NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:06 am
PATTI MAYONAISE!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha. Doug was one of my favorite shows growing up!!! So glad you said that Nick, just brought me back to some great times :D Haven't thought of that show in years.
LOL :D I’m glad someone got the reference! ;)
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I predict within 2 to 3 weeks we'll be tuned into the next episode of the AB soap opera. On everyone's favorite soap opera "As The Stomach Churns" :eek: . This ain't going away anytime soon. If master belly-ache or marcia brady think they are exempt then I've got some really bad news for them :rolleyes: . There is a serious short circuit in this guy's brain and the symptoms have just begun. Actually it kind of reminds me of literally running home from school every day to see the next episode of "Dark Shadows" :D And yes AB is a vampire of sorts>> instead of sucking blood he is literally sucking the peace and harmony out of everyone's life around him :rolleyes: and it's not going to stop anytime soon either. You can put that in the next issue of TV Guide :rolleyes:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Honestly, probably sooner depending on when the league does their investigation and interviews. Apparently they need to wait right now because the accuser is getting married and can't do an interview yet.

It will be interesting to see what he does against Miami tomorrow. He traveled with the team down there, so chances are good that he will play. He hasn't had nearly enough time learn the full playbook, but analysts are estimating he'll get around 8-10 targets on a few different pass routes. :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Patriots win 43 to 0, I had a feeling it would be a shut out! They had some unfinished business from last year to take care of! :D It was exciting to see AB get into the end zone in his first game! Some kicking troubles and injuries to the offensive line slowed them down today but still dominant as ever. The defense this year is just as impressive as the offense too, with two pick sixes to add to their lead! What a game!

The Dolphins are either in full on tank mode or they're just that bad. I thought Josh Rosen played better than Fitzpatrick when he was in. He can really sling it down field, but they just dont have the playmakers to reel it in. They're in for another whooping next week against the Cowboys.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Saints need redemption lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Steelers fell to the Seahawks. It's a household rivalry. My oldest was born in Washington and is a Seahawks fan. I come from the heart of Steelers Country. It keeps things fun around here!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:53 pm

The Dolphins are either in full on tank mode or they're just that bad. I thought Josh Rosen played better than Fitzpatrick when he was in. He can really sling it down field, but they just dont have the playmakers to reel it in. They're in for another whooping next week against the Cowboys.
I do now for sure believe that the Cowboys will be the sleeper and possibly the champs of the NFC this season. Witten looks better than he has for a long time and with Zeke playing his game I really don't see anyone in the NFC beating them at this point. They could go 14-2 or even better with the firepower they now have.

The Steelers are truly in a big bind starting out at 0-2. They are one team that can Ill afford to start out that bad. If Big Ben is hurt badly they are in terrible trouble and I would imagine it will probably put Tomlin in the un-employment line at the end of the season or maybe sooner.

The Chiefs are having their game going good but I'm now worried that Baltimore is going to be a handful next week. But we will have the home field advantage. But I will admit that Lamar Jackson has done far better that I would have thought. A lot of games left to be decided today.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:53 pm
Saints need redemption lol
Yeah they do!!! Seems like they can't catch a break either. In my opinion that fumble recovery was whistled dead too soon by the refs! Should have been a Saints touchdown. Also, hate seeing Drew Brees come out with an injury like that, I would hope it's just a short term injury.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I love seeing Teddy playing, because before that devastating injury when he was with the Vikings, his career was really starting to take off...I just don't like seeing him in because of a Brees injury. Bitter/sweet situation. I have all the respect in the world for Brees and everything he's done on the field, but even more so off of it and especially for the city of New Orleans. He has to be a God down there!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Yeah they do!!! Seems like they can't catch a break either. In my opinion that fumble recovery was whistled dead too soon by the refs! Should have been a Saints touchdown. Also, hate seeing Drew Brees come out with an injury like that, I would hope it's just a short term injury.
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:50 pm
I love seeing Teddy playing, because before that devastating injury when he was with the Vikings, his career was really starting to take off...I just don't like seeing him in because of a Brees injury. Bitter/sweet situation. I have all the respect in the world for Brees and everything he's done on the field, but even more so off of it and especially for the city of New Orleans. He has to be a God down there!!
Yeah it sucked bc it was pretty early in the game, and I'm not been gonna comment on what happened wih this one, bc a) saints just lost and b) it looks like the whole cosmos is against them, so whatever lol..
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Atlanta better do something different if they plan to beat Philly today.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:15 pm
Atlanta better do something different if they plan to beat Philly today.
Well you got your wish DOC>> Atlanta just beat Phillie in a thriller.

I'm really looking forward to the Chiefs having their home opener at ARROWHEAD Stadium against Baltimore. And I'm not taking that game for granted at all. Lamar Jackson truly looks to be a great QB in the making. I do think Mahomes can beat them at ARROWHEAD stadium but it won't be a cakewalk by any means. Baltimore gave us fits last year and it's going to be a tough contest.

Atlanta did look good tonight but Phillie fought them to the bitter end.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Falcons and Eagles are a huge rivalry. Falcons pulled it off.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:05 am
That game with Phillie & Atlanta was one of the hardest fought games so far in this 2019 season IMO. Both QBs showed a lot of poise and both defensive units did really well throughout the game IMO as well. I couldn't hardly believe that Matt Ryan had that much gas left in his tank.

I still believe that Phillie is going to regret letting Nick Foles go.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:51 am
Doc Dan wrote:
That game with Phillie & Atlanta was one of the hardest fought games so far in this 2019 season IMO. Both QBs showed a lot of poise and both defensive units did really well throughout the game IMO as well. I couldn't hardly believe that Matt Ryan had that much gas left in his tank.

I agree on all points. I’m glad Atlanta won. Just once I’d like to see them win the whole enchilada.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

Me and you both Joe!!
That team was perfect for Foles! He won the dang Super Bowl with that team!
****, Cade McCwon did better than Wentz did last night during that little time that Wentz was out! Did you see how efficiently McCown led the Eagles down the field?
I cant help but to think what Philly would be like with Foles.
If I were Phillies Head Coach, I would've just told Wentz, " hey man, Foles stays in until he cant anymore"
I agree Joe. Philly screwed up.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

As a Dallas fan I have no love for Philly but I have always thought Foles is a great player. Philly should have traded Wentz after they won the Superbowl for picks and drafted key replacement pieces to make another run at the Superbowl. New England is great at playing the compensatory picks game and not afraid to trade players for picks and they have the rings to show for it. Buy low and sell high.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:17 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

Me and you both Joe!!
That team was perfect for Foles! He won the dang Super Bowl with that team!
****, Cade McCwon did better than Wentz did last night during that little time that Wentz was out! Did you see how efficiently McCown led the Eagles down the field?
I cant help but to think what Philly would be like with Foles.
If I were Phillies Head Coach, I would've just told Wentz, " hey man, Foles stays in until he cant anymore"
I agree Joe. Philly screwed up.
I've never yet been totally sold on Wentz. And what Phillie sees in him long term has me baffled. He's injury prone for one thing and he's over-rated in some areas too IMO. Yeah I don't get it???? Win a Superbowl against the Evil Empire no less and your reward is to be shipped off to another team :confused: . And Phillie might just be reaping what they sowed as to how they treated Foles. AS good as Dallas is looking so far I'm extremely doubtful that Phillie has any chance of winning that division. Again I'm not sold on Wentz at all for several reasons. Yeah their back up did look impressive to me even though we only saw a snapshot of his talents.
Last edited by JD Spydo on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 am
As a Dallas fan I have no love for Philly but I have always thought Foles is a great player. Philly should have traded Wentz after they won the Superbowl for picks and drafted key replacement pieces to make another run at the Superbowl. New England is great at playing the compensatory picks game and not afraid to trade players for picks and they have the rings to show for it. Buy low and sell high.
As a Dallas fan you're probably in the driver's seat as far their chances of at least winning their division. With Witten back in top form and with Jason Garrett feeling the heat from the front office I think they're going to pull out all the stops this season. I think Dallas has the best chance of being the NFC's Superbowl team this season IMO.

IF they beat the Evil Empire when they play them this season I doubt if anyone can stop them from winning the NFC. Going out of their way to make Zeke Elliot happy I do believe is going to pay some huge dividends down the road IMO.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Kansas City looks so dam good this year again!
Its gonna be an interesting year.