NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:28 am
I've never yet been totally sold on Wentz. And what Phillie sees in him long term has me baffled. He's injury prone for one thing and he's over-rated in some areas too IMO. Yeah I don't get it???? Win a Superbowl against the Evil Empire no less and your reward is to be shipped off to another team :confused: . And Phillie might just be reaping what they sowed as to how they treated Foles. AS good as Dallas is looking so far I'm extremely doubtful that Phillie has any chance of winning that division. Again I'm not sold on Wentz at all for several reasons. Yeah their back up did look impressive to me even though we only saw a snapshot of his talents.
I completely agree with this whole post, but mostly that I’m not completely sold on Wentz either! Pretty much for the same reasons too. I understand not being able to keep both Wentz and Foles from a cap perspective but in terms of talent right now, I think the clear choice was Foles. Wentz might have a higher ceiling because of age but he doesn’t seem like he can stay healthy long enough to last. Hopefully they won’t need it, but I seriously doubt they could win in the playoffs with their current backup situation. I see Dallas winning that division this year as well.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well it's official>> Big Ben Roethlisberger is out for the entire 2019 season. I just got the news about 15 minutes ago. There's already rumors that they might be signing Colin Kaepernick>> but do understand they are nothing but rumors thus far. I've seen Stephen A. Smith wrong before. Personally I think there's a behind the scenes blackball agreement concerning Colin. But again that's rumor too and I have nothing rock solid to base that on.

But if there's a chance that Kaepernick will re-enter the league this is the best one I've seen yet. Sorry Steeler's fans I think the 2019 season is toast for the fans and the Rooney Family both.

Right now my mind is on the Chief's upcoming game with Baltimore. After watching some videos I'm now really worried about Lamar Jackson. I think he might be second in the league to only Mahomes IMO. The one thing I like is that this upcoming game with the Chiefs vs Baltimore is that they have to play us at ARROWHEAD Stadium>> which won't be an easy chore for Lamar Jackson ( or any other QB for that matter). No visiting team likes to play us at home :cool: And I want to keep it that way too :D

If the Chiefs can get over this hurdle I don't see anyone potentially stopping the Chiefs & Mahomes until they meet Green Bay at the end of next month.
Aaron Rogers is the type of QB that could potentially ruin your day.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh wow. There goes Pittsburgh....
Thanx for the 411 JD.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm
Oh wow. There goes Pittsburgh....
Thanx for the 411 JD.
Just goes to show you how fast this league can change. Sometimes superstars are created out of adversity. And who knows maybe their back up might just be the next Kurt Warner for all we know. Kurt Warner literally came out of nowhere in the 1999-2000 season. A year before he was Superbowl MVP he was stocking grocery shelves in a Hy Vee Grocery store. Which goes to show you how fast a team can fall out of favor or how fast they can come out of nowhere and win the big one.

NFL Football is one of the few sports to where just one player being gone can ruin the entire team's chemistry. In a way I wish they would give Colin Kaepernick another chance. Heck he did take the 49ers to the Superbowl even though he didn't win>> but that should be worth something. And he didn't go to prison like Michael Vick did :rolleyes: <<>> and Michael Vick got another chance. But I sure wouldn't ink a contract with him unless he agreed to quit his nonsense on the field. Your workplace isn't where you do your political stuff at in my opinion.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

If ANY NFL team could sign Kaepernick and not cause a giant crap storm, it would be the Rooneys.
The Pittsburgh Steelers organization is just NFL royalty. Pretty much above reproach. Authors of course of the Rooney Rule.
I'd like to see it happen. But, Kaepernick would need to really behave himself. He already made his point imo.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:27 am
If ANY NFL team could sign Kaepernick and not cause a giant crap storm, it would be the Rooneys.
The Pittsburgh Steelers organization is just NFL royalty. Pretty much above reproach. Authors of course of the Rooney Rule.
I'd like to see it happen. But, Kaepernick would need to really behave himself. He already made his point imo.
I couldn't agree with you more. Personally I'm not a big fan of Kaepernick per se but I would like to see him get another chance. GOD knows I did some really stupid, moronic things when I was his age and people do eventually grow up and see reality. And Michael Vick really redeemed himself and Andy Reid was truly a like a father figure to him and Vick had enough sense to realize it when Andy gave him a second chance at the NFL. And if it were not for Andy Reid I'm not sure anyone in the league at that time would have given him another chance.

