More pockets for more knives!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
spyderg

More pockets for more knives!

Post by spyderg »

So I just picked up a pair of 5.11 Defender flex jeans. So far I can say they are extremely comfortable. If I remember I’ll report back on durability but the reviews I could find speak highly of them in that regard.
The real reason I was interested in them is the two extra hip pockets. I guess they’re meant for gun mags but for me they’re knife pockets! Right now I’ve got my Szabo in one and a slipjoint in a pocket slip in the other to test the pockets out.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
The Meat man

Re: More pockets for more knives!

Post by The Meat man »

spyderg wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:26 pm
So I just picked up a pair of 5.11 Defender flex jeans. So far I can say they are extremely comfortable. If I remember I’ll report back on durability but the reviews I could find speak highly of them in that regard.
The real reason I was interested in them is the two extra hip pockets. I guess they’re meant for gun mags but for me they’re knife pockets! Right now I’ve got my Szabo in one and a slipjoint in a pocket slip in the other to test the pockets out.
Ha I wish my pants had more pockets for just this reason.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Monty

Post by Monty »

Take a look at Mountain Khakis, less tactical looking than 5.11 with reinforcements on the pocket lips and extra pockets on several models. They are all I buy now.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Monty wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:46 pm
Take a look at Mountain Khakis, less tactical looking than 5.11 with reinforcements on the pocket lips and extra pockets on several models. They are all I buy now.
The 5.11 defender looks like any other blue jeans. I took a peek at the ones you suggest but they all say 5 pocket, at least the ones I could find.
I’ve got a local shop that I could try the 5.11’s on too, so that’s a big plus.
So far I really like them. Very comfortable and even my Szabo folder is unnoticeable in them, You can’t see it and I don’t feel it.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?