NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Hahaha, awesome!

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/01/ ... fireworks/
Yeah I heard one of the radio stations mention that about the fireworks at ARROWHeAD Stadium. I'll say one thing for the fans out at ARROWHEAD>> none of them left even when we were down 24 to 0. Talk about a cool head>> being down by that much and coming back with 4 straight TDs :cool: Make no mistake Patrick Mahomes is the franchise and has put the KC Chiefs back on the map again.

But I'm sure not taking this upcoming game with the Titans for granted. They have had two awesome victories in the past 2 weeks and they are not to be taken lightly.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wow, the Texans just choked so bad! :eek: That's the kind of loss that can ruin an organization for a few years.

I couldn't really care who wins this NFC game, I think the 49ers will beat both of these teams.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:45 pm
Wow, the Texans just choked so bad! :eek: That's the kind of loss that can ruin an organization for a few years.

I couldn't really care who wins this NFC game, I think the 49ers will beat both of these teams.
I don't know because the Packer's defense has sure looked pretty solid in the past few games. Those TENN Titans are for real. That coach Mike Vrabel is going to be one of the kingpins in the NFL in very short order. He is doing an incredible job in hostile stadiums too.

These playoffs have been so unpredictable that it's just crazy IMO.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree! Listening to the Seahawks game right now.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Green Bay vs San Francisco for the NFC Crown would be an AWESOME game indeed.
I honestly wouldnt know who to pick.
That being said, I was totally wrong about Seattle pulling out a squeaker at Lambeau Field. Looks like the Packers are gonna win.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, Aaron Rodgers is the best passer I've ever saw.
The man really is amazing.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:51 pm
Well MAC I got 3 out 4 of my playoff picks for this weekend correct and I consider that pretty good considering how hard it's been all season long to call these games. I'm sticking with a Chiefs vs Packers Superbowl. I think that the faithful at ARROWHeAD stadium along with "Commander Mahomes" :cool: is going to make it **** on the Titans this next weekend.

They said the noise levels at ARROWHEAD today were deafening :cool: This next Sunday is going to be another barn burner I'm sure of it.

Well I've got my picks but I wouldn't bet more than $20 on any of these games. This year has just been so difficult to call these games.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Next week I'm picking the Titans and 49ers to win. However, I'm sure it will be the Packers and Chiefs that end up winning instead so the NFL 100th season can have a rematch of Superbowl 1
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:03 pm
Next week I'm picking the Titans and 49ers to win. However, I'm sure it will be the Packers and Chiefs that end up winning instead so the NFL 100th season can have a rematch of Superbowl 1
I agree 100% and really couldn't have said it better!

I'm picking the Titans and 49ers to win as well but it just really seems like the writing is on the wall that it will be Packers and Chiefs for exactly that reason. :eek:
-Nick :bug-red
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Wouldn't that be wild?!! My guess is the Titans and 49ers too.
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:03 pm
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

What blows me away about the Titans is how they got to the playoffs>> Doesn't anyone remember they had a 9-7 record :eek: They sure aren't playing like a 9-7 team.

Aaron Rogers was brilliant tonight. I so much want to see a Chiefs vs Packers Superbowl. I think that a dual between Mahomes and Rogers would put TV ratings at an all time high.

The Titans are going to have a really hard time at ARROWHEAD stadium :cool: And I don't think that the Packers care where they play the 49ers.

Next Sunday is going to be a Super Day!!! I would love to see the Chiefs put up 60+ points this coming Sunday :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:59 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Well MAC I got 3 out 4 of my playoff picks for this weekend correct and I consider that pretty good considering how hard it's been all season long to call these games. I'm sticking with a Chiefs vs Packers Superbowl. I think that the faithful at ARROWHeAD stadium along with "Commander Mahomes" :cool: is going to make it **** on the Titans this next weekend.

They said the noise levels at ARROWHEAD today were deafening :cool: This next Sunday is going to be another barn burner I'm sure of it.

