NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the official 2019-2020 NFL Season is being launched this evening ( 09-05-19). I'm still a bit edgy about the Chief's first game against Jacksonville this Sunday. Because JacksonVille has just the type of defense that could cause Patrick Mahomes & Co. some problems. But I do believe that the Chief's have a potentially explosive season ahead. I do think they did some major repair work with that horrible Chief's defense this off-season. Now I know you guys & gals have your own favorite teams to watch so let's get this conversation started. It's time for a new year of hard core NFL football boys & girls :cool: This won't be a season for the faint and weary :D

Two sleeper teams I'm worried about at this point in the AFC are Oakland and Cleveland. They could potentially upset the apple cart in the AFC. In the NFC I got a sneaking suspicion that Dallas may have their ducks in a row this season. I see that they finally inked a deal with Zeke Elliot as well as Jason Witten returning. I also think Green Bay might be a surprise in the NFC this year as well with a new coaching staff in place.

OK boys & girls let the show begin>> the first game between the Bears and Packers should be a good one. But I guess we'll know more come December you think :rolleyes: ??? But I'm still hoping that this will be the "Year of the Chiefs". I'd like to see the Chiefs win another SuperBowl while Lenny Dawson is still with us. So let's hear about your favorite teams for the 2019 season :cool: OK folks>> LET's GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!! :cool:
this_is_nascar

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by this_is_nascar »

Sorry. I stopped supporting the NFL when they decided not to intervene during the kneeling incidents.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

this_is_nascar wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:22 am
Sorry. I stopped supporting the NFL when they decided not to intervene during the kneeling incidents.
Wahhhh waaaaahhhh waaaaahhhh...all that whining about kneeling is getting old. Joe is clearly excited about the start of the football season, that's what this thread is about. Go watch your racecars drive in a circle for 500 miles, start your own thread about it.

Joe, I'm also excited for the season kicking off tonight and this weekend! Not much to look forward to for my Giants, but excited as a fan in general. Tonight's game is a good first game I think. Division rivals, Packers hoping to bounce back and Chicago looking to maintain their dominance they showed last year!

Chief's certainly look like a team that can easily average 30 points a game, hoping for many primetime games because their fun to watch! Cleveland definitely has all the parts now on both offense and defense...interested to see if all the large egos they have can be put aside and come together as a team.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nice thread and post JD!

Man, where to begin?
First thing/team that comes to my mind are the Raiders.
Especially since they acquired Antonio Brown. Imo, the most talented and prolly best receiver in the N.F.L.
But, A.B. is one helluva primidonna! I'm really anxious to see how the Raiders season plays out. I wander if Gruden will handle situations with Brown when they arise ( and they will arise! Lol )
the same way Mike Tomlin did or, will Gruden actually crack the whip on Brown. I also wander about the Pittsburgh Steelers nearly as much as I do the Raiders. Now, that the Steelers have lost the best receiver in Brown and arguably the best running back in Bell. But, the Steelers feel as two huge distractions/primidonna's are gone . It will be very interesting to see how the Steelers season unfolds as well.
That being said, I think Dallas may be a team to be reckoned with this year. And they darn well should be with the best offensive line in the N.F.L.
It's also gonna be really interesting to see how Rodgers new offense works tonight. The Packers having a new coach and all.
Its gonna be a great year imo, JD.
And, we'll have a good time dissecting this years action ole buddy :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:46 am
this_is_nascar wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:22 am
Wahhhh waaaaahhhh waaaaahhhh...all that whining about kneeling is getting old. Joe is clearly excited about the start of the football season, that's what this thread is about. Go watch your racecars drive in a circle for 500 miles, start your own thread about it.

Joe, I'm also excited for the season kicking off tonight and this weekend! Not much to look forward to for my Giants, but excited as a fan in general. Tonight's game is a good first game I think. Division rivals, Packers hoping to bounce back and Chicago looking to maintain their dominance they showed last year!

