College football is off and running

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: College football is off and running

Post by Doc Dan »

I’m sad that Alabama lost, but LSU earned and deserved it. What a game. LSU was clearly dominant till the fourth.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

At least The Vols squeaked out a W.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 am
Dan, LSU really has something special this year.
That being said, I'll always believe that if Bama were to win the rest of their schedule, then they too, should be in the playoff.
Alabama is just flat out one of the top 4 teams in the Country.
Now, a lot depends on now and the conclusion of the SEC Championship game. But, if things go as they probably will, with LSU being undefeated, and SEC Champs, and a 1 loss Bama team, imo, the Crimson Tide, should be in the playoffs as well.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:29 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
That being said, I'll always believe that if Bama were to win the rest of their schedule, then they too, should be in the playoff.
Now, a lot depends on now and the conclusion of the SEC Championship game. But, if things go as they probably will, with LSU being undefeated, and SEC Champs, and a 1 loss Bama team, imo, the Crimson Tide, should be in the playoffs as well.
There are way too many what if's right now. Oregon could win out and have a loss that's almost as good as Bama's. Minnesota and Baylor could make things interesting. I don't think it will happen, but if Georgia wins out and then upsets LSU in the SECCG that alone would create a massive chaos scenario with a trio of one loss SEC teams. What if Penn State upsets tOSU, and then the hairless nuts beat a previously undefeated Minnesota team in a very close B1G CG? Or Penn State barely beats tOSU, and then Minnesota wins the B1G CG to go undefeated. Let's just say Clemson pulls a Georgia, overlooks the USC game chickens, loses a close one to them, but still wins the ACCCG. Would the committee leave out a one loss, conference champion, defending national champion?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ugaarguy wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:29 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
There are way too many what if's right now. Oregon could win out and have a loss that's almost as good as Bama's. Minnesota and Baylor could make things interesting. I don't think it will happen, but if Georgia wins out and then upsets LSU in the SECCG that alone would create a massive chaos scenario with a trio of one loss SEC teams. What if Penn State upsets tOSU, and then the hairless nuts beat a previously undefeated Minnesota team in a very close B1G CG? Or Penn State barely beats tOSU, and then Minnesota wins the B1G CG to go undefeated. Let's just say Clemson pulls a Georgia, overlooks the USC game chickens, loses a close one to them, but still wins the ACCCG. Would the committee leave out a one loss, conference champion, defending national champion?
Yeah, your right, that's why I said a lot depends between now and then.
Speaking of Minnesota, I'm really pulling for those guys.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Penn State pulled it off again, 34-27 against Indiana.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

No surprise LSU is running away with the game.

I’m surprised Baylor is whooping up on OK.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

That OKU vs Baylor game was great. Hurts and team started off badly and got so far behind it looked like a certain Baylor victory. Hurts showed what he’s made of and led his team back from defeat to victory.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope Tua is ok. He’s out for the season. I wonder if that will end Alabama’s chances of being number one?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

So, help me out here - just how does ANYONE figure Ohio State #1 and L.S.U. #2 ???
L.S.U., shouldn't only be #1, they should be a UNANIMOUS #1 !
How many top freakin 10 teams has Ohio State defeated?
Dont get me wrong, I think the Buckeyes have a marvelous team, and certainly capable of winning it all. But, but.......L.S.U. has had a brutal schedule and has prevailed each and every time.
I'm just about ready to give up on College football.
Ohio State #1 is a sham. I really think.its just padding them in case they get their *** kicked up in Ann Arbor!
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

ROLL TIDE!

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:31 am
So, help me out here - just how does ANYONE figure Ohio State #1 and L.S.U. #2 ???
L.S.U., shouldn't only be #1, they should be a UNANIMOUS #1 !
How many top freakin 10 teams has Ohio State defeated?
Dont get me wrong, I think the Buckeyes have a marvelous team, and certainly capable of winning it all. But, but.......L.S.U. has had a brutal schedule and has prevailed each and every time.
I'm just about ready to give up on College football.
Ohio State #1 is a sham. I really think.its just padding them in case they get their *** kicked up in Ann Arbor!
I agree 100%

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 am
ROLL TIDE!
NOOOOO! Say it ain’t so!

