NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, I missed a lot of the pregame show.
Did they reveal the best Dynastys?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

CONGRATZ JOE!!!!
KC Cheifs WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
Winner of Super Bowl LIV!!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, we might not see JD for days.......can yall imagine the Parties in Kansas City for tonight and thru the week?!?!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:39 pm
Lol, we might not see JD for days.......can yall imagine the Parties in Kansas City for tonight and thru the week?!?!
Well I just got back from the party and there are big fireworks going off all over town. The game has been over for almost an hour and they are still blowing off M-80s like firecrackers. The Power & Light District in Downtown KC is just absolute pandemonium. This town is truly in party mode big time.

Well I predicted about 4 posts ago that I called the Chiefs to win by 10. Well I apologize :o I missed it by one point :o But the Chiefs are kings of the NFL and I'm already looking for them to come back strong next season. I heard at the party that we have like 5 second round draft picks this coming April.

I just heard on the Radio on WHB that entire downtown area is cordoned off and the entire district has just gone crazy. I was just a kid when they won the 69-70 Superbowl but this was even much better IMO. I think Pat Mahomes will now have confidence to maybe go undefeated next season. He just keeps getting better. I've really enjoyed this season folks :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:39 pm
Well I just got back from the party and there are big fireworks going off all over town. The game has been over for almost an hour and they are still blowing off M-80s like firecrackers. The Power & Light District in Downtown KC is just absolute pandemonium. This town is truly in party mode big time.

Well I predicted about 4 posts ago that I called the Chiefs to win by 10. Well I apologize :o I missed it by one point :o But the Chiefs are kings of the NFL and I'm already looking for them to come back strong next season. I heard at the party that we have like 5 second round draft picks this coming April.

I just heard on the Radio on WHB that entire downtown area is cordoned off and the entire district has just gone crazy. I was just a kid when they won the 69-70 Superbowl but this was even much better IMO. I think Pat Mahomes will now have confidence to maybe go undefeated next season. He just keeps getting better. I've really enjoyed this season folks :)
REALLY ENJOY it JD. Your Chiefs earned it man.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Congrats JD!!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:44 pm
Congrats JD!!
I wish you all were here in KC tonight. I just heard that the party at the downtown KC Power & Light district ( party central) are all still there. I just saw a scene on TV where the KC Police were even "high fiving" all the fans. The crowd is just going nuts at the downtown district. But here in the suburbs where I live there are still fireworks going off almost 2 hours after the game is over.

Even when the Royals won the 2015 season it was nothing like this. And with 5 second round draft picks coming up in April and they get some more defense players and maybe another key running back I think we could go 14-2 next year>> maybe even be undefeated. We may be on the verge of a new football dynasty with Patrick Mahomes. I think this party could go on for a week. They finally got back to the big dance and took the trophy.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Enjoy the win JD! I know exactly how you must feel right now. ;)
And even though I wanted see Jimmy G to lead the 49ers to a Superbowl win, my next Spyderco purchase will be all thanks to Patty Mahomeboy and the Chiefs. :D

It's always great to hope your team goes undefeated, especially with such promising talent, but to expect your team to go undefeated is just unreasonable. No team is going undefeated next year (or a long time for that matter) and it would be incredibly surprising if anyone did.

Also, I'm so glad to see you value draft picks now that you know the Chiefs have a handful of early rounders. ;) I'm curious what your thoughts are now on the Rams not having any first round picks for the next 5 years? They seem F****D to me too.
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Also, this seems appropriate right about now...

https://youtu.be/eBShN8q ... gs=pl%2Cwn
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:10 am
And even though I wanted see Jimmy G to lead the 49ers to a Superbowl win, my next Spyderco purchase will be all thanks to Patty Mahomeboy and the Chiefs. :D

It's always great to hope your team goes undefeated, especially with such promising talent, but to expect your team to go undefeated is just unreasonable. No team is going undefeated next year (or a long time for that matter) and it would be incredibly surprising if anyone did.

Also, I'm so glad to see you value draft picks now that you know the Chiefs have a handful of early rounders. ;) I'm curious what your thoughts are now on the Rams not having any first round picks for the next 5 years? They seem F****D to me too.
Like I said before if I could win a Missouri Lotto scratchoff ticket for 6 digits or better I would love to take a bunch of you Spyderville elite to our beautiful ARROWHEAD stadium. I think you all would enjoy that atmosphere intensely but you better have good hearing protection :eek: Oh maybe the Chiefs won't go undefeated this next season but the way they are playing I think 14-2 or 13-3 wouldn't be out of reason at all>> after all they've had two 12-4 seasons back to back and that ain't too shabby. But your Pats went 18-0 in 2007 until they met Michael Strahan & Co and got their bubble popped in that Superbowl. So it is theoretically possible for a team to do it>> after all the Miami Dolfins did it in 1972 :rolleyes: . But with defenses as good as they are getting you're probably right that it would be similar to climbing Mt. Everest with crutches :rolleyes:

I wish you all were here in KC tonight. It's just past 1:00am and there are still super loud fireworks going off all over the city. They are even acting worse than L.A. Lakers fans :o And we know how out of hand they can get :D I also just heard that downtown KC is still partying hard with all the streets blocked off. It is going to be interesting to see what Andy and Spags do with all those draft picks they got coming up in April.

