NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:22 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 pm
SG is quiet...where you at girl!?! :p
My kid is super sick so I haven't been able to watch the game much... But I did see that cat on the field! Lol
Sorry to hear that! Sports jabber takes a backseat. Do your motherly duties and hope your little one gets better soon.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

GEE the WWE makes it way to the NFL. Why don't the officials just throw these bozos out of the game. This game is just getting way out of hand. And it's a bad game on top of that.
Sorry to hear your youngster is sick Spydergirl. There is a lot of that virus type crap going all over this metro area too. I've been fortunate so far.

It's painful to watch this game. I think I'll just check the score in about 30 minutes and spare myself the agony. Prescott doesn't deserve a big pay day after what this team has done so far in this season and Jerry Jones would be an absolute fool to give him one after the poor performance of the entire team.. This Dallas team's chemistry is just outrageous IMO.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Thanks for the well wishes for my son!
As for the game... Never has a black cat brought such good luck :D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Jason Garrett bought himself some more time. But I still say he's one bad loss away from getting the ax. The Cowboys did redeem themselves in the second half of last night's game. So that made my picks 5 out of 7 for week #9. But the Cowboy's schedule isn't getting any easier. When they play the Pats I got a feeling we'll be seeing what the Cowboys are really made of.

I don't dislike Jason Garrett but he's just one of those good coordinators that is just not enough of a talent to be a head coach IMO. He better hope that he runs the table for the remainder of this season.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I had a rough day yesterday and went to bed early. I was almost shocked that the Raiders beat the Chargers>> especially the way the Chargers beat the Packers last week.

I'll say it again this has been on of the hardest years to predict these games that I can ever remember. I'll have next week's picks tonight.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I was expecting the Raiders to win this one. They've been really underrated this season but have been coming back strong! I didn't catch the whole game, but seeing the score this morning, I wasn't really surprised.

I dont know whats going on with the Chargers this season. After last year, I was definitely expecting them to be in top competition with KC in that division. The AFC West is going to be an interesting division to see who comes out on top this year! The Raiders might actually have a chance to win the AFC West with their remaining schedule as well! :eek:
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:54 am
I was expecting the Raiders to win this one. They've been really underrated this season but have been coming back strong! I didn't catch the whole game, but seeing the score this morning, I wasn't really surprised.

I dont know whats going on with the Chargers this season. After last year, I was definitely expecting them to be in top competition with KC in that division. The AFC West is going to be an interesting division to see who comes out on top this year! The Raiders might actually have a chance to win the AFC West with their remaining schedule as well! :eek:
When the Chiefs went through their little slump I was really afraid that the Raiders might pull off a division win. I don't think that any longer especially getting Mahomes back in the line up but I do think that the Raiders could possibly be a wild card team when it's all said and done. I bet that Antonio Brown now regrets his stupidity>> because with him they would have been a force to be reckoned with.

and now A. B. Wants back into the NFL>> go figure :rolleyes:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:10 am
Mushroom wrote:

When the Chiefs went through their little slump I was really afraid that the Raiders might pull off a division win. I don't think that any longer especially getting Mahomes back in the line up but I do think that the Raiders could possibly be a wild card team when it's all said and done. I bet that Antonio Brown now regrets his stupidity>> because with him they would have been a force to be reckoned with.

I can definitely see the Raiders getting in as a wild card team this year, so long as they finish the year strong.

And AB absolutely regrets doing what he did! He went on another twitter rant yesterday (or day before) saying things like "F the NFL" and "he's done with the league" and not soon after backtracked and said he's just frustrated for being treated unfairly. :rolleyes:

I think he just realized his spotlight had faded and he needed a way to get some attention on himself again.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:48 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:10 am
Mushroom wrote:

I can definitely see the Raiders getting in as a wild card team this year, so long as they finish the year strong.

