NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by TkoK83Spy »

42-21!? Joe is feeling VERY CONFIDENT! Might be underestimating that defense a little! Much stronger than the Titans and definitely stronger than the Texans.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:48 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:43 pm
This game is tricky as helll to predict imo.
I honestly think the game rides on Jimmy G's shoulders
IF......IF Jimmy G performs great, then I think the Niners may just win it. If he doesn't, then the Chiefs may win COMFORTABLY
Yes, imo, its gonna take more than what the Niners did to Green Bay to beat the Chiefs. Jimmy G is the X factor I think....
He's definitely going to have to throw more than 6 times in this game! Haha
Bingo!! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'll also say this, Kansas City, with ALL THE WEAPONS that they have......all the weapons at Mahomes disposal, SHOULD WIN THE SUPER BOWL. If SF wins, then I just dont know lol...

Man, I keep going back and forth....very hard to predict!
On one hand, KC with all those weapons, and on the other hand, SF with such a well.rounded team, and especially good defense.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

MacLaren wrote:
IF......IF Jimmy G performs great, then I think the Niners may just win it. If he doesn't, then the Chiefs may win COMFORTABLY
Yes, imo, its gonna take more than what the Niners did to Green Bay to beat the Chiefs. Jimmy G is the X factor I think....
I disagree. It will all come down to line play. If the 49ers d-line pressures mahomes enough to disrupt his play and the o-line pushes the chiefs around, then they might just run it another 42 times and keep the ball out of mahomes’ Hands. You think mahomes is that much better than Arron Rogers? Doubtful. 49ers are only missing one player. Everyone is healthy. chiefs should be very worried. And if they ask jimmy g to throw it, he has Debo, sanders, and kittle ready to catch it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SF Native wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:38 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I disagree. It will all come down to line play. If the 49ers d-line pressures mahomes enough to disrupt his play and the o-line pushes the chiefs around, then they might just run it another 42 times and keep the ball out of mahomes’ Hands. You think mahomes is that much better than Arron Rogers? Doubtful. 49ers are only missing one player. Everyone is healthy. chiefs should be very worried. And if they ask jimmy g to throw it, he has Debo, sanders, and kittle ready to catch it.
Lol, Mahomes has sooooo many weapons.
Mahomes being better than Rodgers has nothing to do with it.
You ask that, then you really dont understand imo. Because if Rodgers had the weapons that Mahomes had, then forget about it, it would be Green Bay vs KC. I think a lot of people would agree with that too.
Kanasas City will be extremely hard to slow down much less defeat.
And, to your point, well duh!!
Of course SF will win if they win both lines of scrimmage
I'm just saying that Jimmy G will have to do more than throw 7 times to beat KC.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Seriously, San Francisco is a lot like Tennessee on that they really rely on running the ball. And, Tennessee was really running the ball well with Henry. KC shut that down. A run game that destroyed the Ravens.
I'll stick to my guns, unless Jimmy G has big night throwing the ball, I think Kansas City wins...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm
42-21!? Joe is feeling VERY CONFIDENT! Might be underestimating that defense a little! Much stronger than the Titans and definitely stronger than the Texans.
This isn't the only team the Chiefs have faced with a top notch defense. When you got JG only throwing 8 passes the entire game something is seriously out of balance. Oh sure they won all right but can they do it against a team that can put up points like a pinball machine :cool: ????

I'm not by any means saying that the Chiefs can't be beat. Any team in the NFL on a given day can have things go wrong. Look at New England getting beat by Miami in Week #16 :eek: . I wouldn't have bet a $5 bill on that happening. Again this has been the most unpredictable year in the NFL I can ever remember.

The 49ers were not undefeated in the regular season. So there were teams that figured them out. But we'll see in about 13 days :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 pm
Seriously, San Francisco is a lot like Tennessee on that they really rely on running the ball. And, Tennessee was really running the ball well with Henry. KC shut that down. A run game that destroyed the Ravens.
I'll stick to my guns, unless Jimmy G has big night throwing the ball, I think Kansas City wins...
Good points MAC>> and don't think for a nanosecond that Spagnuolo, Reid and Bieniemy aren't already working on it. The Chief's defense has been improving almost every game since the "Bye Week". Even if the Niners win it all they won't be doing it by way of a "blow out" NO WAY!!

IF KC does win this Superbowl they will be extremely hard to beat for the next 2 to 4 years I'm sure of it. The weapons are in place>> most of the superstars are under contract and I'm sure they will ink a new deal with Patrick in the off season. They ain't about to let that cash machine go I can assure you.