But Kaepernick needs to realize that you don't do your political, social or religious endeavors at your "WORKPLACE" for crying out loud. If he would agree with the Rooney's to keep his mouth shut and his bowels open I bet he could resurrect his career and everyone involved would be a winner. If he does get a second chance at the NFL he better have enough sense to be appreciative of it. But if the rumor of him being "black-balled" behind the scenes by all the NFL owners is true then it may not even be possible.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 am
MacLaren wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more. Personally I'm not a big fan of Kaepernick per se but I would like to see him get another chance. GOD knows I did some really stupid, moronic things when I was his age and people do eventually grow up and see reality. And Michael Vick really redeemed himself and Andy Reid was truly a like a father figure to him and Vick had enough sense to realize it when Andy gave him a second chance at the NFL. And if it were not for Andy Reid I'm not sure anyone in the league at that time would have given him another chance.

But Kaepernick needs to realize that you don't do your political, social or religious endeavors at your "WORKPLACE" for crying out loud. If he would agree with the Rooney's to keep his mouth shut and his bowels open I bet he could resurrect his career and everyone involved would be a winner. If he does get a second chance at the NFL he better have enough sense to be appreciative of it. But if the rumor of him being "black-balled" behind the scenes by all the NFL owners is true then it may not even be possible.
Yup. I dont think theres any doubt that he was black balled behind the scenes by the owners. Hes far, far, too talented not to be playing in the NFL to be honest.
Agree with all you said my friend. Great points allround.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:40 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 am
MacLaren wrote:

Yup. I dont think theres any doubt that he was black balled behind the scenes by the owners. Hes far, far, too talented not to be playing in the NFL to be honest.
Agree with all you said my friend. Great points allround.
Yeah and I don't think that Antonio Brown is very far behind him either. He will either have a severe falling out with Brady or Bellychuck or possibly even both of them at the same time. I seriously doubt if he makes it to the Bye week with the Evil Empire. They are going to be really sorry they took on his baggage. It might be sooner than you think too.
When these stupidity cases get blessed with a lot of money they just seem to lose whatever common sense they ever had>> if any. They get a false sense of security only to blow it all and ultimately to be working a 9 to 5 job about 3 years later. The list of mega-dollar athletes that go broke quickly is a very long one for sure.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I dont think theres any doubt that he was black balled behind the scenes by the owners. Hes far, far, too talented not to be playing in the NFL to be honest.
My best guess is if he was that talented he would be still playing. He is toxic to many fans but he isn't the first nor will he be the last. We Americans have the attention span of goldfish. If he was good enough to be playing he would be. There are lots of talented players who don't work out in the NFL. I don't buy any black list stuff in Kapernick's case. My guess is he is waaay out of NFL shape by now and it would take a lot of time and huge effort to get him in NFL condition, and that is only the beginning for someone at the quarterback position.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Mastiff wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm
I dont think theres any doubt that he was black balled behind the scenes by the owners. Hes far, far, too talented not to be playing in the NFL to be honest.
My best guess is if he was that talented he would be still playing. He is toxic to many fans but he isn't the first nor will he be the last. We Americans have the attention span of goldfish. If he was good enough to be playing he would be. There are lots of talented players who don't work out in the NFL. I don't buy any black list stuff in Kapernick's case. My guess is he is waaay out of NFL shape by now and it would take a lot of time and huge effort to get him in NFL condition, and that is only the beginning for someone at the quarterback position.
According to Stephen A. Smith and two other noteworthy sports reporters is that kaepernick has been on a very rigid training regimen for the past few months anticipating a possible return to the NFL. Now you are partly right>> because to say that he is black-balled by the team owners is all rumor and conjecture at this point. But when you consider the terrible lackluster lack of talent at the QB position in the NFL it's probably more lop sided than I remember it in recent times. It's either someone with the talent of Brady, Mahomes or Prescott or it's absolute no names like the QBs for the Jets, Dolfins, Bills or a handful of other teams.
No Kaepernick did take a team to the Superbowl which puts him at a minimum of above average to good. Not to mention the teams that could desperately use him for a back up QB at this time. Can't prove the NFL owners boycott/blackball but I would not be surprised either. That is one big group of very rich and extremely powerful men. Money Talks and BS Walks>>> Yes they could do that if they wanted. Because his protest kneeling did indeed make a lot of people behind the scenes very angry I can assure you.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