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Auburn has a very, very good team.
They are very solid top to bottom.
Absolutely no shame in loosing to Auburn.
But........nonetheless its THE rivalry game for Bama.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yet once again the College Football Playoff Committee proves they are incompetent.
1. Ohio State - in what world???
2. LSU - 4 top 10 wins and plays in the SEC
3. Clemson - They actually got that right.
4. Georgia - who else they gonna put?

Really, the only thing that really bothers me is Ohio State being #1 ahead of LSU!
LSU undefeated with 4 top 10 wins and in the SEC nonetheless!
Ohio State with 1 top 10 win......sure they won all their games and scored a lot of points. But just look at their schedule lol. Everyone knows Michigan ain't for real!!
A lot of people prolly doesn't even care about the rankings in this point and time.
But, this is really bad imo. The Committee has 1 job and that is to rank the 4 best teams in the Country, and they failed miserably!
Rant over
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

After number 4 it gets even weirder. I'd love to see Utah play Auburn or Alabama next weekend.

I love the Dawgs, but I am going to be shocked if we can pull out a win over LSU. Which will put Utah into the playoffs, which just seems bizarre to me. They've beaten one ranked team (#17 Arizona State). I honestly don't think Georgia is playing like the number 4 team in the nation, but I don't see how anyone can say that Utah deserves the #5 slot when they haven't played any top 10 teams at all.

Huge props to this years Auburn team for hanging in there with the toughest single year schedule in the BCS era.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:42 am
After number 4 it gets even weirder. I'd love to see Utah play Auburn or Alabama next weekend.

I love the Dawgs, but I am going to be shocked if we can pull out a win over LSU. Which will put Utah into the playoffs, which just seems bizarre to me. They've beaten one ranked team (#17 Arizona State). I honestly don't think Georgia is playing like the number 4 team in the nation, but I don't see how anyone can say that Utah deserves the #5 slot when they haven't played any top 10 teams at all.

Huge props to this years Auburn team for hanging in there with the toughest single year schedule in the BCS era.
Tom, I was gonna say the SAME thing about UGA
I'll never understand how they lost to South Carolina.
That being said, IF....If UGA wins the SEC Championship, then they are in.
Of course, LSU will be in as well.
I tell ya man, what the **** is that committe thinking ranking Ohio State above LSU?
And, I'm not an LSU fan. I cant believe people aren't questioning the committee over this....
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:50 am
Yet once again the College Football Playoff Committee proves they are incompetent.
1. Ohio State - in what world???
2. LSU - 4 top 10 wins and plays in the SEC
3. Clemson - They actually got that right.
4. Georgia - who else they gonna put?

Really, the only thing that really bothers me is Ohio State being #1 ahead of LSU!
LSU undefeated with 4 top 10 wins and in the SEC nonetheless!
Ohio State with 1 top 10 win......sure they won all their games and scored a lot of points. But just look at their schedule lol. Everyone knows Michigan ain't for real!!
A lot of people prolly doesn't even care about the rankings in this point and time.
But, this is really bad imo. The Committee has 1 job and that is to rank the 4 best teams in the Country, and they failed miserably!
Rant over
LSU should be number one. Yes, UGA had that inexplicable loss to SC. But, outside of the top three, who's better than UGA? UGA has head to head wins over AU and UF. Utah? I don't think they are. OU or Baylor? Maybe, and it's almost certain that UGA will play one of those two teams in the Sugar Bowl. Hopefully Utah/Oklahoma/Baylor is competitive against LSU/tOSU, rather than having one boring blowout of a playoff game.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

UGA controls their own fate. They couldn't ask for more imo.
Although, beating LSU will.be very hard, but certainly not impossible for UGA.
And, yes UGA imo, are better than either OU or Baylor.
Man, just wish they hadn't dropped that South Carolina game!
*edit*
Auburn would prolly defeat Utah and Baylor imo.
Auburn is very solid team top to bottom.
Matter of fact, I think Auburn would give Ohio State a run for their money. Anyone that has defeated Auburn has a real top 10 win imo. Let's not forget Auburn defeated Alabama
Yes, Auburn was without Tua. But, Bama has a many a NFL player besides Tua.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Joe Burrow is playing a great game!
He can turn on the jets too! Oh yes! He has wheels! :D