Now that Chris Jones and Frank Clark are both hitting on 8 cylinders I don't see Jimmy G walking all over the Chiefs at all. But again we'll see in about 13 days. I wouldn't miss it for the world :cool:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Just food for thought.
49ers finished the season better than the chiefs for total offensive yard per game and average points per game.
Jimmy g passed for almost 4,000 yards this season.
It might be a balanced offense or they might keep the ball out of mahones hands for long stretches.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:38 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Hey SF you seem like a really good guy>> like most people here at Spyderville I feel like you're family just the same as I do many other buddies I've made here over the years. But don't think for one second that the Chiefs are going to roll over and play dead in the upcoming Superbowl. Sure the Niners have just as much chance of winning as the Chiefs do. But there is no way they are going to blow out the Chiefs. That I would make a serious bet on.

You under-estimate our premier coaching staff that has put this team together. No doubt the Niners had a great season and a season I wouldn't have predicted. Sure they have a running game. But did you notice that we shut down Derrick Henry Sunday? And to tell you the truth I was surprised that the Chiefs did shut him down :eek: But our defense has been improving since the Bye Week and now that we have Chris Jones back along with FRank Clark, And Terrell Suggs our defense is far from being trash I can assure you.

With Andy Reid, Eric Bieniemy and Steve Spagnuolo at the helm I can assure you that they will have a game plan in place for the Niners. Again I'm not saying 100% certain that the Chiefs are going to win. But I am saying that if you think there's going to be a humiliating blow out against the Chiefs I can assure you that won't happen. The only games Patrick Mahomes has lost has been by 7 points or less. He has yet to be blown out and I doubt if it's going to start anytime soon. But we will all see for sure in about 13 days. You're a good man SF and I've always enjoyed your posts on the forum and if you lived close by I would invite you over for a Bar BQ on SB Sunday. But if the Chiefs do lose the Superbowl it won't be by more than 7 points max.

OH a little sidebar>> back in the old days I was a 49ers fan when they had Montana, Young, Rice, Taylor, Roger Craig, and that monster defense they used to have with Ronnie Lott & CO. I rooted for Joe Montana in all 4 of his Superbowl victories just to let you know I don't have any bitterness against that team at all. I still say that Jerry Rice & Joe Montana were the best QB-Receiver combo since Stauback-Pearson. It's gonna be a great game.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm
Just food for thought.
49ers finished the season better than the chiefs for total offensive yard per game and average points per game.
It might be a balanced offense or they might keep the ball out of mahones hands for long stretches.
That's not even a fair analysis at all. Mahomes was injured for a big part of the season. No you can't be telling me that Jimmy G is a better QB than Mahomes is :rolleyes: Not even close. Had it not been for Patrick's injury we would have probably been about 14-2. But it's going to be a great game. It will probably be one of the better Superbowls we've seen in a while. I will admit that Jimmy G has done better than I thought he would. But to compare him with Patrick or Lamar Jackson it isn't even close.

Again it's highly possible the Niners could have a great day and the Chiefs might have an off day. Hey anything is possible in the NFL. Also I don't think you can compare this Niners team to the ones they had in the Joe Montana Era>> Those old 49ers teams and 1985 Chicago Bears were the best teams ever in the NFL IMO. But that was then and this is now :) It's all good my friend :)
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:09 pm
SF Native wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm
Just food for thought.
That's not even a fair analysis at all. Mahomes was injured for a big part of the season. No you can't be telling me that Jimmy G is a better QB than Mahomes is :rolleyes: Not even close. Had it not been for Patrick's injury we would have probably been about 14-2. But it's going to be a great game. It will probably be one of the better Superbowls we've seen in a while. I will admit that Jimmy G has done better than I thought he would. But to compare him with Patrick or Lamar Jackson it isn't even close.

Again it's highly possible the Niners could have a great day and the Chiefs might have an off day. Hey anything is possible in the NFL. Also I don't think you can compare this Niners team to the ones they had in the Joe Montana Era>> Those old 49ers teams and 1985 Chicago Bears were the best teams ever in the NFL IMO. But that was then and this is now :) It's all good my friend :)
Hey jd,
Go back and read what I wrote. I did not say jimmy g is better than mahomes. I said the team had better numbers for the whole season. Mahomes injury had something to do with that, but for all the talk on here of people who have not been following this team. The 9ers are a better balanced team and put up big numbers this year. They are not just a rushing team. They have beat teams in different ways this year.

The one thing I will say... 49ers had more trouble this year with really mobile qb’s. Guys like Wilson and Lamar. If you stay in the pocket, you toast. So that should be a check in Kc’s favor.
It should be a great game. Looking forward to it.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

This should be a great SuperBowl. These are my two favorite teams. Been a Mahomes fan since I first saw him play. Been watching SF for 20 years now and this is a very good team, not just the players but the coaching staff as well.

