College football is off and running

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9086
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

College football is off and running

Postby Doc Dan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:45 am

Alabama has won both of its first games. TN is predictably and disappointingly bad.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 am

Tennessee is getting their just desserts imo.
After that little stunt the fan base pulled behind that ring leader idiot, digging all that stuff up on Greg Schiano.
Man, Tennessee used to be a real program.
But, who knows where Alabama would be right now if not for Nick Saban.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9086
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: College football is off and running

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 am

:D :D I see SG88 had the same idea on the same day... :D :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 am

Today is the day Doc.
LSU vs Alabama
Gonna be a great game...

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9086
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: College football is off and running

Postby Doc Dan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 am

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 am
Today is the day Doc.
LSU vs Alabama
Gonna be a great game...
I’ve got out my crimson and white. The Tide is favored but LSU is tough. They have a good coach.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: College football is off and running

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:35 am

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 am
Today is the day Doc.
LSU vs Alabama
Gonna be a great game...
Can't wait! Should definitely help clear things up in the muddled top 4.
19 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF

-Rick

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am

Speaking of the top 4.....
I really disagree! OSU, is a great team, but they've not really played anyone yet. Now, dont get me wrong, I think the Buckeyes will go undefeated and be in the playoffs. I'm just talking about the initial rankings. Clemson, would absolutely be in the initial top 4 because, they are the defending champs and are undefeated.
My top 4 would be .....
1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:13 am

Btw, go Golden Gophers!!!!
Beat PSU!!!

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:23 pm

How bout them Golden Gophers!!!
They MUST be in the top 4 next week!
They are 4 real baby!
I love it!

Gamecock
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Re: College football is off and running

Postby Gamecock » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:49 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am
Speaking of the top 4.....
I really disagree! OSU, is a great team, but they've not really played anyone yet. Now, dont get me wrong, I think the Buckeyes will go undefeated and be in the playoffs. I'm just talking about the initial rankings. Clemson, would absolutely be in the initial top 4 because, they are the defending champs and are undefeated.
My top 4 would be .....
1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
Sorry, but Clemson belongs no where near the top 4. They can’t play an entire season without playing one single team that will be ranked at the end of the season and expect to be in the playoff.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Gamecock wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:49 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 am
Speaking of the top 4.....
I really disagree! OSU, is a great team, but they've not really played anyone yet. Now, dont get me wrong, I think the Buckeyes will go undefeated and be in the playoffs. I'm just talking about the initial rankings. Clemson, would absolutely be in the initial top 4 because, they are the defending champs and are undefeated.
My top 4 would be .....
1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
Sorry, but Clemson belongs no where near the top 4. They can’t play an entire season without playing one single team that will be ranked at the end of the season and expect to be in the playoff.
I hear what your saying. But, they are the defending National Champions. If they win out, they will be in the playoff.
If they werent the defending Champs, then I would agree.

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: College football is off and running

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:21 pm

I can't believe this LSU/Bama game!
19 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF

-Rick

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 pm

How about LSU though!!
Is this not the 4th top 10 team they have defeated??
Incredible....

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:25 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:21 pm
I can't believe this LSU/Bama game!
Very happy for Coach O!
I love that guy.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Gosh, who has it harder than LSU?
They still have Auburn left too, if not mistaken.
Gaeux Tigers!

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: College football is off and running

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Things are suddenly VERY interesting!!
19 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF

-Rick

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 6257
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: College football is off and running

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm
Things are suddenly VERY interesting!!
Yes! They certainly have :D
Did you catch the Golden Gophers triumph today?
They are very much for real imo.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: College football is off and running

Postby JonLeBlanc » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm

The partying surrounding me is deafening lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: College football is off and running

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:41 pm

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm
z
The partying surrounding me is deafening lol
Hahah, sports fan or not, your in prime position for a great night if you go out!
19 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF

-Rick

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: College football is off and running

Postby JonLeBlanc » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:24 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:41 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm
z
The partying surrounding me is deafening lol
Hahah, sports fan or not, your in prime position for a great night if you go out!
Yeah I mean I watch football but I think I should just keep my mouth shut about this one lol. But yes it's a happy night down here!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cabfrank, James Y and 10 guests