NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:25 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:18 pm
Frozenspyder wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:30 pm
I'm going to go with a safe prediction. The Vikings will start off strong, start losing midseason, get their act together, barely make the playoffs, and lose in the first round or two by a field goal.

I'm hoping for a good season for the Cowboys. However, I'd feel better about their chances if they'd get a new head coach. I think they've got everything else they need to win a championship.
The two best QBs that the Vikings ever had were Brett Favre and Fran Tarkenton. Now I did think that Jeff George did well with them too>> especially when they had Randy Moss..
Daunte Culpepper had some good Vikings years as well
Yeah I'll go along with that. But even Dennis Green said before he died that Daunte Culpepper kind of disappointed him. I always liked Denny Green as a head coach. I also thought that Brad Childress really got a bad rap considering all he was up against. Heck he was just one game from the big Dance when he had Favre throwing for him. The two Favre years were exciting for that franchise for sure.

For a while I thought Culpepper and Randy Moss were going to be the next "Montana and Rice" but it sure didn't pan out for whatever reason :confused:
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

As much as I'd like to correct Frozen, I think they are right. For 2 years I had a bet that if the Vikings got a ring, I would also. I was let down. I love my Vikings no matter what but I'm not going to get my hopes up. My only hope is that the Cowboys don't get to and win the superbowl... I don't want their logo on my butt.

With that being said I think the Vikings need a better o-line and we need Cousins to move more. He drops back and just stays, that's why he gets hit so much. I would have loved to keep Bradford if he wasn't made of paper skin and glass bones. I'm hoping Diggs recovers from his hamstring thing soon, he is vital to our offense.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Knifemom117 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:38 pm
As much as I'd like to correct Frozen, I think they are right. For 2 years I had a bet that if the Vikings got a ring, I would also. I was let down. I love my Vikings no matter what but I'm not going to get my hopes up. My only hope is that the Cowboys don't get to and win the superbowl... I don't want their logo on my butt.

With that being said I think the Vikings need a better o-line and we need Cousins to move more. He drops back and just stays, that's why he gets hit so much. I would have loved to keep Bradford if he wasn't made of paper skin and glass bones. I'm hoping Diggs recovers from his hamstring thing soon, he is vital to our offense.
Oh no you made a tattoo bet?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:29 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 am
Go Pats!!! The Steelers are a mess. They don’t stand a chance.

KC will be a strong team again. They are always fun to watch and I Iike Mahomes.
Lol, funny you the Steelers are a mess Darby. A lot of the top guys in football are picking the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl.
Now, dont get me wrong. One sees that Pittsburgh loose AB and Bell and think oh man. But, that's exactly why the experts are picking the Steelers to go all the way.
AB and Bell were both huge Primidonna's
Who in their right mind is picking the Steelers to win the Superbowl? :confused: lol
Lev Bell and AB were both huge prima donna's but they were exceptionally talented players. You can't lose two players with that kind of talent and expect to be better. Lev Bell sat out last season and they missed the playoffs all together. If they can make the playoffs without Bell and AB, that would be VERY impressive.
-Nick :bug-red
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:44 pm
Knifemom117 wrote:

Oh no you made a tattoo bet?
We made a bet the first season we were together that if my team (Vikings) won he would get their logo tattooed and if his won (Cowboys) I would get their logo. I'm not entirely sure yet if that bet still stands this year, we haven't discussed it. The years after that he told me, knowing full well it wouldn't happen, that if the Vikings get a ring then I get one too. Thankfully in the 4 years we've been together neither of us has had to get a tattoo.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

C'mon Bears!!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:11 pm
Well they got their big contract with Ezekiel Elliot >> but I've heard that Dak Prescott is angry for some reason. And with Jason Witten returning I think Dallas has about as good a chance as anyone in the NFC this upcoming season.

I'm starting to think that the Chicago Bears might be a sleeper and might surprise some folks this year.
The Bears seem to have a lot of hype around them this season, they have a great defense but I really don't think Trubisky has what it takes to win it all. If they make the playoffs again, that will be enough to surprise me personally.
Knifemom117 wrote:
My only hope is that the Cowboys don't get to and win the superbowl... I don't want their logo on my butt.
If that bet is only for this season... you have nothing to worry about! ;)
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

Mushroom,
The bet isn't the only reason but it's a pretty solid reason.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Love seeing the ladies involved this year!! :D
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
Frozenspyder wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:30 pm
I'm going to go with a safe prediction. The Vikings will start off strong, start losing midseason, get their act together, barely make the playoffs, and lose in the first round or two by a field goal.

I'm hoping for a good season for the Cowboys. However, I'd feel better about their chances if they'd get a new head coach. I think they've got everything else they need to win a championship.
The two best QBs that the Vikings ever had were Brett Favre and Fran Tarkenton. Now I did think that Jeff George did well with them too>> especially when they had Randy Moss..
Yeah I'll go along with that. But even Dennis Green said before he died that Daunte Culpepper kind of disappointed him. I always liked Denny Green as a head coach. I also thought that Brad Childress really got a bad rap considering all he was up against. Heck he was just one game from the big Dance when he had Favre throwing for him. The two Favre years were exciting for that franchise for sure.

For a while I thought Culpepper and Randy Moss were going to be the next "Montana and Rice" but it sure didn't pan out for whatever reason :confused:
Culpeper with a young Moss, veteran Chris Carter and I believe Robert Smith at running back?? Those were some great Vikings offenses for a few years there...though I remember my Giants putting the bricks to them one year in the late 90's in the playoffs.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

2nd and 40?? Wow
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Culpeper with a young Moss, veteran Chris Carter and I believe Robert Smith at running back?? Those were some great Vikings offenses for a few years there...though I remember my Giants putting the bricks to them one year in the late 90's in the playoffs.

