sells on eBay. I bought my Advocate from them when eBay had a coupon for 20% off. I've bought a couple of other knives from National and White Mountain knives using coupons on there too.

Not sure why you got all bent out of shape about the comments. It seemed to me like they were only trying to keep you from getting burned.

On a side note, I'm from N. IL about 20 min from the WI border. So I've spent a lot of time in WI. It's a very nice state with a lot of down to Earth people even if they are Packers fans :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 pm
I bought a Benchmade Mini Grip (G10/20CV) on eBay from upnorthoutdoors without issue. Even got a nice Benchmade hat in the deal. National Knives also sells on eBay. I bought my Advocate from them when eBay had a coupon for 20% off. I've bought a couple of other knives from National and White Mountain knives using coupons on there too.

Not sure why you got all bent out of shape about the comments. It seemed to me like they were only trying to keep you from getting burned.

On a side note, I'm from N. IL about 20 min from the WI border. So I've spent a lot of time in WI. It's a very nice state with a lot of down to Earth people even if they are Packers fans :)
Oh I’m not bent out of shape sometimes my thoughts are strong but I do appreciate everyone’s in put just offering a counterpoint if view that is mine.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Oh and thanks for the confirmation on the seller the guy I talked to was great.