And AB absolutely regrets doing what he did! He went on another twitter rant yesterday (or day before) saying things like "F the NFL" and "he's done with the league" and not soon after backtracked and said he's just frustrated for being treated unfairly. :rolleyes:

I think he just realized his spotlight had faded and he needed a way to get some attention on himself again.
That's a good point>> because Antonio Brown and that dunce-bucket Jermaine Whitehead both were making ridiculous sums of money compared to the average working man>> and now that neither one will probably ever play in the NFL again they better watch their money very carefully because you can go through a big amount of money in no time in this day and age.

Hey if Scotty Pippen can go broke will all the loot he made then anyone else can too. I'll reiterate that Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell both are having serious regrets about leaving the Steelers. It won't be long before they will realize that they would have been much, much better off to just stay the course. >> like my late dad always said>>"There's No Cure For Absolute Stupidity" :( And to think how well off both of those guys could have been. :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

It's Offical, They just announced that PATRICK MAHOMES will be playing QB for the Chiefs this Sunday against the Titans. I also want to thank Matt Moore for doing a great job filling in for him while he was hurt. This should be a most Interesting Sunday in the NFL :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Chiefs with Mahomes vs Titans... Sounds like an easy win for the Chiefs.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm
It's Offical, They just announced that PATRICK MAHOMES will be playing QB for the Chiefs this Sunday against the Titans. I also want to thank Matt Moore for doing a great job filling in for him while he was hurt. This should be a most Interesting Sunday in the NFL :cool:
Are you excited JD? We can't tell :p
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:38 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Are you excited JD? We can't tell :p
It ain't just me >> The whole city of Kansas City is elated and in celebration mode :cool: . You ought to hear the radio stations. It's even more hyped than if the President was coming to town. A friend here where I live said that many of Sports Bars here locally were having HAPPY HOURS with drinks half priced all over the city.

I do think that Andy Reid played it smart to make darn sure he was physically A-OK and for that I give him a high five :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:33 pm
With all the really strange upsets we've had this year I don't consider any game a given at this point. If the Chargers can beat Green Bay and the Jets can beat the Cowboys then anything is possible IMO. The one thing that concerns me is that our next two games are "away" games>> one of them a week from Monday will be in Mexico City :confused: I've heard that the football field in Mexico City is like playing in a cow pasture>> if it's even that good :rolleyes:
We play the Titans and Chargers then we have a bye week that some of the injured guys desperately need.

Like I've said before this is about the toughest year to predict these games I can remember in over two decades. And I don't ever remember a season in which so many back up QBs and Rookie QBs have literally been stealing the show. They just said the other day that Cam Newton's time with the Panthers is over. Who would have predicted that at the beginning of the season? :confused:

It's truly a really weird and unusual year in the NFL here in 2019. I can't hardly wait to see how it's all going to play out in the post season.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Too early to make predictions for where Cam Newton will land next year? I'm thinking Tennessee or Tampa Bay
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:29 pm
Too early to make predictions for where Cam Newton will land next year? I'm thinking Tennessee or Tampa Bay
Heck I wouldn't even mind if the Chiefs would get him as a back up to Mahomes. With all the injuries he's had I bet they could get him at a fair rate of pay and him and Mahomes I think could work well together.

But on the other hand I think the Cleveland should take him. Because it appears that Mayfield is looking more like a Draft Bust every day he plays :( . Or he would be great to back up Dak Prescott down in Jerry Land :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:10 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:33 pm
With all the really strange upsets we've had this year I don't consider any game a given at this point. If the Chargers can beat Green Bay and the Jets can beat the Cowboys then anything is possible IMO. The one thing that concerns me is that our next two games are "away" games>> one of them a week from Monday will be in Mexico City :confused: I've heard that the football field in Mexico City is like playing in a cow pasture>> if it's even that good :rolleyes:
We play the Titans and Chargers then we have a bye week that some of the injured guys desperately need.

Like I've said before this is about the toughest year to predict these games I can remember in over two decades. And I don't ever remember a season in which so many back up QBs and Rookie QBs have literally been stealing the show. They just said the other day that Cam Newton's time with the Panthers is over. Who would have predicted that at the beginning of the season? :confused:

It's truly a really weird and unusual year in the NFL here in 2019. I can't hardly wait to see how it's all going to play out in the post season.
There are fluke games every season, you can't use that excuse for every single game. I think this ones a given, especially considering the Titans are starting Ryan Tannehill at QB.