God bless Denny Green...one of the greatest interviews of all time after his Cardinals lost to the Bears. Can't remember it verbatim, but it's worth a Google search :)

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

First game of the 2019 NFL season 10 to 3 with Green Bay being the winner :confused: You've got to be kidding me. So much for Aaron Roger's explosive offense :rolleyes: >> and this is coming from an Aaron Rogers fan too. And to top that off there were two guys from NFL Network trying to compare this Bear's team defense to the 1985 Bears team>> Other than two key players I don't see what they've got to base that on :confused: Must be nice making 6 digits a year and being that ridiculously wrong :rolleyes:

I am however sort of impressed with Green Bay's new coaching staff>> I think they've done better than expected in their first year. But I was expecting much more out of the Bears in their first game.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:51 pm
MacLaren wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

KC will be a strong team again. They are always fun to watch and I Iike Mahomes.
Lol, funny you the Steelers are a mess Darby. A lot of the top guys in football are picking the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl.
Now, dont get me wrong. One sees that Pittsburgh loose AB and Bell and think oh man. But, that's exactly why the experts are picking the Steelers to go all the way.
Who in their right mind is picking the Steelers to win the Superbowl? :confused: lol
Lev Bell and AB were both huge prima donna's but they were exceptionally talented players. You can't lose two players with that kind of talent and expect to be better. Lev Bell sat out last season and they missed the playoffs all together. If they can make the playoffs without Bell and AB, that would be VERY impressive.
The steelers were picked to go to the super bowl, but not win it.
I hear what your saying.
As for me, I cant see why the Patriots wont win it again.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:43 am
First game of the 2019 NFL season 10 to 3 with Green Bay being the winner :confused: You've got to be kidding me. So much for Aaron Roger's explosive offense :rolleyes: >> and this is coming from an Aaron Rogers fan too. And to top that off there were two guys from NFL Network trying to compare this Bear's team defense to the 1985 Bears team>> Other than two key players I don't see what they've got to base that on :confused: Must be nice making 6 digits a year and being that ridiculously wrong :rolleyes:

I am however sort of impressed with Green Bay's new coaching staff>> I think they've done better than expected in their first year. But I was expecting much more out of the Bears in their first game.
Chicago prolly has the best defense in the whole NFL
They were absolutely amazing last night.
The big let down I imo, was the Bears offense.
But, it's just the first game
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I thought the defense for both teams looked good last night! Holding Aaron Rodgers to 10 points is impressive in itself. He didn't play in any preseason games this year though, so it could just be a result of "shaking the rust off".
Either way though, I agree that the Bears offense was underwhelming. The pace of the game almost felt like an extension of the preseason.

I'm ready for Sunday night! :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Mushroom wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

The Steelers had talent and still have talent. I cannot deny that. They have always put together a decent roster. They also have dysfunction. Tomlin has no control and needs to go and there will be no Super Bowl appearances until that happens. Their issues don’t have to do with talent, they have to do with a lack of leadership.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 am
Mushroom wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

The Steelers had talent and still have talent. I cannot deny that. They have always put together a decent roster. They also have dysfunction. Tomlin has no control and needs to go and there will be no Super Bowl appearances until that happens. Their issues don’t have to do with talent, they have to do with a lack of leadership.
Well, you could certainly say that last year.
But, who in the heck can control AB or Bell?
The Raiders sure cant, lol
We just saw today what a joke John Gruden is.
AB, after what he did is actually gonna play against the Broncos.
That being said, I'm willing to be the Steelers win the AFC North
Big Ben feels as he really has something to prove. And, to some extent, so does Mike Tomlin. And, that's dangerous for AFC North opponents. Pittsburg and Tomlin have won the Super Bowl before. And, they can again imho.
I love debates like this :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If the Raiders don't get completely rid of A. B. after what all I heard today that are complete idiots :mad: I heard an interview with Shannon Sharpe and Greg Jennings today>> both guys were hall of fame caliber when they played>> both of them said that they are completely disgusted with A. B. :(

The Raiders can cut ties with him right now and be able to completely get out of their mega million dollar contract and send him packing>> and if they don't do it they are complete fools and idiots. A. B. is nothing but locker room poison to the lowest degree in my opinion. Actually threatening to do physical harm to the general manager :rolleyes: >> especially after inking a $30 Million dollar deal :eek:

If Jon Gruden doesn't can this guy immediately then he's a bigger idiot than A. B. is :mad:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:59 pm
If the Raiders don't get completely rid of A. B. after what all I heard today that are complete idiots :mad: I heard an interview with Shannon Sharpe and Greg Jennings today>> both guys were hall of fame caliber when they played>> both of them said that they are completely disgusted with A. B. :(

The Raiders can cut ties with him right now and be able to completely get out of their mega million dollar contract and send him packing>> and if they don't do it they are complete fools and idiots. A. B. is nothing but locker room poison to the lowest degree in my opinion. Actually threatening to do physical harm to the general manager :rolleyes: >> especially after inking a $30 Million dollar deal :eek:

If Jon Gruden doesn't can this guy immediately then he's a bigger idiot than A. B. is :mad:
That's why I was hammering Gruden JD.
AB, ain't goin anywhere but the field. Yup.
The Raiders blew their chance to get rid of him and his contract.
Now, the Raiders shall get what they deserve my good friend.