NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by Mushroom »

If the Raiders claimed his conduct was detrimental to the good of the franchise, they could've got out of that $30 million dollar deal for basically nothing! I genuinely think Mayock was ready to cut bait and ship him out! (I wish he did! :rolleyes: ) Then I assume AB and his agent got wind of those plans and he was forced to apologize!

There are already reports out that AB apologized and that the Raiders plan to have him out there versus the Broncos for their season opener.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:17 pm
If the Raiders claimed his conduct was detrimental to the good of the franchise, they could've got out of that $30 million dollar deal for basically nothing! I genuinely think Mayock was ready to cut bait and ship him out! (I wish he did! :rolleyes: ) Then I assume AB and his agent got wind of those plans and he was forced to apologize!

There are already reports out that AB apologized and that the Raiders plan to have him out there versus the Broncos for their season opener.
Yeah I just now did hear that on our ESPN affiliate here in KC. You would think that Gruden would have learned his lesson with Keyshaun Johnson and a couple of others he's had to deal with. I understand the pressure for an NFL team to win but show me one time where locker room poison paid anyone a dividend. They always come back to haunt you somehow and at the team's expense usually.

I heard that Mike Tomlin and Big Ben both bent over even past the backwards to try to appease this delbert/idiot>> Well they can certainly laugh big now can't they :D

A good friend who just walked in the door just now told me also that A. B. has been fined again for his harsh verbal treatment of Mike Mayock. I hope it's upward of the 6 digit price range this time. Total idiot that thinks he's too good to wear the same NFL approved helmet that everyone else in the NFL wears. None of the KC Chiefs griped about it at all>> not even one person on our team said anything about the newer helmets >> Oh we haven't heard the end of this sick saga with Antonio "blow hard" Brown to say the least :rolleyes:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gruden saved Browns *** guys. Plain and simple.
Its must've been a real power struggle between Gruden and Mayock. Gruden won.
The Raiders had their chance to cut ties and get out of that contract clean. But, they didnt.
Things may go smooth the rest of the month. But, Brown is always gonna be Brown and there will be more drama down the road.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

AB just posted a recording of a phone call he supposedly had with Gruden. This guy has lost his mind or they are in on it together.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:17 pm
The Raiders had their chance to cut ties and get out of that contract clean. But, they didnt.
Things may go smooth the rest of the month. But, Brown is always gonna be Brown and there will be more drama down the road.
Shannon Sharpe just predicted on his show that Brown won't make it past game 5 of this season.

One thing that comes to mind was said by the late actress Elizabeth Taylor. There was a time back in the 60s after she did the Cleopatra movie>> her agent told her that her behavior was making bad publicity>>> she went on to say something I'll never forget>> she ( Elizabeth Taylor) said that there was no such thing as bad publicity>> she said that all publicity was good no matter what the content. Well it did seem to work for her throughout her career>> I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it will work for A. B. or not because I also believe that Antonio "Blow Hard" Brown must be using the same strategy the Liz Taylor used. No you just can't make that stuff up now can you :rolleyes: :D
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

You sure can't! Here we go NFL 2019!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:33 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:17 pm
Shannon Sharpe just predicted on his show that Brown won't make it past game 5 of this season.

One thing that comes to mind was said by the late actress Elizabeth Taylor. There was a time back in the 60s after she did the Cleopatra movie>> her agent told her that her behavior was making bad publicity>>> she went on to say something I'll never forget>> she ( Elizabeth Taylor) said that there was no such thing as bad publicity>> she said that all publicity was good no matter what the content. Well it did seem to work for her throughout her career>> I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it will work for A. B. or not because I also believe that Antonio "Blow Hard" Brown must be using the same strategy the Liz Taylor used. No you just can't make that stuff up now can you :rolleyes: :D
I hear ya JD :)

It also strikes me as very sad in a way.
Antonio Brown has flat out incredible skills. He's as fast as lightning and can catch anything.
He is just not very professional at all though.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The AB situation is exploding!
He just announced in a tweet, for the Raiders to " release me! "
This after the news that the Raiders fined Brown $215,000 AND VOIDED his guarantee part of the contract.
They tore him up!!
Seems like the news just keeps pouring in.....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

" NO WAY " says Brown about playing after loosing guarantees.