Chief's certainly look like a team that can easily average 30 points a game, hoping for many primetime games because their fun to watch! Cleveland definitely has all the parts now on both offense and defense...interested to see if all the large egos they have can be put aside and come together as a team.
Hehehe......way to go buddy!! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Also, guys, I think another team to keep your eye on this year will be the Cardinals, with Kyler Murray. Murray, could very well have a season like Patty Mahomes had. ......well, notbas much team success, but a lot of individual success. I dont think the Cardinals are nearly as talented as the Chiefs. Although a great player can take a poor team a long ways, sometimes....
Another team to watch will be the New York Football Giants imo.
I think they are dangerous as **** with Barkley and Manning.
I feel that with the right Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator, the Giants can be very hard to beat! A lot of that will be on Manning though. And, imo, Eli could have a great season. Dont count out the Giants or Eli.

Edit

Teams that I feel will really underperform this year.....
A couple come to mind
1. The Carolina Panthers
2. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I'm sure there will be more, as they always are but, for now those two come to mind.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Woohoo! Football is finally back!!!

I'm definitely excited to see some real action tonight! What I'm really excited about, is the Patriots vs Steelers season opener this Sunday night!
It's certainly going to be interesting how the Steelers manage their offense without AB but they still have some weapons! James Conner proved he's a legit running back after filling in for Leveon Bell last season and Juju Smith-Shuster is becoming a top their talent! I have a lot of confidence in the Patrtiots defense this season though! They've made some big time moves and I' m predicting they're a top 5 defense this year!

I dont think Cleveland is much of a sleeper. People are talking about them like they're Superbowl favorites... They definitely added some big names to their roster, but they still haven't done anything with them. They're under a lot of pressure to perform and I'm excited to watch them this season but they need to prove themselves still! And yet, they're probably the only team I will follow the whole season other than the Patriots!

I'm probably wrong, but I kind of look at Oakland like they're candidates to be on HardKnocks two years in a row... I can just see them trying to force feed the ball to AB and end up getting him hurt. They're another team that really needs to put their money where there mouth is and prove they're a legit team.

On the Cowboys, I wonder if they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with all these big money contracts, similar to how Seattle did. I dont know how their salary cap looks right now but in my opinion, they're going to need to cash in on a Superbowl soon to take advantage of their current talent!
-Nick :bug-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Go Pats!!! The Steelers are a mess. They don’t stand a chance.

KC will be a strong team again. They are always fun to watch and I Iike Mahomes.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Welp, there goes Antonio Brown!!! Suspended for his big mouth. Not that it's anything to joke about, but I honestly think he's suffered CTE ever since Burfict leveled him in the playoffs a couple years ago. He's been off his rocker ever since.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
... my Giants...
Now it all makes sense that we used to butt heads... I'm a Cowboys fan! :p

The Dolphins are in full tank mode getting rid of their left tackle Tunsil. I'm assuming they are trying to Tank for Tua?

The Raiders have got the Steelers feeling great today! Lol.

My Superbowl prediction is the Dallas Cowboys vs. the Dallas Texans of Kansas City. (sorry JD couldn't resist)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:56 am
Welp, there goes Antonio Brown!!! Suspended for his big mouth.
LOL! I’m actually not surprised at all! He’s been nothing but a headache for them this offseason.
Sounds like they’re setting the stage to pull that $30 million rug out from under his frostbitten feet! :D
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
... my Giants...

The Dolphins are in full tank mode getting rid of their left tackle Tunsil. I'm assuming they are trying to Tank for Tua?

My Superbowl prediction is the Dallas Cowboys vs. the Dallas Texans of Kansas City. (sorry JD couldn't resist)
Hahha, could be! You Cowboys fans are EVERYWHERE...plenty up here in NY as well! Now that Zeke has signed, the drama behind them...I hate to admit, but they are definitely built to go far this year. Both sides of the ball are looking good.

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:25 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:56 am
Welp, there goes Antonio Brown!!! Suspended for his big mouth.
LOL! I’m actually not surprised at all! He’s been nothing but a headache for them this offseason.
Sounds like they’re setting the stage to pull that $30 million rug out from under his frostbitten feet! :D
At this point, I don't care how good of a player you are...you're already too much for me and my organization and haven't even played a single meaningful down!!! Gruden LOVED HIM as a Steeler, gushing every Steelers game he broadcasted. He HAS to be having 2nd thoughts as well now. I did read there was a way they can get some of that money back because some of the contract was performance based?