Also, I think the hardest part about playing in Mexico City for players is the elevation. Field conditions in Mexico City have been poor for past games, so thats still a factor, but the Stadium sits at little over 7000 feet, putting it around 2000 feet higher in elevation than Denver.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:29 pm
Heck I wouldn't even mind if the Chiefs would get him as a back up to Mahomes. With all the injuries he's had I bet they could get him at a fair rate of pay and him and Mahomes I think could work well together.

But on the other hand I think the Cleveland should take him. Because it appears that Mayfield is looking more like a Draft Bust every day he plays :( . Or he would be great to back up Dak Prescott down in Jerry Land :D
Cam Newton is not going anywhere to be a backup! Especially considering how many teams need a good starting QB.

I agree with Spydergirl that Tennessee seems like a good landing spot for Cam Newton. Marcus Mariota clearly isn't a franchise QB and they're likely going to move on from him next season.

Chicago desperately needs to address their QB situation and I have a feeling they will target Cam Newton. Unless Mitchell Trubisky can turn things around for the second half of the season and show the Bears coaching staff something worthwhile, they need to make a change at QB as soon as they can. Right now, I think this is the best team for Cam Newton.

The Browns need a new head coach, not a new QB. Baker Mayfield is suffering because of incompetent coaching and it's pretty much already set in stone that Freddie Kitchens is getting the boot after this season.

I also think the Bengals might make a push for Cam Newton if they don't address their QB situation in this years draft.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If Cam Newton does end up being a starting QB again it sure isn't going to be for a top notch contender I don't think. If you're thinking along the lines of him only accepting a starting job then Cleveland makes more sense to me. Because I think if Baker (Flaker) Mayfield has two to 3 more games in which he continues to lay an egg like he's been doing I think he will be ultimately benched or traded. And if that were to happen I think Cleveland would be an ideal place for Cam to end up if they keep that roster full of good receivers. I always thought that Cam never really had the corp of receivers that could work well with him most of the time.

It's really a darn shame that Baker is not working out>> two years ago I would have almost bet that he would have been a great QB. I no longer believe that. He reminds me so much of Derek Carr's Brother David when he entered the league. For the first few games he looked superb but it didn't take long to realize that he wasn't going to thrive in the NFL. But Derek seems to continue to get better.

If Mayfield would end up a back up and someone were to mentor him a little more he might be salvageable. That truly is turning out to be a heartbreaker for everyone involved. And Freddy Kitchens has just got to go>> the sooner the better. What in the **** were they thinking about with all the great coordinators and ex-coaches they had to select from. **** even Eric Bieniemy ( The Chief's assistant head coach) would have been head and shoulders over him :o Truly the Browns were the ultimate disappointment of the 2019 Season>> and with that roster too :confused:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

What do you mean IF Cam Newton ends up a starter again? :confused: Cam Newton is NOT going anywhere to play as a backup...
There are so many teams that need a good starting QB right now. What makes you think Cam Newton is suddenly going to devalue himself enough to play as a backup when there will be several starting jobs available?

Of course, he's not going to a top notch contender because those teams already have their starting QB. That's why a dumpster fire team like the Bengals would make sense. I think the Bears makes the most sense for him though because they have a good defense and a decent offense but Trubisky is just hot garbage. If they replace Trubisky with Cam Newton, they might have a legitimate chance at winning the NFC North. They'll never win a Super Bowl with Trubisky though. Theres already talk about the Bears moving on from Mitchell Trubisky and if they do, Cam Newton will most likely be the best available option for them.

At this point, its a matter of "when" not "if" Freddie Kitchens gets fired. He's as good as gone and Cleveland fans better pray their ownership hires a competent new head coach! Baker Mayfield still has a lot of potential, he's just at the mercy of a horrendous coaching situation right now. Trading Baker Mayfield would be such a bad move for the Browns that I actually wouldn't put it past them to do something like that. :rolleyes: There would be a long line of teams trying to trade for him though!