And the 49ers will probably be back too. Shanahan has done a nice job with that team. Also I believe the Ravens will be knocking on the door next season as well. But for now the Chiefs can relax for a little while anyway.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:11 am
Also, this seems appropriate right about now...

https://youtu.be/eBShN8q ... gs=pl%2Cwn
That's very gracious of you man.
SF played a brilliant game and came very close.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:

Wow, didnt really realize that about the Rams!
They are up the creek!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:06 am
Mushroom wrote:

Wow, didnt really realize that about the Rams!
They are up the creek!
Soo, I was wrong about their draft picks... I'm an idiot! LOL They haven't had a first round pick since 2017 and won't have one this year or next year. Which totals five straight years of not having a first round pick. I still think they're pretty screwed when it comes to acquiring young talent and being truly competitive. It will eventually be incredibly hard for them to afford all their talent without some developing players on rookie deals.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:10 am
Mushroom wrote:

Like I said before if I could win a Missouri Lotto scratchoff ticket for 6 digits or better I would love to take a bunch of you Spyderville elite to our beautiful ARROWHEAD stadium. I think you all would enjoy that atmosphere intensely but you better have good hearing protection :eek: Oh maybe the Chiefs won't go undefeated this next season but the way they are playing I think 14-2 or 13-3 wouldn't be out of reason at all>> after all they've had two 12-4 seasons back to back and that ain't too shabby. But your Pats went 18-0 in 2007 until they met Michael Strahan & Co and got their bubble popped in that Superbowl. So it is theoretically possible for a team to do it>> after all the Miami Dolfins did it in 1972 :rolleyes: . But with defenses as good as they are getting you're probably right that it would be similar to climbing Mt. Everest with crutches :rolleyes:

I wish you all were here in KC tonight. It's just past 1:00am and there are still super loud fireworks going off all over the city. They are even acting worse than L.A. Lakers fans :o And we know how out of hand they can get :D I also just heard that downtown KC is still partying hard with all the streets blocked off. It is going to be interesting to see what Andy and Spags do with all those draft picks they got coming up in April.

And the 49ers will probably be back too. Shanahan has done a nice job with that team. Also I believe the Ravens will be knocking on the door next season as well. But for now the Chiefs can relax for a little while anyway.
KC will be partying this whole week! :D Stay Safe, JD!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Anyone else notice that Kyle Shanahan has let up on the gas in 2 Superbowls... 🤔
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 am
Anyone else notice that Kyle Shanahan has let up on the gas in 2 Superbowls... 🤔
I think Shanahan tried too many of those trick plays and the Chief's D got wise to them quickly. They blew a lot of opportunities and just couldn't capitalize on the Chief's mistakes.

OK now that Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes have got over the hump there is no reason why they can't be there next season. And the season after that as long as they can keep some key players.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

They will undoubtedly be a playoff caliber team for a while. Like you said though, they will need to be able to hold on to their key players. Patrick Mahomes is eventually going to get a gamebreaking contract, well above market value. Though he deserves it, it's going to make affording the key pieces around him even more difficult. It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs manage it all.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Just saw Shannon Sharpe post this on Instagram -

Shannon Sharpe had been riding the Chiefs bandwagon all season, until the Superbowl when he flipped his pick because of his relationship with Mike and Kyle Shanahan. He's kind of known for just jumping onto bandwagons, so he gets a lot of heat on social media. Even though he openly roots against the Patriots, I still find him very entertaining and really like his show with Skip Bayless.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:38 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Just saw Shannon Sharpe post this on Instagram -

Shannon Sharpe had been riding the Chiefs bandwagon all season, until the Superbowl when he flipped his pick because of his relationship with Mike and Kyle Shanahan. He's kind of known for just jumping onto bandwagons, so he gets a lot of heat on social media. Even though he openly roots against the Patriots, I still find him very entertaining and really like his show with Skip Bayless.
Dude, that's hilarious!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am
They will undoubtedly be a playoff caliber team for a while. Like you said though, they will need to be able to hold on to their key players. Patrick Mahomes is eventually going to get a gamebreaking contract, well above market value. Though he deserves it, it's going to make affording the key pieces around him even more difficult. It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs manage it all.
I couldn't agree with you more. But Kelce, Hill, Clark and Mathieu are all locked for the next 3 to 4 years for starters. Chris Jones just said on local sports radio that he wants to be a Chief for the remainder of his career>> I sure hope that they can ink a deal with him. Sammy Watkins contract has run out and I got a feeling that he might become a free agent. But that's cool because they got Mecole Hardman and he just keeps getting better.

They need to really look for some defense picks in the upcoming draft. But so many of the guys have said that they love working with Andy Reid. But it will be interesting to see what develops by this coming pre-season in August. There will be some changes of course but I do think they are probably good for at least the next two years if nothing else.