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 am

KC will be a strong team again. They are always fun to watch and I Iike Mahomes.
Lol, funny you the Steelers are a mess Darby. A lot of the top guys in football are picking the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl.
Now, dont get me wrong. One sees that Pittsburgh loose AB and Bell and think oh man. But, that's exactly why the experts are picking the Steelers to go all the way.
AB and Bell were both huge Primidonna's
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

I'm going to go with a safe prediction. The Vikings will start off strong, start losing midseason, get their act together, barely make the playoffs, and lose in the first round or two by a field goal.

I'm hoping for a good season for the Cowboys. However, I'd feel better about their chances if they'd get a new head coach. I think they've got everything else they need to win a championship.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
... my Giants...

Well Spydergirl I was well aware that the Chiefs used to be the Dallas Texans>> actually the Chief's owner Clark Hunt lives in Dallas but also owns a lot of other stuff here in KC as well. But if you were to ask that question at a Sports Bar I bet there wouldn't be one person there that would know all of that. I was just a kid at the time but I still vividly remember Kansas City getting the Chiefs from Dallas TX.
And you're so right about the Steeler's laughing their selves silly over AB's antics. I predict Oakland will either trade or waive him before Thankgiving. Andy Reid is too smart to go after locker room poison like that. He learned his lesson the hard way with one "T. O." :rolleyes: Yeah Antonio Brown is even worse poison than T. O. was :eek: Who the **** is he trying to impress anyway. :(
The poor Dolfins died the day Dan Marino retired :rolleyes:

Well I'm looking forward Sunday to the "Patrick Mahomes" Show>> you'll see it live this Sunday on CBS. Let the show begin!!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:49 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
... my Giants...

Hahha, could be! You Cowboys fans are EVERYWHERE...plenty up here in NY as well! Now that Zeke has signed, the drama behind them...I hate to admit, but they are definitely built to go far this year. Both sides of the ball are looking good.
Well they got their big contract with Ezekiel Elliot >> but I've heard that Dak Prescott is angry for some reason. And with Jason Witten returning I think Dallas has about as good a chance as anyone in the NFC this upcoming season.

I'm starting to think that the Chicago Bears might be a sleeper and might surprise some folks this year.
Last edited by JD Spydo on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:29 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 am

Lol, funny you the Steelers are a mess Darby. A lot of the top guys in football are picking the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl.
Now, dont get me wrong. One sees that Pittsburgh loose AB and Bell and think oh man. But, that's exactly why the experts are picking the Steelers to go all the way.
AB and Bell were both huge Primidonna's
I know it's a bit early but I predict both of those guys are going to have their careers take serious nose-dives :rolleyes: Heck even Kareem Hunt is even better than Bell IMO. And I'm sure the Steeler's had a "Good Riddance" party when they dumped A.B. I also predict that both of those guys will end up broke within 5 years after they leave the NFL. Both of those guys would have done extremely well had they stayed with the Steelers. I bet Big Ben is relieved to be rid of both of them.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Frozenspyder wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:30 pm
I'm going to go with a safe prediction. The Vikings will start off strong, start losing midseason, get their act together, barely make the playoffs, and lose in the first round or two by a field goal.

I'm hoping for a good season for the Cowboys. However, I'd feel better about their chances if they'd get a new head coach. I think they've got everything else they need to win a championship.
The two best QBs that the Vikings ever had were Brett Favre and Fran Tarkenton. Now I did think that Jeff George did well with them too>> especially when they had Randy Moss..
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:18 pm
Frozenspyder wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:30 pm

The two best QBs that the Vikings ever had were Brett Favre and Fran Tarkenton. Now I did think that Jeff George did well with them too>> especially when they had Randy Moss..
Daunte Culpepper had some good Vikings years as well
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb