NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:12 pm

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:05 pm
Just got some more "ANTONIO BROWN" news :( His agent Drew Rosenhaus has dropped him. He says until he seeks professional help from a mental health professional he will no longer try to work with AB :( . This is so sad to see a young guy who had such huge potential literally throw his life down the toilet like he's doing. But I don't blame his agent for dropping him at all. I seriously doubt now if AB could even land a job in the XFL much less ever be on another NFL team again.

It's so sad because I'm sure he had at least 4 to 5 really good years left in his career.

Back on a positive note: Who disagrees with me that Mike Vrabel should be named as NFL Coach of the Year? In line behind him should be Mike Tomlin for doing as good as he did in an almost impossible situation and still almost made the playoffs. But if the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl this Sunday I wouldn't mind if they gave the honors to Andy Reid for as hard as he has worked for so many years now. It will be most interesting to see who gets the honors this year.
Makes me wander how many concussions Antonio Brown has sustained. Luke Kuechly, recently retired at 28, due in part to 10 concussions over the past 3 years.
Concussions are serious business

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1425
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby SF Native » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Coach of the year doesn’t count the playoffs. Vrabel won’t win with a 9-7 record.
Shanahan will win. Took a 4 win team to the #1 team in the nfc. It’s no contest.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby JD Spydo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:12 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:05 pm
Just got some more "ANTONIO BROWN" news :( His agent Drew Rosenhaus has dropped him. He says until he seeks professional help from a mental health professional he will no longer try to work with AB :( . This is so sad to see a young guy who had such huge potential literally throw his life down the toilet like he's doing. But I don't blame his agent for dropping him at all. I seriously doubt now if AB could even land a job in the XFL much less ever be on another NFL team again.

It's so sad because I'm sure he had at least 4 to 5 really good years left in his career.

Back on a positive note: Who disagrees with me that Mike Vrabel should be named as NFL Coach of the Year? In line behind him should be Mike Tomlin for doing as good as he did in an almost impossible situation and still almost made the playoffs. But if the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl this Sunday I wouldn't mind if they gave the honors to Andy Reid for as hard as he has worked for so many years now. It will be most interesting to see who gets the honors this year.
Makes me wander how many concussions Antonio Brown has sustained. Luke Kuechly, recently retired at 28, due in part to 10 concussions over the past 3 years.
Concussions are serious business
I've been thinking that for some time now. I even went on record saying all the way back when he was axed by the Patriots because he couldn't obey that one agreement he made with the Pats to stay off of the "Social Media".
Maybe some of you think I'm being unreasonable>> but I could sure stay the heck off of my computer if I were going to make about $150,000 a week or more. The Pats just didn't want to be part of a sick soap opera he had been creating and you can't blame them.
Even Jon Gruden would have went way out of his way to accomodate Antonio Brown>> The Raiders really wanted him bad for a receiver. And when you think of 32 teams in the NFL and no one else is having those kinds of problems YES!! I just have to believe the poor guy has sustained some bad brain damage. Yeah MAC I think you're confirming what I come to believe all the way back to Week #2. He should take his agent's advice and go seek medical help.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby JD Spydo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 pm

SF Native wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm
Coach of the year doesn’t count the playoffs. Vrabel won’t win with a 9-7 record.
Shanahan will win. Took a 4 win team to the #1 team in the nfc. It’s no contest.
Why wouldn't Mike Vrabel's miraculous playoff wins factor into his being qualified as "NFL Coach Of The Year" :confused: ?? I would think regular season and post season both should factor into his overall performance. To me the Post Season is perhaps the most important.

Hey and I'm not in any way taking away from what Shanahan has done for the 49ers this year. There is most definitely a case to be made he could also be considered.

But I'm also still kind of in agreement with MAC that Coach Tomlin of the STeelers did an amazing job after all the terrible setbacks that team had to endure. And they came very close to making the playoffs with no viable QB for the 2019 season and losing a premier receiver and and a premier Running Back the previous year. For all the bad luck the Steelers had the past year I think Coach Tomlin did much better than a lot of coaches would have done in those circumstances. But there's good arguments to be made for everyone we've mentioned. But for Coach Vrabel to beat two teams that were deemed "unbeatable" is pretty remarkable in my book.

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3193
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby TkoK83Spy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm

After watching the Aaron Hernandez Netflix 3 part special...sadly, I have a bad feeling that Antonio Brown may be suffering from CTE already at his young age. Ever since that massive hit from Vontaze Burfict a couple years ago, he hasn't been the same guy mentally.

His father has said he's had struggles during his teen years as well. This guy needs to end his career and seek help. As sad as it is because he's an all world, incredible talent...he needs to get his mind right and life in order. Very disturbing videos and posts lately. Very sad to see. A couple years ago he was my favorite wr in the league...even over Beckham while my Giants still had him, because AB seemed to have a more level head.

You guys need to check out that Aaron Hernandez special. I certainly dont sympathize or justify for what he did because of CTE, but it's quite an eye opener.
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

SF Native
Member
Posts: 1425
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 am
Location: Fairfax, Ca

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby SF Native » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:38 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 pm
SF Native wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm
Coach of the year doesn’t count the playoffs. Vrabel won’t win with a 9-7 record.
Shanahan will win. Took a 4 win team to the #1 team in the nfc. It’s no contest.
Why wouldn't Mike Vrabel's miraculous playoff wins factor into his being qualified as "NFL Coach Of The Year" :confused: ?? I would think regular season and post season both should factor into his overall performance. To me the Post Season is perhaps the most important.

Hey and I'm not in any way taking away from what Shanahan has done for the 49ers this year. There is most definitely a case to be made he could also be considered.

But I'm also still kind of in agreement with MAC that Coach Tomlin of the STeelers did an amazing job after all the terrible setbacks that team had to endure. And they came very close to making the playoffs with no viable QB for the 2019 season and losing a premier receiver and and a premier Running Back the previous year. For all the bad luck the Steelers had the past year I think Coach Tomlin did much better than a lot of coaches would have done in those circumstances. But there's good arguments to be made for everyone we've mentioned. But for Coach Vrabel to beat two teams that were deemed "unbeatable" is pretty remarkable in my book.
The award is presented the day before the super bowl and voted on at the end of the regular season. Just how it is. There are several coach of the year awards but the associated press award is widely considered “the award”. The nfl actually doesn’t have one on its own.
Edit: not that I know all these weird facts, but they were talking about it on the radio yesterday on my drive home.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby JD Spydo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:06 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm
After watching the Aaron Hernandez Netflix 3 part special...sadly, I have a bad feeling that Antonio Brown may be suffering from CTE already at his young age. Ever since that massive hit from Vontaze Burfict a couple years ago, he hasn't been the same guy mentally.

His father has said he's had struggles during his teen years as well. This guy needs to end his career and seek help. As sad as it is because he's an all world, incredible talent...he needs to get his mind right and life in order. Very disturbing videos and posts lately. Very sad to see. A couple years ago he was my favorite wr in the league...even over Beckham while my Giants still had him, because AB seemed to have a more level head.

You guys need to check out that Aaron Hernandez special. I certainly dont sympathize or justify for what he did because of CTE, but it's quite an eye opener.
There was so much controversy and so much other information regarding Aaron Hernandez that I really don't even know where to begin with that one. I had heard that the guy had a wide range of problems even off the field>> and some you can't even mention on this forum :( They sure wanted to sweep him under the rug ASAP.
Getting back to Antonio Brown it just has to be something like extensive brain damage or some other neurological disorder. Because no rational human is going to act like he's been acting. Especially when his actions have literally cost him millions of dollars. I got the feeling that those sex abuse allegations might be an under-handed way of eliminating him from the NFL. Just a hunch I've got. No real way to prove it. But for all that to supposedly happen to that young lady and it takes months or years for it to finally come to light-- Yeah Right :rolleyes: . And the timing of it just looks really suspicious to me. Just doesn't pass the smell test for me :rolleyes: .
I also still think that there are a lot of un-answered questions about Junior Seau as well. I doubt if we ever get the full truth on that one either :(

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby JD Spydo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:23 am

SF Native wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:38 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 pm
SF Native wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm
Coach of the year doesn’t count the playoffs. Vrabel won’t win with a 9-7 record.
Shanahan will win. Took a 4 win team to the #1 team in the nfc. It’s no contest.
Why wouldn't Mike Vrabel's miraculous playoff wins factor into his being qualified as "NFL Coach Of The Year" :confused: ?? I would think regular season and post season both should factor into his overall performance. To me the Post Season is perhaps the most important.

Hey and I'm not in any way taking away from what Shanahan has done for the 49ers this year. There is most definitely a case to be made he could also be considered.

But I'm also still kind of in agreement with MAC that Coach Tomlin of the STeelers did an amazing job after all the terrible setbacks that team had to endure. And they came very close to making the playoffs with no viable QB for the 2019 season and losing a premier receiver and and a premier Running Back the previous year. For all the bad luck the Steelers had the past year I think Coach Tomlin did much better than a lot of coaches would have done in those circumstances. But there's good arguments to be made for everyone we've mentioned. But for Coach Vrabel to beat two teams that were deemed "unbeatable" is pretty remarkable in my book.
The award is presented the day before the super bowl and voted on at the end of the regular season. Just how it is. There are several coach of the year awards but the associated press award is widely considered “the award”. The nfl actually doesn’t have one on its own.
Edit: not that I know all these weird facts, but they were talking about it on the radio yesterday on my drive home.
There are a lot of possibilities as to who will end up with the "NFL Coach Of The Year" award. Most certainly Kyle Shanahan is a viable candidate. As are some of the ones I already mentioned. As far as the RAVENS Coach ( Harbaugh) all he really needed was some better players and he finally got them. Lamar Jackson will be back again. The Packer's first year Coach ( LaFleur) has done a really great job in his first year too. They are all suggestions and I'll let the experts make their case on the final decision. But I do see your point.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:35 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm
After watching the Aaron Hernandez Netflix 3 part special...sadly, I have a bad feeling that Antonio Brown may be suffering from CTE already at his young age. Ever since that massive hit from Vontaze Burfict a couple years ago, he hasn't been the same guy mentally.

His father has said he's had struggles during his teen years as well. This guy needs to end his career and seek help. As sad as it is because he's an all world, incredible talent...he needs to get his mind right and life in order. Very disturbing videos and posts lately. Very sad to see. A couple years ago he was my favorite wr in the league...even over Beckham while my Giants still had him, because AB seemed to have a more level head.

You guys need to check out that Aaron Hernandez special. I certainly dont sympathize or justify for what he did because of CTE, but it's quite an eye opener.
Thanx Rick.
And, just not Hernendez as we know.
But, I'll surely watch that.
Yeah man, it's a very sad situation. His behavior ( AB )is really disturbing.
The story of Mike Webster comes to mind, and was heartbreaking.
The Mike Webster story was from SI, I believe and was a good article.

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 5827
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby Spydergirl88 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Jason Garrett is now the OC for the Giants...
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:07 pm
Jason Garrett is now the OC for the Giants...
Yup. Just heard on the radio.
I reckon Rick has already passed out :D
I know I would...

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3193
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Hahaha, honestly....as an OC, I think it could be worse! I'll give him a chance. He did well with Dak, hopefully can do the same with Jones. I was totally against him as head coach, a little optimistic as an OC. We have the skill players if they can stay healthy.
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby JD Spydo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:47 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 pm
Hahaha, honestly....as an OC, I think it could be worse! I'll give him a chance. He did well with Dak, hopefully can do the same with Jones. I was totally against him as head coach, a little optimistic as an OC. We have the skill players if they can stay healthy.
Actually Jason Garrett did pretty good as an OC under Wade Phillips in the early going of the Tony Romo, T.O. Days. When he was catapulted into the head coaching position he never panned out as a head coach. Some people even with their vast knowledge of the game are never meant to be a head coach. Actually I just thank GOD above that Garrett didn't end up in the Chiefs organization :eek: GOD forbid!!! :rolleyes:
Two examples the KC Chiefs past coaches who were excellent coordinators and those being Romeo Crennel and Herman Edwards>> both of those guys were great coordinators but both were abysmal failures as head coaches. Also you can add Todd Haley to that list as well. Todd Haley has been a great OC for the Steelers and did great when he was with the Arizona Cardinals but he is another knowledgeable guy who will never make the grade as a head coach. Haley was literally ran out of town here in KC. They replaced him with Andy Reid :cool:

Garrett might do well as an OC. I think it will do him good to get out of "Jerry Land" for a while and get a lot of pressure taken off of him. He is a knowledgeable guy in the game of football but will never make a good head coach. Those are just the facts of life unfortunately.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:06 am

Honestly, the Garrett hire by the Giants makes absolutely no sense to me!
Dallas has arguably one of the most talented teams in the NFL
Top 2 I'm thinking anyways. And, Garrett couldnt do anything with all that talent. So, with all the people in the world to choose from, why in the helll did New York hire Jason Garrett???
My goodness.

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby JD Spydo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:15 am

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:06 am
Honestly, the Garrett hire by the Giants makes absolutely no sense to me!
Dallas has arguably one of the most talented teams in the NFL
Top 2 I'm thinking anyways. And, Garrett couldnt do anything with all that talent. So, with all the people in the world to choose from, why in the helll did New York hire Jason Garrett???
My goodness.
I wouldn't argue with you for a nanosecond that Garrett is not NFL coaching material :rolleyes: Yeah if he can't produce with a team of the caliber of the COWBOYS I'm also doubtful if he could ever be a coaching consideration again. ( Heaven Help Us :eek: )

But he might be good in a front office position or a talent scout and/or locating talent that didn't get drafted for whatever reason. I just can't understand why Jerry Jones didn't flush this guy 3 to 4 years ago.

But Garrett is knowledgeable about the NFL and it's internal operations and again I think he might be OK for an office job. With his personality that seems to be what he would be more suited for anyway.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Well, JD, by this time tomorrow, we will know whether or not if your Cheifs will be going to Miami, for the final game of the year my friend.
Are getting nervous yet? :)

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:12 am

In just a few more hours........ :D :D

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:53 am

JD, you in the house man?

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3193
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:53 am
JD, you in the house man?
Bet he's doing some very superstitious rituals right now :p
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Postby MacLaren » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:38 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:53 am
JD, you in the house man?
Bet he's doing some very superstitious rituals right now :p
Hes prolly been to every grocery store in Kansas City :D


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 013 and 9 guests