Well I've got my picks but I wouldn't bet more than $20 on any of these games. This year has just been so difficult to call these games.
What a weekend!! What a game for the Cheifs!!!
Ya did great man!!
I tell ya, those Championship games next week will be brutal.
I wish you and your Cheifs luck!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Remember gang, tonight- Monday night January 13
Clemson vs LSU for the National Championship 8pm
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:24 am
Remember gang, tonight- Monday night January 13
Clemson vs LSU for the National Championship 8pm
I'm not much of a college fan anymore ( and haven't been for a long time) because they are just basically "minor leagues" for the NFL. But I will admit that the LSU team sure produces a lot of NFL players. Kind of like Brigham Young used to be a Quarterback Machine back in the days. And our local colleges ( KU and MU) haven't done anything significant on the gridiron in many, many years.

Well it's one game at a time and if the Chiefs can beat the Titans and go to the big dance I'll be happy with playing either NFC team. Sure I would like to see a Chiefs vs Packers repeat of the original 1967 Superbowl but I also have fond memories of the Chiefs vs 49ers rivalry too. Well by this time next Monday we'll know.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

MacLaren wrote:
All those QBs are amazing when they uncork a perfect 40 yard strike. Aaron Rodgers was possibly an even better passer at CAL in college before sitting so long in Green Bay.

Punk 49er coach Mike Nolan passed on Rodgers in the draft because he didn't like his attitude. Mike was a bit of a little nazi trying to be half the coach his father was. I'm pretty sure Rodgers' "attitude" was justifiable disgust.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:28 pm
MacLaren wrote:
All those QBs are amazing when they uncork a perfect 40 yard strike. Aaron Rodgers was possibly an even better passer at CAL in college before sitting so long in Green Bay.

Punk 49er coach Mike Nolan passed on Rodgers in the draft because he didn't like his attitude. Mike was a bit of a little nazi trying to be half the coach his father was. I'm pretty sure Rodgers' "attitude" was justifiable disgust.
I've saw Rodgers make so many passes like that, like it was the easiest thing in the world to do!
It's crazy. He makes it look so darn easy.
Gonna make for a great NFC Championship game
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:12 pm
shunsui wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:28 pm
MacLaren wrote:

I've saw Rodgers make so many passes like that, like it was the easiest thing in the world to do!
It's crazy. He makes it look so darn easy.
Gonna make for a great NFC Championship game
Even though I'm picking Green Bay to win this Sunday's game I'll admit that the 49ers are an awesome team especially on defense. But there is one team we all might be overlooking>> I'm speaking of the TITANS. That Derrick Henry to me looks like a cross between Walter Payton and Hershel Walker. Yeah he seems to have that much talent. And the TITANS coach Mike Vrabel in my humble opinion should get " NFL Coach Of The Year"

Mike Vrabel is going to be another Bill Walsh or Bill Parcells when it's all said and done. Just look what the dude has done already. I want to Chiefs to win this Sunday but this TITANS team I believe is far better than the TEXANS that we just beat yesterday. If Mahomes & Co. can beat the Titans they deserve to not only go to the Superbowl they will earn the right to win it IMO. But the TITANS are going to be one tough obstacle.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Just got some more "ANTONIO BROWN" news :( His agent Drew Rosenhaus has dropped him. He says until he seeks professional help from a mental health professional he will no longer try to work with AB :( . This is so sad to see a young guy who had such huge potential literally throw his life down the toilet like he's doing. But I don't blame his agent for dropping him at all. I seriously doubt now if AB could even land a job in the XFL much less ever be on another NFL team again.

It's so sad because I'm sure he had at least 4 to 5 really good years left in his career.

Back on a positive note: Who disagrees with me that Mike Vrabel should be named as NFL Coach of the Year? In line behind him should be Mike Tomlin for doing as good as he did in an almost impossible situation and still almost made the playoffs. But if the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl this Sunday I wouldn't mind if they gave the honors to Andy Reid for as hard as he has worked for so many years now. It will be most interesting to see who gets the honors this year.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Vrabel for coach of the year definitely!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:14 pm
Vrabel for coach of the year definitely!
Think I would agree.
Mike Tomlin was my favorite. But, when ya take a 9-7 wild card team to the AFC Championship, that's the difference.