The one thing that is the same for all the owners is their desire to field teams that win and hopefully go to a superbowl. If just one of them thought he was good enough he would have never left much less stayed out. They would be outbidding each other for him like they do real winning QB's. Him going to a superbowl with a very good team does not mean he is better than others that have been playing since. Now this year with all the injuries we just might see what he has left. As far as reporters go that means little to me. I've seen a couple reporters that wrote positive stories about him that seemed like they were more attempts to up their PC cred. and prove their "wokeness" than attempts to prove why he was better than the others trying hard to play QB who only work hard and keep their nose clean instead of trying to be something else entirely.

BTW, not all owners are conservative. Some are very left leaning so why would they care about Kapernick's activism?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Many players that have been cut have tried to make it back onto a NFL roster. Not many are successful. It's very much a what have you done for me lately league. His Superbowl appearance gets forgotten by the owners once you sue them.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Denver offered him a contract and he passed on it. It wasn't enough money for him. The choice not to play football was his.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The reason Kaepernick turned down the offer was due to money.
Hes worth more money than what they offered him.
From a business standpoint I dont blame him.
Hes certainly good enough to start in the NFL.
I'm really suprised the Dolphins aren't going after him .....talk about a long arse season...
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:57 pm
The reason Kaepernick turned down the offer was due to money.
Hes worth more money than what they offered him.
From a business standpoint I dont blame him.
Hes certainly good enough to start in the NFL.
I'm really suprised the Dolphins aren't going after him .....talk about a long arse season...
The Dolphins might actually win a game if they had Kaepernick, they don't want him this year! :D They look like the first team ever where the coaching staff wants to go 0-16.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Such a joke. Rest of the division is easily handed 2 wins this year!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Dolphins have been so bad for so long. Not even Dan Marino could save that franchise. They are cursed or something just like the Browns.
Spydergirl88
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

You are only worth what someone is willing to pay you. That is how a free market works. It doesn’t matter if Kap or any of his fans think he is worth more. Denver offered him like $7 mil a year and he passed. That was the only offer he got and he passed on it.

Miami is tanking on purpose. We will see how that plays out.

I thought that the Steelers might sign Kap. Seems like it could be a good fit.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Tanking is pointless if your front office sucks at evaluating draft picks
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:02 am
Tanking is pointless if your front office sucks at evaluating draft picks
Well it did work for the Colts back when they had Andrew Luck in their radar. There were even T-Shirts that said "Suck For Luck".

As bad as a few of the NFL teams are at this point I don't think there are more than 2 that a strategy like that would even help much IMO. With the exception of Quarterbacks there really aren't many single players out there that would make a huge difference anyway. I do remember when the Buffalo Bills got Jim Kelly ( Yeah I'm that old :o ) along with coach Marv Levy it did seem to make an almost overnight difference with that team at that time. But those are rare exceptions and very, very few that come to my memory.