Oh Where Oh Where Has Our Little SEF Gone...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Naperville

Oh Where Oh Where Has Our Little SEF Gone...

Post by Naperville »

@SpyderEdgeForever

Where are ya buddy? :eek: Don't give up or give in, join TEAM NEVER QUIT! :cool:

Sign up for "Knife Rights" and fight the good fight. I think that you can join for as little as $25/yr, and if you have more cash sitting around than you know what to do with, you can always send Mr @Critter more cash to fight bad knife laws.

If you are worried about knife laws and how they effect you - you can also join USCCA, and they will have a lawyer on call 24x7 for you.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
flasharry

Re: Oh Where Oh Where Has Our Little SEF Gone...

Post by flasharry »

well, for sure I'll miss him if he has left our little fold.. He did have the most interesting questions and observations..
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Hey Nap, they recall SEF for his annual refit. Standard Activity, it took about a week last year if my memory serves me. :)

They’ll download intel he’s gathered, change out circuit cards, replace gyro, laser range finder, anemometer, service main and auxiliary propulsion systems, flush hydraulic and cooling systems, replace filters, seals, hydraulic hoses, batteries etc. etc. give him a once over and send him back good as new. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:27 pm
Hey Nap, they recall SEF for his annual refit. Standard Activity, it took about a week last year if my memory serves me. :)

They’ll download intel he’s gathered, change out circuit cards, replace gyro, laser range finder, anemometer, service main and auxiliary propulsion systems, flush hydraulic and cooling systems, replace filters, seals, hydraulic hoses, batteries etc. etc. give him a once over and send him back good as new. :cool:
:D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Bloke wrote:

I don't think you're that far from the truth. It's the only explanation :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am looking forward to SEF 6.0. The new version is going to be better than ever. I hope we don’t have to wait too long. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Did I miss something?? Did he say he was leaving or taking a break or something?

He's definitely someone that would be fun to sit down and have a beer and just say...tell me what's on your mind??

Darby's sig quote of SEF's is a prime example hahahaa!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I didn't even realize that he had been gone very long>> or has he :confused: ?? Yeah SEF is definitely one of the "spark plugs" of Spyderville for sure.

What the heck maybe he's going to be Donald Trump's Running Mate for the 2020 Election and he's getting ready for it :eek: :D
James Y

Post by James Y »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:10 am
Did I miss something?? Did he say he was leaving or taking a break or something?
He said he was done with knives in his last post in his thread about knife laws and blade lengths.

Jim
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Bloke wrote:

All upgrades have to go through the App Store now.
https://youtu.be/UzyRg7mywoM
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

SEF, giving up your interest in knives like that is exactly what the anti-knife people want you to do. Don't fall into their trap!
Do what Naperville suggested: join Knife Rights or some other knife advocacy organization. Show your support and be proud of your knife hobby!

And besides, if you're not around here who else will initiate all the discussions about new nanotechnology? ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Dang ya'll broke SEF
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. He was just on here a couple days ago.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 pm
I don’t know what you guys are talking about. He was just on here a couple days ago.
You have to read what he posted in the Forum Post entitled, "Knife Law question regarding Blade Lengths."
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:55 pm
Thank you, Joe, Bloke, and others for your help on understanding this. Well, this helps me make my decision. I'm done with knives altogether. From here on out, if I need to cut something, I'm sticking to scissors, except for a basic kitchen knife. My reason: I am so tired and saddened by the constant attacks against knives and ridiculous bans on knives around the world, that I don't want anything to do with knives, folding or fixed, any more. Thank you all for the great discussions we have had over the years and all of the cool knife pictures and everything.

Ignore any post I made about looking forward to any newly-released knife. I'll go for something else, perhaps a brand new pair of quality-made scissors instead. At least scissors are a controversy-free tool.

G`day, friends.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Seems a bit over dramatic, especially if it's not really directly effecting you!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:41 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 pm
You have to read what he posted in the Forum Post entitled, "Knife Law question regarding Blade Lengths."
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:55 pm
Thank you, Joe, Bloke, and others for your help on understanding this. Well, this helps me make my decision. I'm done with knives altogether. From here on out, if I need to cut something, I'm sticking to scissors, except for a basic kitchen knife. My reason: I am so tired and saddened by the constant attacks against knives and ridiculous bans on knives around the world, that I don't want anything to do with knives, folding or fixed, any more. Thank you all for the great discussions we have had over the years and all of the cool knife pictures and everything.

Ignore any post I made about looking forward to any newly-released knife. I'll go for something else, perhaps a brand new pair of quality-made scissors instead. At least scissors are a controversy-free tool.

G`day, friends.
Thanks. I had not read that. I will miss him if he really is gone.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I tried to email him but I think it did not go through..

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Uh oh maybe he really is gone.
Maybe we should send him a knife.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Weird exit from the weirdest guy on the forum. I’d expect nothing less. I hope he comes back.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08 pm
Weird exit from the weirdest guy on the forum. I’d expect nothing less. I hope he comes back.
Hey he isn't a "weird" guy at all. That title goes to Your's Truly thank you very much :D

No seriously I've talked to him off line on several occasions and he's very much a common sense, stand up kind of guy all the way around. There isn't anything wrong with the good Brother at all.

As far as what's considered 'weird, unusual, odd or even down right strange could be a label you could easily put on any of us Spyderville residents. Everytime I try to show one of my fellow workers, neighbors or just some guy I would meet on the street and share the Spyderco obsession with them I truly get some really strange reactions :eek: :rolleyes:

So if SEF has that label then so do the rest of us :D

And I'm hoping and praying that he will come to his senses and find his way back to the fold sooner rather than later ;)