Can't say what's going on with JimmyG, but I hope he's good to go on game day. When he's right, he's good enough.

Should be a great tight end match up with Kittle and Kelce. Two of the best in the league.

I don't know if you noticed, but SF's running game is more than one talented back. In fact, the starter went out with an injury in the first half, and the other guy was cut by five or six teams. Well, it's a fun team to watch after so many years of bad football.

I wouldn't bet big money on either team. Should be a game for the ages.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Warrant out for Antonio Brown's arrest...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:16 pm
Warrant out for Antonio Brown's arrest...
I was getting ready to say "What An Idiot"!! :mad: But as I got to thinking about the correct thing to say is "What A Complete Idiot"!! :mad: He has taken idiocy to an all time lower level. What a totally rotten human being :(

If I were Roger Goodell I would never let him back in the NFL at all. I heard that he literally tried to stiff a delivery driver for over $4000 who was hired by Antonio Brown and signed a valid contract to deliver his personal property. Then I heard that Brown and his Trainer both bullied the delivery driver and assaulted him repeatedly. Truly I think that both Brown and his trainer both should get some jail/prison time for such an outrageous act. I no longer have any pity for this reprobate jerk at all.

They better not select me to be on that jury :mad: :mad:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

As long been expected, and relief for all Giants fans...our former leader Eli Manning has decided to call it a career. As a die-hard fan since I was 7 years, this is a tough one. I'm happy he will retire as a Giant, but sad to see him go. Even though I know it's time.

With one of the strangest careers ever for an NFL quarterback, the highest of highs and lowest of lows, the debate begins...is he a hall of famer?

Honestly, not being biased...I think he is. Top 10 in all major passing categories, 2 time Superbowl champion AND MVP! You can't write the history of the NFL/Superbowls without Eli Manning...I think that alone should give him a gold jacket!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I think he is too Rick. If for nothing else, he's been a pillar of the NFL for all this time. The man played like a star, and was there for a lot of pro ball history.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I don't like Eli Manning (duh I'm a Cowboys fan) . However, I can say he will easily be a first ballot hall of famer. 2 Superbowl wins against the Patriots dynasty (yes I know wins aren't a qb stat but they are still judged by that criteria) and top 10 in a lot of stats (not all of them good but still).
And before anyone asks me, no, I do not think Romo should be a hall of famer. Postseason was awful, never a league MVP, not even once was he selected as a first team All Pro. Cowboys ring of honor, sure, why not.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 pm
As long been expected, and relief for all Giants fans...our former leader Eli Manning has decided to call it a career. As a die-hard fan since I was 7 years, this is a tough one. I'm happy he will retire as a Giant, but sad to see him go. Even though I know it's time.

With one of the strangest careers ever for an NFL quarterback, the highest of highs and lowest of lows, the debate begins...is he a hall of famer?

Honestly, not being biased...I think he is. Top 10 in all major passing categories, 2 time Superbowl champion AND MVP! You can't write the history of the NFL/Superbowls without Eli Manning...I think that alone should give him a gold jacket!
I will always be eternally grateful for the two times the Eli Manning & the Giants soundly defeated the Evil Empire both times they played them in the Superbowl. Lord Brady and Bill Bellyache were both totally humiliated and it did my soul well to see a good sportsman like Eli Manning soundly beat them :) Those were two of the most enjoyable Superbowls I can ever remember watching. The other two Superbowls I loved were the 1985 Chicago Bears and their defeat of the Evil Empire>> also when unknown Quarterback Kurt Warner and the St. Louis Rams defeated the Titans in the 99-2000 Superbowl. Probably the biggest Cinderella victory in Superbowl history.

I truly think Eli is doing the right thing and retiring before he might get seriously hurt. The entire Manning family always had my respect. Archie Manning ( father of Eli & Peyton) I do believe would have been one of the very best QBs of all time had he gotten to play with a winning team. Most people have forgotten that Archie Manning made the Pro-Bowl multiple times while playing with a losing team. But at least the boys really did great. I do wish all of them well.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This is too funny! The Chiefs are about to play in a Superbowl and you still cant stop talking about the Patriots! LOL :D
I guess thats what happens when you redefine the word "Dominate" and set the standard of excellence in the league for two straight decades.

-

Eli Manning should absolutely not be in the Hall of Fame, but he basically already has a ticket in because of his last name.

He's a .500 QB, has led the league in interceptions THREE times, and when you look at it completely objectively, he completed the luckiest pass in the history of Superbowls. Honestly, he's been a decent QB over the years but not a hall of famer in my opinion.
-Nick :bug-red