This is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I dont normally care that much about stuff outside of the game itself, but man oh man, I would love to be a fly on the wall in John Grudens office lol....
I'll be he is freakin LIVID....

Edit.....
All this makes me really respect what Mike Tomlin went thru!
At least he was able to have Brown play week to week.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

WOW! :eek: This really is unbelievable. He's definitely getting released now, there is zero chance he plays a game for Raiders.
I also just read that on top of losing the $30 million dollar contract and being fined $215k, he is no longer entitled to termination pay from the Raiders! All of this actually makes Bell's situation last year seem reasonable! LOL

Also, AB posted this video to youtube 12 hours ago which gives a little clip of a private conversation with Gruden.
https://youtu.be/uCH_NCZ ... gs=pl%2Cwn
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 am
WOW! :eek: This really is unbelievable. He's definitely getting released now, there is zero chance he plays a game for Raiders.
I also just read that on top of losing the $30 million dollar contract and being fined $215k, he is no longer entitled to termination pay from the Raiders! All of this actually makes Bell's situation last year seem reasonable! LOL

Also, AB posted this video to youtube 12 hours ago which gives a little clip of a private conversation with Gruden.
Dude......it feels like he just intentionally sabotaged himself out of 30 million dollars. ......this is INSANE.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

He is clearly mentally ill and now he's been released by the raiders!
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 am
Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 am

Dude......it feels like he just intentionally sabotaged himself out of 30 million dollars. ......this is INSANE.
Yeah, seriously! I cant imagine any team giving him a chance after this. It's probably better for him that he just retires from football anyway.

Annnnd its official - From the Raiders twitter page - "The Raiders have released WR Antonio brown from the team today."

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm already hearing rumors that the only potential landing spot for AB after this, is the Patriots...
I have my doubts that it will happen, but there are very few people as unpredictable as Belichick. All I can do now is sit back and hope that it does NOT happen!
I hope AB just retires.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:48 am
I'm already hearing rumors that the only potential landing spot for AB after this, is the Patriots...
I have my doubts that it will happen, but there are very few people as unpredictable as Belichick. All I can do now is sit back and hope that it does NOT happen!
I hope AB just retires.
I would say that's spot on.
It's like if Belichick can't do anything with ya, then your gone.
Remember how they tried with Tebow?
Those NFL owners will come together. Dont think they wont lol.
( and I'm not saying you are ;) )
- But, you know what I mean. Look at Kaepernick.
AB has pretty much black balled himself.
I would also agree with Spydirgril that something ain't right with AB. ****, the Raiders were so good to him. They extended his contract and gave him guaranteed money, and he just dam well did everything he could to sabotage that!
And, his reasoning is that he doesn't want to conform to the system that always worked against him????
I really wish someone would ask him to expand on that statement.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I don't think even the Patriots would put up with this guy. They already have their hands full with Gordon as it is.

I see him signing with San Fran or Philly. Though my Giants are in need of a true #1 receiver :rolleyes:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

the rumors... the reports.... :(
https://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ

AB to the Patriots! 1 year up to $15 million - $9 million signing bonus!
He better not screw this locker room up! I'm just dreading the potential to see what happened in Oakland, happen here in New England.

On the other hand though... HOLY $#!^... Tom Brady is about to be throwing to Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon, Demaryius Thomas, N'Keal Harry, and now Antonio Brown.... :eek: :eek: :eek: If they can keep his drama away from the team, this is going to be an incredible season!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

He is signing with the Patriots. 😐
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:24 pm
He is signing with the Patriots. 😐
Lol, I am afraid so.
Check out espn.com
This is the CRAZIEST nfl day ever lol...